SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Comments for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Jul 19, 11 7:34 AM
My question is, why does BF even offer such games? Perhaps a "Panel" of members could screen new games and prevent BF from making such mistakes again. I mean members of long standing and who are well known on the Forums.
Picked by Big Fish itself.

This Panel would of course screen all types of Games, from HDO to RPG's to Match 3 and Time Management. Perhaps a Panel for each one, and a Master Panel to follow through on them. All Volunteer of course. Like Beta Testing is.

Maybe it is a dumb idea, but something needs to be done.

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 7:36:44 AM PST

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 19, 11 7:40 AM
SueDee67 wrote:My question is, why does BF even offer such games? Perhaps a "Panel" of members could screen new games and prevent BF from making such mistakes again. I mean members of long standing and who are well known on the Forums.
Picked by Big Fish itself.

This Panel would of course screen all types of Games, from HDO to RPG's to Match 3 and Time Management. Perhaps a Panel for each one, and a Master Panel to follow through on them. All Volunteer of course. Like Beta Testing is.

Maybe it is a dumb idea, but something needs to be done.

And why should it be members only of longstanding and well known in the forums?

I also find it funny that some can make comments and not get zapped (censored) .

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 7:45:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Jul 19, 11 7:44 AM
I tried this game for about ten minutes, but had lost the will to live after about five. Absolute dross!

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 19, 11 8:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Following a review of this thread's current content, the moderation team would like to post a few reminders from our Forum rules:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish Games employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

This includes your interaction with other users but also extends to developers. It's fine to review a game negatively but please do so constructively.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

If you feel another user is out of bounds or breaking forum guidelines, please report the post and get in touch with a member of the moderation team.

Thank you and happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Jul 19, 11 8:03 AM
Hope BFG is reading these comments...I played for 15 minutes, only because slightly fascinated by how awful the game was. But 15 minutes was enough. I agree with the fishies who suggest BFG actually test this stuff to weed out the junk.
(on the other hand, Dreamland from earlier in the week, was fabulous!)

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 19, 11 8:15 AM
Hi Imby,

Try to follow the forum rules, but re: suggestions to
developers, my understanding is that BFG has
contracted to market already made HdO games,
so unless they plan to revamp them, don't see
what will be gained by suggesting improvements.

Respectfully,
Joyce

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jul 19, 11 8:21 AM
sunnyglow wrote:There are no words to describe this game except awful. This has to be the worst game in many moons. I am not going to trust Mudrock’s reviews again. The music made me want to stick pins in a voodoo doll of the creators. The beginning of the game you actually had to locate places on the map of Paris. OMG, get real! I had been warned by some who had written on Mudrock’s column how bad the game was, but of course, stupid me had to try it. It also keep freezing up. I really liked the trip in the metro station in Paris. You had to follow the signs to get to your location in Montmarte. Nothing but HOGS and it is also very short. Grade: F (told you that you guys would push it)

I was sitting here trying to figure out how I could ever describe this game while still being kind to the developers and you did it, sunnyglow. This is just awful. I'm truly impressed by people who said they lasted more than 5 minutes.

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 8:22:14 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 19, 11 8:22 AM
My two cents worth...I agree with bfg, this is a comment thread, not a bashing thread. Your opinion matters just as much as anyone else;s, but there is absolutely no reason to be mean and nasty about it. I read these to get an idea of how well, or not so well, a game is running and whether the game play is worth the price. Review the game, not each other.

One other note, if you don't like HOG games, don't play them and please, don't comment on how "awful" they are when you don't care for that type of game anyway. Why waste your time and energy? As far as a "clicking penalty," the idea of the game is to "look" for items, not click all over the screen until you happen to hit on something. What fun is there in that?

That said, I tried this once before and the constant moving of the background drove me nuts. Couldn't get into the game because of that, so won't purchase it this time either. Thanks for listening.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 19, 11 8:32 AM
Just an idea, cuz this is not new game and many of HdO released here already released on other sites before BFG! Maybe BFG stocked these HdO games and when they have no games in queue to be release they just pop HdO games out???

Didn't mean to disrespect you, just my idea!

[Post New]by agraci on Jul 19, 11 9:03 AM
Hi all, as someone who lives in a rural area and cannot d/l due to -blech, dial up, ugh- I rely heavily on the reviews of games. I do like vaampire themes, Vampire Saga, Dying for Daylight, Dracula, etc. But this game I'm on the fence about buying. I love games with more to do than JUST **** scenes. What other titles has this developer made? I really wish I could try the trial, but I can't tie up my phone all day. Can someone give me the pros and cons? And if it has any replay value? Thanks a million!

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Jul 19, 11 9:10 AM
Well that was a waste of 8 minutes.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 19, 11 9:14 AM
praireraven wrote:cme550 ;the same here I still have my 1 game credit. I have never
kept one this long.

Me too!!

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Jul 19, 11 9:16 AM
It's been such a long dry spell between good games! Any thoughts as to why? Does anybody know of anything good coming up in the future game-wise? I've been playing "Sparkle" for weeks now. I'm so sad.

frederic09
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by frederic09 on Jul 19, 11 9:28 AM
i wonder how that kind of game could exist. I couldn't play more than 1 minute.

My note : 0/20.

[Post New]by georgieandharry on Jul 19, 11 9:31 AM
I played the entire demo and made it to chapter 5 I think. I wasn't impressed at all but my biggest gripe is that in a few scenes the hidden objects didn't exist. One scene I had to pack a picnic basket and find among other things a fork and a glass of champagne. After searching for ages, I used two hints and where the little glowing circle was, there was nothing there. I clicked anyway and it showed I had 'found' the object but I couldn't see it. It was a tedious game and the story was weak.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 19, 11 9:33 AM
agraci wrote:Hi all, as someone who lives in a rural area and cannot d/l due to -blech, dial up, ugh- I rely heavily on the reviews of games. I do like vaampire themes, Vampire Saga, Dying for Daylight, Dracula, etc. But this game I'm on the fence about buying. I love games with more to do than JUST **** scenes. What other titles has this developer made? I really wish I could try the trial, but I can't tie up my phone all day. Can someone give me the pros and cons? And if it has any replay value? Thanks a million!

The games you have listed were all good games.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jul 19, 11 9:50 AM
Here are my thoughts on this terrible game: *^%@#$%^&&***(((*&^$%#$#@!#$%^^!!
these are my only printable words!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 19, 11 10:12 AM
If, as I've often heard, BFG has a contract with Hdo to market X number of their games, I can't imagine that the arrangement is very profitable for BFG.
I have never seen a Hdo game forum that had more positive than negative comments, so I surmise that they don't sell well. And for good reason. They are poor in graphic quality and playability and each game is basically a re-working of the same game. So what's the profit margin for BFG? Can't be much.
I'm sure it's a challenge to livew up to the promise of "A new game every day", so perhaps that's the reason BFG entered into this contract with Hdo.
Don't get me wrong; with the exception of the Hdo games I think BFG does provide quite a few good games a month. I also think their customer service is the best
For me, it has gotten so that after I download and start a game, if I see Hdo, I exit and delete it because I know it's not even going to be worth my time to play the demo.

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jul 19, 11 10:46 AM
I played this game for 9 minutes and deleted... like I know Paris like I know the train lines... like I care...

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 19, 11 10:53 AM
Hey bfgImbrium--Thanks for the reminder about forum etiquette rules (and please, I'm not being facetious). I'm confused about one of your points, though--how would someone constructively review a product, yet have a negative opinion, and not call unwanted attention to the developers? Is that attention unwanted BY the developers? In the case of this TGT, I believe that both BFG AND the developers have turned a deaf ear and a blind eye to any and all positive (albeit few)/negative (many) criticisms of this (and previous) games by these folks.

By far, most of 's offerings are THE best, but when a release like this one gets panned by so many gamers, I wish there wouldn't be quite such a defensive response. Could the developers be invited to participate in these forums, like some others have done recently? In other words, face the public?

Regards, elldee

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 10:57:28 AM PST

Go to: