Re:Welcome to Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies forum

[Post New]by mamieanne on Mar 15, 09 10:00 AM
I agree with much that was said before particularly the length of the game. I enjoyed what was there but was very disappointed when it just finished. Prefer brain-teasers in between like Azada 2 etc. I feel cheated I'm afraid. Never mind.

[Post New]by wrigleyp on Mar 17, 09 7:01 AM
denisabagiu wrote:I have a problem, there is no big hummer in my inventory in Clairvoyant Room, I am not joking, Am I crazy or that? I took it from the previous room but it doesnt stay in the inventory when I pass the lever? That's wrong????

[Post New]by donnag3 on Mar 19, 09 2:02 PM
This game was a waste of time. i couldn't believe how fast i finished it, was looking for more. sorry i wasted a game credit

Mks1l
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mks1l on Mar 22, 09 12:15 PM
"Believe the Lies" is correct. I believed the lie that because the name was the same, the game would be as interesting, challenging and different as the original. No way The story line was dismal. The objects were always the same, so it was totally easy. You never get to see what the "clues" are so there is no interaction. The mini-games were trite. And of course, there was no ending - "to be continued". This is so totally not worth your money unless you are new to hidden object games.
Why doesn't Big Fish post reviews in a separate area like Shockwave does? That way you could pick and choose what level of game you want to buy.

bosotnkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bosotnkat on Mar 22, 09 9:17 PM
Waste of money finished this in one hour. So sorry I purchasede this game.
Bostonkat

[Post New]by sandynbert on Mar 30, 09 8:58 AM
loumottershead wrote:
bbcajunw wrote:im having a problem. my key card will not open the door

Where's the key card, I've got nothing in my inventory, cannot go any further

I'm having the same problem.. How do you get the card key since there is nothing in the inventory.

Evertything in inventory is gone.

[Post New]by Rochelle9 on Mar 31, 09 3:17 PM
Trial expired after I fixed the car. Purchased the game and game took me back to fixing the car with nothing in the inventory. How do I move on? Please help.

[Post New]by craftyJac on Apr 3, 09 9:26 AM
Well do I feel conned or what!! played this game for an hour free and rather liked it so bought it with a credit - finished it 30 minutes later! very very disappointed - I want my money back - the story was strange too - maybe it's me but it made absolutely no sense whatsoever

[Post New]by ginbud on Apr 11, 09 9:36 PM
buea wrote:can't get past the circle of color gems even if the are in the correct places.

Welcome to Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies forum

[Post New]by czlehmann on Jun 10, 09 5:18 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I just wanted to say I was so disappointed after I finished the trial hour it looked to be ok so I bought it. BIG MISTAKE. I FINISHED IN ABOUT 45 MINUTES AFTER BUYING IT. THERE SHOULD BE SOME TYPE OR RETURN OR EXCHANGE POLICY WHEN A GAME SUCKS SO MUCH.
Tracy Lehmann

[Post New]by arkcitylady2 on Jul 16, 09 2:55 PM
I was disappointed with game because it was short lived.
Some of the items were very small and you had to guess at what they were.
Puzzles were easy, and I liked that because I don't like wasting my time on them, I would rather find objects and get on with the game.

Next time I will read the forum before purchasing a game.

[Post New]by ummbug on Jul 22, 09 9:51 AM
gingergal wrote:too many bugs.

Couldn't get the keypad (didn't come up in things to get) so had to restart the game (2nd time it worked). then the hints wouldn't work in every level if you click all 5 in a row (waiting for the previous one to show you what to get) for 5 items the last 1 or 2 hints just disappear without showing anything.
Also can't press space bar to speed up dialogue storyline.

They may have fixed some of the bugs (?) but a bit late, I downloaded the demo so am not paying the money to see if they have or not, they lost me!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 7, 10 11:03 AM
I read through some of the comments on this game before I downloaded it to demo, and was unsure of what I'd find.

I like it It's pretty much a straightforward HOG with do-able mini-games between each scene.

You get five hints for each scene, but save them, you'll need them. Items are hidden in plain sight, but can still be hard to find, because you expect to see them there, and pass right by them. Try to save at least one hint for the mini-game afterwards, for sometimes it's not immediately apparent what the game wants from you.

I found the game challenging without being too hard, nice graphics, fine story... At $2.99, I bought it 30 minutes into the game. I think anyone who likes HOGs will enjoy this game - just don't expect it to be like Mystery Case Files! That's a standard that's hard to beat!

geroge1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by geroge1 on Feb 7, 10 3:14 PM
just got this game and i can't even start. after i ht play i'm facing a door . i hit all the sparkly stuff and nothing. can u helo?

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 7, 10 3:22 PM
When you first enter the game you're at a reception desk. Did you do this area?

[Post New]by Yorkieldy1 on Feb 7, 10 8:37 PM
I just started the game & only see an engine with problems. I used up 2 hints that both told me to get the parts from my inventory? I don't have an inventory as I just started & I've clicked on everything & can't find one. I've restarted several times & keep starting in the same place!!! Help

[Post New]by Yorkieldy1 on Feb 7, 10 8:39 PM
I didn't even get inside the hotel! I got out of the car facing the door hit play & the car engine was there???

cathmaree
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathmaree on Feb 7, 10 10:49 PM
I THOUGHT "HOW BAD CAN IT BE FOR $2.99" Well, it is very very bad and not worth a nickle. Don't get it. Shame on you people who made this, it was obviously made to make a quick and easy buck. Shame, shame.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
620 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 7, 10 11:32 PM
I enjoyed the game. The story wasn't much, definitely needed fleshing out. I was able to find all the items, usually using some hints. I was glad that I wrote down the suggestions for the jeweled puzzle and the puzzle piece before I played. That saved a lot of frustration for me. I was glad that the puzzles were easy - there are too many times that I just skip them because I just don't see how to solve them. Sometimes I can see how to solve them but I know that it will take me a long time to do them. The jeweled puzzle was definitely the most difficult one but I was able to do it. I especially liked how after putting the photo together that it turned into the next hidden object scene. I had no trouble with the hint system. I thought it was extremely generous. I had no technical difficulties. The game took me 3-4 hours, but I wasn't trying to rush. Again, it was enjoyable.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,941 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 4, 10 1:29 PM
Hi Folks

Even with the positive(?) reviews, it sounds like a game that I'm going to pass on -- even at the DD price.

Thanks for your reviews.

MEnr56

Go to: