Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by vmax005 on Aug 26, 11 1:53 PM
I'm having the same problem. I played it for about 2 days, got to the 3rd scenario, and it crashed. Now when I click to play it I get the black screen flash then nothing. Still doesn't work after rebooting. I deleted the game, cleared my files downloaded it again and now it doesn't even work from the beginning. I tried all the tech suggestions with no luck. I want a game credit to repace it. Obviously there's a problem with the game. P.S...no problems at all with the other games that I downloaded.

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by Artgoddess on Aug 27, 11 1:20 AM
Got as far as the tape scene,. Then when tried to fix the wires with the tape.l could not get it to work. So much for a great game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,658 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 27, 11 3:03 AM
Artgoddess wrote:Got as far as the tape scene,. Then when tried to fix the wires with the tape.l could not get it to work. So much for a great game.
I think you have to trim the wires first, then click on the two bits of the same colour (3 times) before you can use the tape.

[Post New]by sc020305 on Aug 28, 11 2:27 PM
I too have the problem with the final chapter. Solved all three games with the people in the lab and each time I click on them, dumps me and goes straight back to the game manager. Was satisfied with game up until this part. Please fix and send out steps to proceed and complete the game.
Thanks

Player999
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Really, Really dislike the new game manager. Also, this game WILL NOT

[Post New]by Player999 on Aug 28, 11 2:53 PM
play afterdownloading. Nothing happens. If I click on the play icon again, it says I already have the game running.

The new Game Manager is a mess. The last one was bad enough, now this one is like a 3 step process to get it to close. Very aggravating when you need to shut down your computer quickly. What's the point, of the new manager, what did it do for your customers. Was this ,"make work" for some programmer or department ? Or did somebody have to justify their existence? A little less spending on redundant, unnecessary work.

Edited on 08/28/2011 at 2:54:59 PM PST

n_7441
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by n_7441 on Aug 28, 11 4:55 PM
I am having the same trouble most are having. I enjoyed the game and now I am almost done. I want the card from Sara the eye comes and I hit the eye and I am in game manager. It reloads great but send me back to game manager everytime. I want to finish the game.???????

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Aug 29, 11 10:22 AM
I have puchased this game and sometimes (with mutiple download/uninstall sets) I can get it to work! But, if I close the game, I have to ---click play..nothing happens--click play again..get "game running" message--click uninstall.."game running" message--shut down & reboot..uninstall game: reinstall. Repeat 4-5 times & game might work, until I close it again, and I have to start it all over! Please fix this!

nargy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by nargy on Aug 29, 11 10:45 AM
sc020305 wrote:I too have the problem with the final chapter. Solved all three games with the people in the lab and each time I click on them, dumps me and goes straight back to the game manager. Was satisfied with game up until this part. Please fix and send out steps to proceed and complete the game.
Thanks

Having the same problem. This is really irritating.

[Post New]by lilyboo2u on Sep 1, 11 10:12 PM
I am stuck at the well, when I dip the bucket for water, nothing happens..and it's supposed to be used for that purpose per hint... cannot go forward, wondering if its a technical/software problem??

[Post New]by Maric771 on Sep 3, 11 9:11 PM
I'm having the same problem!!!

Re ost any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

by sc020305 on Aug 28, 11 2:27 PM
I too have the problem with the final chapter. Solved all three games with the people in the lab and each time I click on them, dumps me and goes straight back to the game manager. Was satisfied with game up until this part. Please fix and send out steps to proceed and complete the game.
Thanks

[Post New]by glamourize on Sep 5, 11 9:36 AM
Artgoddess wrote:Got as far as the tape scene,. Then when tried to fix the wires with the tape.l could not get it to work. So much for a great game.

I'm having the same problem. It keeps saying that the tape won't work here. Does anyone have a solution? I also tried to start this game this morning and was told that another game was running and had to restart my computer.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,658 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 5, 11 9:55 AM
glamourize wrote:

I'm having the same problem. It keeps saying that the tape won't work here. Does anyone have a solution? I also tried to start this game this morning and was told that another game was running and had to restart my computer.
Have you joined the two wires of the same colour together first?

[Post New]by TheGRIP on Sep 10, 11 8:11 AM
I got all the way to the end of the game In the room with three people in test tubes.
Every time I click on the people the game crashes. What a joy this is .

Edited on 09/10/2011 at 8:13:23 AM PST

[Post New]by TheGRIP on Sep 10, 11 8:14 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
glamourize wrote:

Have you joined the two wires of the same colour together first?

[Post New]by TheGRIP on Sep 10, 11 8:17 AM
Put the tape down. Use your hand tickle the wire ends of the same color wire they should join.After you join all wires to the right colors than break out the tape to cover them.I hope I helped you.

[Post New]by shellbob63 on Sep 11, 11 12:55 PM
Maric771 wrote:I'm having the same problem!!!

Re ost any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

by sc020305 on Aug 28, 11 2:27 PM
Thanks

I too am having the same problem, I would like to finish this game. Is there a fix yet???????????

[Post New]by ElkhoundMom on Sep 22, 11 3:10 PM
Similar problem. Can't even get into the game to try it out. Everything in my system is up to date. Six pages of comments on this, is there no fix yet?

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
792 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Sep 23, 11 8:30 PM
The new release on Sept 13 was supposed to fix the glitch in the final chapter, but not the glitch with the Flower of Life. If you've got the Sept 13 release (it didn't show up in Game Manager as an update; you have to go get it) and you still have problems with the final chapter can't be finished, contact Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to your right.

[Post New]by gamebaby47 on Sep 25, 11 11:13 PM
I bought this game over a month ago but I didn't play it then. Now that I want to play it, I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I try to play it goes black and then I get the gm and thank you for playing. I had no problem downloading and I didn't have a problem with the trial.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 27, 11 10:47 AM
presently i have installed/uninstalled this game over 4x and even with the 'new version' still will not run. it d/l just fine then i get a one square pixel rainbow color and when its time to check in to 'who are u?' the game goes back to GM?...the trail was fine with the exception of a 'crazy cursor' but have been waiting for the SE for a while and am so dissappointed.
i do not think anyone is concerned about fixing as many are still having problems and probably not a high enough percent to really bother at this time or ????
i have a new puter and am not chancing it being damaged on a 'defunck' game...i cleared out my cookies, cleared out data apps, went to 'c' drive and my files to check if something was stuck in these areas that were causing this problem...did not find anything concerning this game and well being a new puter there was not much to clear up!
have in the past had same problems on some games, notified C/S and followed all the recommendtions....well not much else to do...guess the 'new version' fix is not a 'real fix' on this mess!
problem i purchased duing a sale and this was the first chance i had to really go in and play...AM VERY VERY FLUSTRATED...and now, well it mine i guess could go get a 'credit' but really wanted to follow the 'series', luved 'amelia' game....so i rate this one ...

Go to: