Re:Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess III

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Oct 4, 11 12:22 AM
I agree. Where is the Mac version -- of this, Roads to Rome III and Build A Lot on Vacation. The PCers get three TM's and we are stuck with the same old HOG and kids games.

chevyqueen
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

[Post New]by chevyqueen on Oct 7, 11 2:32 PM
I was truly loving this game. So much better than the second one. However, I got to level 5-8 which is a ghost busting mjini-game and I cannot beat it. I went ahead and finished the game but, the fun was gone for me. True for the most part the mini-games are easier in this version of the game. I have to ask though, if the mini-games are not very enjoyable for a lot of people, why incorporate them? Wouldn't it be better to make more changes in the game itself without totally going down a different scheme plan for the game. i.e I loved the cakemania games until they became totally different from the original. If the next My Kingdom for the Princess comes out and it has those repugnant mini-games in it, I will not be purchasing the game. I am not writing this as a bashing of the game. I love these games! I just dislike those darn mini-games.

\

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Oct 13, 11 12:04 AM
I've played all the games in this series and I liked the second one the best. The third game is basically a simpler version of the second game. While this is welcome in terms of less frantic clicking for the mini-game levels in which you get attacked by a horde of creatures, I did find myself missing the challenge of the "regular" levels in MKftP 2 which required some strategy. I got the expert time on all of the levels on the first try.

I liked the addition of having to shoot the dragon with the crossbow in the mini-game at the end of each episode. It had that old Midway 1942 feel to it, like you're fighting the big boss. The catapult mini-game at the very end was also quite fun.

Getting to watch the castle built up one section at a time was satisfying for me in the first two games, but the artwork for the castle in this game didn't appeal to me that much. And I missed the transparent image of the fully completed castle that would fade in and out from the first two games. I also missed having a world map that showed your progress through the game. The level artwork was slightly improved, though, and I did like the assembly of the artifacts.

This is still a pretty good game overall, definitely better than the first in the series, and it has some aspects that are better than the second, but I still think the second is better.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Oct 28, 11 8:37 AM
Loved the game. There should be a "skip" on the bashing, because many of us who love these games cannot click fast for health reasons (if I had the reflexes of a 20 year old I'd probably be playing Halo or some such) but I love this game. It really is one of the best of the "strategy building" series. I like the new "traveling" challenge - wouldn't like too much of it but it's a nice break. Graphics are bright, game is easy on the eyes, but the challenge is in the puzzle - just right for me! Thank you, developers!

Cacee5
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Cacee5 on Nov 7, 11 9:26 PM
Love all versions of this game!!!!! Can't wait till they come out with 4. I have played so many times I am played out! Keep them coming!

Adulichka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Adulichka on Dec 28, 11 9:36 AM
Have the MKftP (My Kingdom for the Princess) game. Just played MKftP2 & MKftP3 games demo. Will buy them later.

Now about the the MKftP3 game.

I like the new story.

I like graphics and sounds and music.

However, there are 2 things that bothered me.

"Replay" and "Continue" buttons moved their places from MKftP2. In MKftP2 the "Continue" button was the 2nd one & in MKftP3 it's the 1st one. Used to play MKftP2, I kept hitting "Replay" instead of "Continue" in MKftP3.

I don't like that the Bonus Bar moved from down to the right. I used to down Bonus Bar in MKftP 1 & 2 games. + It's easier to play and follow the Bonus Bar when it's down.

Thank You.
Adila

Cacee5
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Cacee5 on Jan 15, 12 11:17 AM
Any news on when or if the developers with create a "My Kingdom for the Princess 4"? Play one, two and three over and over as new players. Don't ever get tired of these games. Other strategy games can't compete.

[Post New]by croush12 on Apr 11, 12 1:06 PM
I love this game and can't wait for version 4. Has anyone managed to beat the developer's score on all the non-bashing levels? I have on all but 5, but can't seem to do it on those 5 no matter how many times I try!

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Jul 2, 12 9:36 PM
Like zuludawn I to have severe arthritus and cannot move quickly with the wolf bashing. the rest I can manage. I am doing the demo and just cannot get past the wolf bashing part. I really enjoy these games but for that reason and that reason alone this is a no buy.
Developers please listen to the players

[Post New]by sileyvowels on Oct 22, 12 6:47 AM
im stuck on level3 .5 can any one help me chris

lavifa
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by lavifa on Jul 21, 14 9:49 PM
done all levesl but been stuck for eons on level 2:10
please help!!!!!