Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

Re:Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Nov 20, 11 9:53 AM
Bored and annoyed after about 20 minutes of playing the demo.

Graphics: Nice scenery, but the faces were amateurish. The eyes, drawn with all the skill of a sixth-grader, bothered me everytime I had to look at them.
H0GS: I encountered 4 H0 scenes in the first 20 minutes. Too many for my taste.
Navigation: When I tried to go "south" (down on the screen) the screen displayed an error message (String Not Found) every time. Sometimes this happened going other directions also. Very annoying.
Music: Unremarkable
Dialogue and Voices: Stilted.
Gameplay: The most annoying thing is not being able to see your inventory when you need to.
Story: Sort of nice, except that Alexander did not love Roxane by all accounts.
THERE HAVE GOT TO BE BETTER GAMES OUT THERE>

No buy.

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Nov 26, 11 8:30 AM
I, too, am seeing that String Not Found error message. Sorry, guys, but that is a pure programming error. I'm appalled that it wasn't caught and fixed long before the program was released.

I bought this game on one of those "bargain specials" that pop up now and then. so didn't have a chance to try it before buying it. If I had, I certainly wouldn't have bought it. Oh, well, it's only $3.99 down the drain ...

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 29, 11 8:15 AM
I remember not being overly impressed with the demo, but I'm glad that I got this in the weekend sale. Things progressed past nicely past the very first part, and had an interesting story line. Good puzzles without having to go very far to find all the required parts. I quite enjoyed the game and the ending's implication that there might be be more to come. I'll certainly be interested if a sequel comes out in the future.

b2u4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by b2u4 on Nov 30, 11 9:29 AM
A lot of players really like this game. But for me - not so great. Does have great graphics, mini-games (which are the hardest or weirdest i've ever played) & voices are great. - But just too much moving around and having to move cursor around to see what is needed or where to go. I used the Hint so much this game & I hate to do that. And when you collect whatever you need to find - you don't don't what you've got - usually you can click on the item & it will tell you what it is. not here. PLUS, I checked the online help steps for the lion heads positions - the hardest to figure out. But didn't help me much, had to keep playing & clicking around to figure out.
And direction stated look very closely at the step area for the water fountain & bag for the dust. The only way I saw this was by using the Hint -which took me to it, after i had figured out the lion head positions. AND I never say the water fountain again! strange.
-- Game also ended rather differently. I did finish the game - only because i had bought it. This game could use a lot of revisions to make it a better game.

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Dec 6, 11 7:58 AM
interesting enough game (advanced mode) tho as some say graphics are retro. Demo did go quite fast (power of the crystal lol) and liked the game. Mostly push, open pick up objects and some mini puzzles. didnt like the pic hints of object to find or the almost dialogue-like hint (defeats the purpose of playing advanced mode) will buy but prob will wait for DD

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 7, 11 5:14 PM
OK, I GUESS I reached the end of the game....not sure since it ended so...abruptly. Maybe an continuation in the works? Anyway, I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one. Too many HOS and too many mini games...I was getting bored enough to just skip them although these games were not ones I had seen before in other adventures. The first of this series was a lot of fun because there were no HOS because you opened doors, drawers, moved boxes around etc to find objects and clues which was much more fun... more of an adventure.

All that aside, I did enjoy it, however had to take multiple breaks because the HOS were so blurry my eyes are about dead as well as as some items were really small and hidden. Hint refreshed quickly though and you could skip games and there didn't seem to be a click penalty which is good in my book any time.

Even though I don't like voice overs, these were not bad and it was fun watching the animated characters...LOL. Music was wierd though.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 3, 12 7:18 AM
I finally played this game I have had it forever.. What a good long SE game. This is one of the longest SE's I have played in a long long time. It was still long even tho I skipped several puzzles.

I would not have been a good enough player I defineatly needed the walkthrough.

Give this game a try. This is a real surprise game. The graphics were very clear and no teeny weeny objects. The graphic movement of the characters were not real smooth as in some more current games but sure glad I bought this game.

Happy gaming!!!

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Mar 5, 12 11:00 AM
I read the reviews before I purchased this game so I decided to give it a try. I do not like it at all. Just not my type of game. Sorry I wasted a credit for it. There just have not been enough good games coming out lately to my liking. I give it a big old thumbs down.

[Post New]by cmason63 on May 11, 12 3:03 PM
The game started pretty well, but for some reason, I got stuck somewhere in the 2nd level (I think that's what it was). It was in the big room with the guy in the clean room and the message from the guy on the projector screen. There was also the Dr. with the long scroll of paper. Thing is, as many times as I clicked on the vault-type door to go back outside, it wouldn't allow me to go out. So, I was stuck in there with no way get any other items. After trying to get out of there 2 or 3 times, I gave up and uninstalled the game. Not worth the hassle and time

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on May 27, 12 6:04 PM
I got about half way through the game, but for some reason I was pretty bored. I guess it just didn't grab me the way it has others.

For those of you who enjoy it, happy gaming!

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Sep 15, 12 7:13 AM
What a great game. Okay, the lion's head part was a bit of a challenge but still...great fun. I liked the music with just a touch of otherworldy atmosphere. No vampires!! Hooray!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Oct 19, 12 11:12 AM
Review based upon completion of the game.

Kate is at it again! This time you are looking for the necklace of Alexander the Great's wife, which is scattered into pieces. You will still have to open lots of crates, nooks and crannies.

The Good:

+ decent length, although some of the 8 chapters are quite short
+ graphics improved over Part 1
+ diverse minigames, replayable in the menu
+ interactive map, fast travel function

The Neutral:

o "String not found" message when tabbing out of a scene - the arrow still works though
o giant robot spider warning!
o not widescreen

The Bad:

- story a bit hit and miss, the ending left me kinda puzzled
- some hidden objects tiny and hidden

The Bottom Line: I can only say the usual thing for a sequel - if you liked the first you will not be disappointed by this one, especially since they really worked on the graphics this time. (Also, if you remember the story better than me you might not feel as lost as I am.)

Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by moifirgka on Apr 10, 14 1:04 AM
There are also a lot of coral beads.eozy.com

Go to: