Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Reviews for Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Aug 27, 11 6:34 PM
I totally love the first two games in this series. I downloaded the trial today, played the whole hour, and bought it as soon as the hour was up. I just finished downloading the CE and haven't gone back to it yet - so this is just my impression after playing for one hour.

I miss the beautiful forest and garden scenery from the first two Awakenings games. This one is in a different setting. But the artwork is not at all disappointing. It's very interesting to look at, and the style is the same. With some improvements even! One word, a very mild spoiler - the turtle. How they do that?! There are some wonderfully captivating works of art here.

Gameplay so far is right at my level. I've only had to ask Owl for a hint on one of the puzzles. Most of them are easy enough to figure out without being too easy (for me). There are several different kinds of puzzles, enough that if they repeat the same kind later on in the game I probably won't mind.

Characters - the Pocket Dragon. What can I say? It purrs! I might be lured into any game that had a Pocket Dragon in it.

There's not much story development in the first hour. The first two Awakenings games have such a lovely coming-of-age type story line going, I hope to see that brought to some kind of satisfactory conclusion here. Looking forward to playing it through to find out.

Impression so far:

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 27, 11 7:20 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
And I wonder, if the Prologue is the extra gameplay, how the SE will finish.
PS. The Pocket Dragon was discreetly popped into my own pocket before I finished that game and is now curled up safely next to me as I type.
The Owl? Well it does belong to Athena and has returned to her safely.
Cheers

If you look under the Cutscenes in the Bonus Features, you will find another cutscene which is the end of the SE game. For CE, i think it just skipped this one out and then continue on the Bonus Chapter.

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Aug 27, 11 11:55 PM
Just finished Chapter 3. I love this game! It's colorful, it's magical, it's fun. Delightful!

So far I only had to skip one puzzle. It's easy enough to skip and there's no penalty.

There are only 2 more chapters? Drat. And this is the last game of the series? Drat! I really like this game. I hope they will make more like it, maybe starting another story line using the same artists, the same style. This game - like the other two in the series - is a keeper. I can already tell that the replay value is going to be excellent.

Re:Review for Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by funandgames3 on Aug 28, 11 8:38 AM
Robilyn wrote:I am not impressed. There are way to many puzzles, and not enough HOG for my taste. I also think the graphics are grainy. After playing Sonia, and seeing those beautiful graphics, this game just does not compare. I don't think it is worth $13.99. I sure hope this is a 2 CE week.

Re:Review for Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by funandgames3 on Aug 28, 11 8:40 AM
funandgames3 wrote:
Robilyn wrote:I am not impressed. There are way to many puzzles, and not enough HOG for my taste. I also think the graphics are grainy. After playing Sonia, and seeing those beautiful graphics, this game just does not compare. I don't think it is worth $13.99. I sure hope this is a 2 CE week.

oops More puzzles and less hidden object sounds good to my poor old eyes. I do not like those lazy hidden object games.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Aug 28, 11 8:48 AM
This game is definitely on my "To Buy List."

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Aug 28, 11 12:13 PM
Very nice game,I enjoyed this one as much as the other "Awakening" games. Graphics were sharp and very clear,not to many hogs, and that's a nice twist. I would give this game 4 1/2 s outta 5. Great job BZ and thanks to BFG

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Aug 28, 11 1:28 PM
Just finished the bonus chapter. My total game time including the Epilogue was just over 6 hours. I will be playing it through again more than once to see the artwork (especially Chapter 3 ) and some of the puzzles.

A couple of puzzles near the end had me stymied - especially the one where you turn a series of knobs in proper sequence to reconstruct an image. So many variables! My poor old brain can't figure those things out. But I bet those puzzles make for excellent gameplay for sharper minds.

I only had to refer to the SG in the Epilogue, mostly because I got lost. Yeah well.

I recommend the CE for anyone who enjoys this game because it extends the story and provides more puzzles and a nice final chapter. To this episode. There could be more to this story. Maybe there will be more? Please? We don't get many games of this quality that are not dark and creepy. More would be good.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Aug 28, 11 3:24 PM
Fun game. Lots of fun mini games. $14.00? I think not.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Aug 28, 11 3:25 PM
Fun game. Lots of fun mini games. $14.00? I think not.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 28, 11 11:40 PM
I thought that after playing the demo that I would love this game but I did not.

I don't hate it but, there are just too many things that I did not like about it.
First of all, the graphics are grainy. They are very pretty though.

I do not like so many puzzles. Some of them are in oriental writing and I only know English. A lot of the puzzles were redundant. Some were varying degrees of hardness and easiness which is a good thing, I think. Some of the puzzles I did not understand. They all had directions but I just was not able to get it. Maybe I am not too smart. I dunno

I think at time it did not follow a story line logically. I play and buy almost of these HOG that come out and, to me, I felt like I was going around in circles.

I might finish the game at a later time. I have a lot of game that I need to finish that I enjoyed more than this one and keep it when there is a lull in HOGs and I am looking for a game to play.

Anyway just not one of my favorites

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Aug 29, 11 12:48 AM
The writing was in Goblinese - you *are* in the Goblin Kingdom, after all

All in all I ran just under 6 hours. And having read about the SE cutscene, I'll go back and watch that! I liked the Epilogue quite a bit - it added many things to do.

I seldom buy CEs (except for the sale this weekend - I upgraded several of my games). However, I am really glad I bough the CE of this straight away

Boomzap folks, please do make a 4th in the series! I want to know what happens once she's back with humans!!

The Goblin Kingdom Such a disappointment !!!

[Post New]by notyes on Aug 29, 11 7:32 AM
i was waiting impatiently for the third game in the awakenings series -Awakening :the goblin kingdom and it was Such a disappointment !!! "awakening moonfell wood" and "dreamless castle" the first games in this series were breathtaking, the Scenery and graphics were stunning, glittering like a real fantasy story ,the music was beautiful , the story -line and mini-games were so accurate and fun to follow and play .in this game" the goblin kingdom" it seems like the artists were not having fun at all design this game, the design and story line looked like a leftover meal , AN UNSALTED MIXTURE FROM DIFFERENT GAMES,SO UNIMAGINATIVE AND FLATTENED , ALSO I HAD TO SKIP MOST OF THE PUZZLES/ MINI-GAMES BECAUSE THEY WERE SO TEDIOUS.

[Post New]by shel12528 on Aug 30, 11 4:50 PM
i think its a great game a little harder than the first two. graphics are stunning . took me a while to finish the game but its a buy for sure. ty bf

nan69
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by nan69 on Aug 31, 11 7:56 AM
I have just finished playing Awakening - The Goblin Kingdom - It's great - the best of the three games. I didn't even bother with the trial I just bought the game outright. This is one series I shall definitely play again. It's everything I enjoy!
A big "A" for all the sections in the review. It was GREAT,GREAT,GREAT!
I was wondering if there was another chapter - at the end it sort of hinted. Can anyone let me know please.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 31, 11 3:11 PM
I finished this game a couple of days ago and liked the first two better. I would have preferred more story and a lot fewer puzzles. Loved the dragon and owl......the best part of the game IMHO.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 1, 11 7:19 AM
I palyed the first two of the series, and at this time I need something different, but I keep it in my buy list, the demo it's very nice and cleaver, a magic sequel worth to play!!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Sep 1, 11 9:24 PM
Awesome game as usual. A dragon (that purrs) AND a unicorn my 2 faves...faint!

Took me 12 hours with no skips. Challenging puzzles, including some of my favourites, very few HOG scenes and I didn't have to turn off the music.
Couldn't ask for more.

Thanks for all the hard work developers and to you .

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 1, 11 11:24 PM
For all the little fishies inquiring minds. It took me exactly 7 hours, 17 minutes and 51 seconds to play this game. I finished it at exactly 2:15 an Friday September 2nd. Man am I ever beat.

This game was awesome and kept you intrigued. It more or less got you hook, line and sinker. Once you started you couldn't stop. Not good when you get only a total of 2 hours sleep. Puzzles were tough on some. Loved the little dragon. I need him for this winter. 10+ rating with a big

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 2, 11 10:54 AM
I absolutely loved this game! In my opinion, it was definitely the best of the three. It had everything going for it - gorgeous graphics, great adventure elements, an excellent variety of puzzles and tasks and a nice background story. Another wonderful plus - it was in true widescreen format - where the graphics were in proportion - not stretched and distorted like so many other games when in widescreen mode. The game was a good long length as well, but you were never bored - there was a lot to do.

The CE edition was great as well with a good bonus game, although I thought the artwork in the bonus was not as lovely as the rest of the game, it seemed rough and more like concept art. The beautiful wallpapers were available at the beginning of the game when they should be - so you can enjoy them while you are playing the game. Also, there were a variety of achievements - lots of fun - and not that easy to earn, so there is good replay value. I even re-watched the cut scenes, they were so well done and beautiful.

Overall, it had everything a CE should have - one of the best!

Go to: