crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 13, 11 10:00 AM
I'm glad I read the reviews that showed how many chapters there were. I, too, thought there were only three because of the strategy guide. I plan to wait for the SE because like others here, I found it annoying that the strategy guide kept defaulting to the home page. With other CEs I have played the strategy guide stayed on the page it was on when you last closed it.

When the SE comes out, it will be a buy for me!

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Aug 13, 11 10:21 AM
I just bought and finished the game. For anyone on the fence about buying the CE...don't. Wait for the SE. It was a beautiful game and fun but I feel ripped off because it was way too short for the price. I am not a fast player and it took me just 3.5 hours to play the whole game including the bonus on the hard level.

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 10:21:50 AM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 13, 11 12:06 PM
This game has great artwork and I liked the gameplay a lot. I was thrilled there were no sparkles or things flaming, shimmering, etc. THANK YOU DEVS! But it was quite easy and the music was very annoying so I turned it off (which I don't like to do). I thought the voice acting was horrid, especially the little girl and her mother. The voice was totally wrong for the crow man - he should have had a deeper, older voice because of the way he looked.

I do have a major complaint - overall I'm very tired of dark and dreary games (can you guys come up with anything new?!) yet I still buy and play them (since that's all that's offered). But I draw the line with plots this like where there is child abuse. I also draw the line with games that have human experimentation. Those two things cross over the line of appropriateness for me. I will not purchase any games in the future that cross those boundaries.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Aug 13, 11 12:12 PM
Just finished the demo, didn't keep track of how long it took.

As usual w/ ERS games it started out VERY sluggish so I turned off custom cursor and this time, that seemed to work. Amazingly. (because turning off custom cursor didn't stop the incredible lag and sluggish play, in most of their other recent offerings).

I liked this game quite a bit. I won't buy CEs anymore except under extreme circumstances and this is not one of those. Especially after reviews about it being somewhat short. But when it comes out as an SE, I will demo again and might buy. (Depending on whether I have credits left by then; I have cancelled my membership).

I like the crow guy's voice. Yes it's a tad 'young' but it's sexy lol. The little girl voice is AWFUL, grates on my ears like nails on chalkboard (because I don't think it's really a young girl doing the voice, I think it's a woman pretending to sound like a kid, which is really really awful!). But, at least the voiceovers are well done (reading) and you can speed it up.

Beautiful graphics as always. I play on Hard mode, very easy and intuitive but fun.

Mostly I"m just surprised I was actually able to play an ERS game w/out the insane lag. (Then again, if I end up buying the SE, you know that the moment I get into an area I didn't get into in the demo, I'll come across lag. You know it! But here's hoping...)

Tazania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Tazania on Aug 13, 11 3:47 PM
Love this game!!! Agree that some aspects are somewhat repetitive from other ERS Games however still lots of fun - would recommend to most.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Aug 13, 11 3:58 PM
The thread started on 8/11, so I am way behind the curve on this one.

As I've mentioned on other threads, I am a big fan of ERS games. I've played every iHOG they've published. I thought they turned the page with Queen of Spades, Amber Maiden and Grim Facade. Unfortunately, judging from the demo, this game is a giant step backwards.

Granted, this is a sequel to Curse of the Raven, which I kind of liked, but really only enjoyed the third episode. (Comment to developer...if you're going to give me the option to skip a puzzle, give me the option to skip an episode in an episodic adventure such as CotR.)

I've read comments about the gorgeous graphics. Yes, if this is the first ERS game you have played. Otherwise it is a step back from other recent releases. Ditto the music. Borrowing a few licks from the Puppetshow series and doing a remix with the original does not make this music inventive or original.

I will certainly buy the game. And, just as certainly as an SE. And, if I can wait until there is another $4.99 weekend special, I'll probably wait for that too.

It is a game worth getting, but nothing in the demo moved it to the top of my list.

To take a cue from other reviewers, I rate this game a B-. I rarely rate games an A unless they are extraordinarily good, which this game is not. And F is not foreign to my repertoire.

[Post New]by shawnagong on Aug 13, 11 5:34 PM
I am pretty disappointed, this game took me maybe 2.5 hours and I was under the impression the bonus content would be a little longer. I have no problem buying CE games but only if I feel like I am getting the bonus content that changes it up a bit. If I could go back in time I would definitely wait for the SE.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Aug 13, 11 8:13 PM
really good except segue from scene to scene is very slow and those hint bats are still here..lol

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Aug 13, 11 8:13 PM
really good except segue from scene to scene is very slow and those hint bats are still here..lol

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 13, 11 9:45 PM
just got the chance to sit down with this one tonight, and let me say...

there were places where i was flat out frustrated - the cut scenes dragged on forever and the voice-overs were horrible! i especially hated listening to the kid's mom whining about the warlock grabbing her kid and how i needed to find her so she could have peace... mind you, i'm all for saving the kids and getting them away from the evil warlock, but... i don't need to hear about it, ok? especially from someone who talks like a 45 put on at 33 1/3

and the catches between scenes... it just seemed like there was a huge lag between loads, but that could be because it also seemed like there was movie after movie... i got to where i would wait for the cursor to turn into a hand or magnifying glass before i started clicking and getting even more upset with it i mean, the reason i got a new computer is because i want a machine to think as fast as i do, and until that happens - i'll just have to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade

the graphics, as per norm, were awesome and the background music and sounds were fitting... which is why i left the sound on [and muted it when those "people" were talking]... but i got a little confused when the demo cut out... i got a "thanks for playing redemption cemetery: forgotten ancestry" apparently, someone forgot to change that part of the exit to buy... oh, and to direct the player to the proper game page... i got redirected to curse of the raven [which i own] and was a little confused at that also... i guess it's just been that kind of day!

well, for all of the excitement bubbling up inside when i sat down to play [loved the first one] i ended up disappointed and confused... there were only three 'victims' in the first, i was hoping for more this time... so SE it is - it's just too easy to warrant a SG, and i've read the bonus play is short, so... waiting on this one!

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Aug 14, 11 10:09 AM
I like how this game reminds me of the original Curse of the Raven. The music and the general atmosphere are spot on with original. A def buy for my collection but might go with SE version later.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Aug 14, 11 12:03 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome. I LOVE Redemption Cemetery games. Good storyline, even like the music. **** scenes are clear and not too hard, so you don't lose the track of what you need to do searching for a needle in a stack of needles. You can progress quite well without having too go back and forth too much, so it keeps your interest. One slight criticism - it is VERY slow to change between scenes which can be a bit annoying when you've gone the wrong way by mistake. But I will forgive this for the great game. Oh dea - another CE that I want when I've already got 5 punches on my card this month, so it will have to wait. But I will be having this game for sure!

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Aug 14, 11 3:00 PM
Disappointed in this game very easy finished in hard mode in under three hours. Bonus chapter not worth the money. I wish I had waited for the SE when I might have enjoyed it to pass a rainy couple of hours. From memory nowhere near as good as lst Redemption Cemetry.

[Post New]by laperlesatin on Aug 14, 11 3:06 PM
jjj13 wrote:Disappointed in this game very easy finished in hard mode in under three hours. Bonus chapter not worth the money. I wish I had waited for the SE when I might have enjoyed it to pass a rainy couple of hours. From memory nowhere near as good as lst Redemption Cemetry.

I found it childish & boring and regretted buying it. Nothing like the first Redemption C.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Aug 14, 11 4:32 PM
I loved this game. I agree with some that it could have been longer. Ideally there would have been one additional quest, but I always prefer quality over quantity, so will not complain. A game of this high quality deserves to be a CE. The development that went into it was obviously took time and thought. For that I thank the developers. One thing I did like was that we weren't required to run all over the map. Each section was self contained with a comfortable number of locations to explore. I did play in the advanced mode, and found it to be comfortable.

[Post New]by xiaojiemkuu on Aug 15, 11 7:45 PM
(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 08/16/2011 at 4:09:50 AM PST

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Aug 15, 11 9:45 PM
KelLew34 wrote:

AGREED!

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Aug 16, 11 4:08 AM

I have just finished this game and enjoyed it very much, well done BF and developers just my sort of game.

I do not mind the sparkles in fact I found in this game they wernt to prominant as I seemed to miss them, back tracked when I was lost and came across them.

10 out of 10 from me. loved it.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Aug 16, 11 10:49 AM
Poem123 wrote:I loved the Redemption Cemetery that was a recent CotW so will definitely get this one. Will wait for SE and buy without demoing as I know this will be even better.

Will wait for the SE too. Not sure how much bonus play is with the CE and it doesn't seem to be answered here.
Bessie Mae

[Post New]by xiaojiemkyuu on Aug 17, 11 5:40 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 9:27:44 AM PST

Go to: