Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Aug 27, 11 8:10 AM
Finished game and am playing Bonus play. At the juncture where Emily should appear on the screen and then one final **** before the end... no Emily, no **** the hidden object abbreviation is being starred out for some reason?

Edited on 08/27/2011 at 8:11:43 AM PST

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by kairifoster on Aug 28, 11 4:21 PM
janspack wrote:
crazy8club wrote:probably best to go back to full screen. try that and see if it works.

That's the problem, we can't go back to full screen as only the very far right part of the main menu screen is showing! It's a real pain.

This is exactly what's happening to me. It was fine until I tried widescreen, now I can't readjust the settings because the options menu is in the blacked-out area. I even tried to uninstall both the Game Manager and the game, but something is still holding the settings. If anyone knows where the individual game settings are stored, please post, because if we erase these we can reset the game.

[Post New]by kairifoster on Aug 28, 11 5:12 PM
For all who have the issue where most of the screen is blacked out, I found an answer for my PC anyway. All I had to do was update my display driver. It was fine afterwards, and I was able to switch back to full or widescreen with no more problems. Good luck to all!

mplskate
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by mplskate on Aug 28, 11 8:53 PM
Anyone else having a problem getting the tuning peg to interact with the lock on the violin shop door? I've tried putting it just about everywhere but no go. There's no skip button here either because it's not a game. Arrgh.

[Post New]by Freedomlover08 on Aug 29, 11 6:26 PM
The key that is under the sleeping dog disappears. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and logged on as another player, starting all over and it happened each time. I am stuck and can go no further. Disappointed.

jk_jk
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jk_jk on Sep 1, 11 5:24 PM
I've completed the mini game and received the drill bit. The bolts are not visible but I've assembled the drill - I cannot collect the econ coil. Is this a bug in the game? The strategy guide indicates I should see the bolts at this point.

[Post New]by LORIE24 on Sep 3, 11 6:18 PM
I'm having the same problem as janspack. I tried updating my driver for graphics and have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times now. Still just a 2" space of the game on the left hand side of screen. The rest is black except for the game cursor. I have been working on this for 3 days now. Please help! My screen resolution is 1366X768, btw.

[Post New]by blondiebel on Sep 9, 11 10:39 PM
Game was running fine - fast, no probelms -- then when I got to the boat with cannons -- it crashed my computer. TWICE. I am no longer playing until Big Fish fixes this very serious issue. My computer has all the fastest, latest updates -- THE PROBLEM IS IN THE GAME. IT CRASHES THE COMPUTER. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by teller1 on Sep 11, 11 12:31 PM
Christo20 wrote:Lost my key to the old antique chest, the key i got from the critter i trapped with the raisons. I had the key and clicked on the old chest before zooming in and the key just vanished and is now gone. I am not looking forward to starting over. is there some code i can put in console for the key, the game is great just weird that it just vanished. Please Help!

Same thing happened to me. Did you find a way to continue?

[Post New]by Francesca13 on Sep 13, 11 6:03 PM
Big trouble with the charged drill towards the end of the Beware of the Undertow chapter. If you connect it the wrong way, the bolts will not appear.

I'd like to get a refund on the game OR a update to fix this problem. I do not care to go back thru three chapters to connect the drill in a specific order. That is silly.

Can you all get a fix out for this soon? Other than that, enjoying the game very much.

[Post New]by LORIE24 on Sep 14, 11 2:31 PM
I HAVE THE FIX FOR THOSE OF US THAT CLICKED ON WIDESCREEN AND ONLY HAVE A 2" STRIP DOWN THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN NOW. YOU CAN NEVER CLICK ON WIDESCREEN FOR THIS GAME AGAIN. HERE IS THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM BIG FISH: HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 09/14/2011 at 4:15:08 PM PST

[Post New]by arcadiarose on Sep 21, 11 6:02 PM
On the bonus gameplay, my game glitched as I clicked the last related pair in the vault. It started to remove the line "1 related pair left" but stopped. I cannot perform the next action and hint is not working. I was able to access the strategy guide, and I did indeed find all the pairs. I can move out of the vault and perform other actions, but I cannot do anything while inside the vault. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but that did not fix the issue.

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 6:03:04 PM PST

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Sep 24, 11 12:34 PM
I have a problem that no-one else has mentioned (so maybe it's just me.....?) - demo played fine, but having bought the game, nearly every object that I pick up gives me an instant black screen & takes me back to the GM, so I have to reload. Fortunately the game picks up where it chucked me out & I don't have to start from the beginning, but I'm not a happy bunny!

Anyone got any suggestions, please, before I ask the techies?

[Post New]by redstarultras on Sep 28, 11 5:41 AM
PLEASE HELP ME ! In the second chapter, where I have to remove the screws from the grate on the bottom of the stairs with the screwdriver, it's just doesn't work. The grate is unclickable, and I've searched everywhere on the internet for the solution. And they all say the same thing, but it doesn't work. I am getting really frustrated. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

[Post New]by aeryll on Sep 30, 11 9:58 PM
redstarultras wrote:PLEASE HELP ME ! In the second chapter, where I have to remove the screws from the grate on the bottom of the stairs with the screwdriver, it's just doesn't work. The grate is unclickable, and I've searched everywhere on the internet for the solution. And they all say the same thing, but it doesn't work. I am getting really frustrated. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem, can't zoom on the grate

[Post New]by Neetjean on Oct 1, 11 10:08 AM
I Have the same issue and did exactly what you did. Have you found out anything yet?

Christo20 wrote:Lost my key to the old antique chest, the key i got from the critter i trapped with the raisons. I had the key and clicked on the old chest before zooming in and the key just vanished and is now gone. I am not looking forward to starting over. is there some code i can put in console for the key, the game is great just weird that it just vanished. Please Help!

[Post New]by beevon on Oct 1, 11 12:42 PM
The game freezes at the diver's helmet. i have tried deleting and downloading again (& again) but the same thing happens

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Oct 22, 11 3:26 PM
When I try to play the demo.... all I get is a BIg Fish flashing icon. I have uninstalled and reinstalled... still the same propblem.

Larkin1212
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Larkin1212 on Nov 13, 11 1:41 PM
beevon wrote:The game freezes at the diver's helmet. i have tried deleting and downloading again (& again) but the same thing happens

I cannot get the dial to turn on the diver's helmet. Any solutions?

TaxiMommi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by TaxiMommi on Apr 13, 12 3:21 PM
For some reason before I installed and reinstalled the game twice, it kept saying the game trial was over. Then on the third download it took and I got to play the game. When I went to use one of the accumulated items to see if it would do anything in the scene, the cursor became that item (the flashlight) and wouldn't let me put it down. I ended up exiting off my MAC as it was the only way to end the game. What's going on here>
Thanks

Edited on 04/13/2012 at 3:21:40 PM PST

Go to: