Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 22, 11 12:47 PM
This is the only game that doesn't work for me. The new CE from this morning works fine. It's this game that is the problem, not my computer.

Re: Beauty and the Beast - McAfee Fix Worked!!

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on Sep 22, 11 10:37 PM
Hurray! I had to create a new profile, but was able to play the hour trial after the McAfee update. This game is now on my buy-soon list.

Thanks Big Fish and McAfee for the work...

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by maryloubutler on Sep 22, 11 11:28 PM
Same as everyone else took forever to download and now wont let me play I have had problems with several games since the new game manager. i want the old one back with it i never had a game not work now i have had problems with several

[Post New]by salpolestick39 on Sep 23, 11 3:33 AM
i got windows essentails on my computer and it working for me now and i have not got mcaffee on my computer again because it still playing up. so l came out the game manager and running a scan and reopen the game manager and it down load it for me .

[Post New]by ANNE228 on Sep 23, 11 9:12 AM
grammyapples wrote:Having same problem with this game as I had yesterday with Urban Legends!
When I click Play I get a black screen for a second and then it goes back to Game Manager.
Has Urban Legends been fixed? Does anyone know?
Guess we can not take advantage of the great weekend deal.
Have a great day Everyone.
Glad I'm not the only one same problem as the the Urban Legends help !!!!!

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Sep 24, 11 10:05 AM
If you are running McAfee and got the new up date, try putting in a new profile name and the playing the game, this worked for me. It would not play with my old profile name.

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by eirini51 on Sep 24, 11 11:05 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 24, 11 2:55 PM
memaw7 wrote:If you are running McAfee and got the new up date, try putting in a new profile name and the playing the game, this worked for me. It would not play with my old profile name.
If only I could get that far! It won't download at all. It just sits there and says waiting to download. Tried tech support but they weren't able to help me either. I am so frustrated!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 2, 11 12:42 AM
Purchased the game and all was well until getting into the extra's. The storyline will not scroll. I was advised by another fishie that just scroll the cursor and the story would appear. Not working.

Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by penhar on Oct 2, 11 6:38 PM
This looks like a beautiful game but I can't play it. I can't see the mouse cursor except around the edges of the screen. It's a Windows Vista PC with 4GB RAM. Any ideas? Thanks.

hilariam
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by hilariam on Oct 26, 11 8:51 AM
Loved the game story line, and especially the music. Enjoyed the extras as well.
What frustrated me throughout the demo as well as the purchased CE is the extremely lengthy transition between the scenes. This delay caused me to have to play longer instead of a shorter game completion time.
The length of time between the scene transitions would have in a game of lesser quality would have been a no brainer for me to not purchase the game.
My OS is Windows Vista 32, Intel Pentium 4 with 2.8 cpu and 2gb ram.

[Post New]by Mini_Golf_Kid on Nov 4, 11 1:20 PM
Heh, is the CE for Mac really for 10.5 and up? I have played a game with system requirements for 10.5 before and haven't had any problems, but this game won't even start. I've uninstalled the game itself, saved the zip file instead of opening, unzipped, and downloaded from there, which used to solve some problems with my old PC, years and years ago.

The game file takes far too long to actually download, in addition.

I almost suspect that the file you've posted on your server is either corrupted, or incorrectly labelled.

I look forward to having a fix

[Post New]by Mini_Golf_Kid on Nov 4, 11 1:32 PM

here's the gist of the error I got, according to the error report:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

It's a long list of GLE items, so I won't post it all here. Email if you want the full thing.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 4, 11 3:10 PM
Hi Mini_Golf_Kid,

If you haven't already, please send a screenshot of this error message and send it in to our Tech Support team.

I'm not all that familiar with Macs, but our trained Mac reps will know how to help!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Cuznpete on Nov 4, 11 8:48 PM
I have a MacBook w/10.6.8 Intel Core 2 Duo, and I got the same crash message. I have sent this to Tech Support w/Dr Felix zip, but no answer so far. Bummer....

[Post New]by Mini_Golf_Kid on Nov 4, 11 10:47 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi Mini_Golf_Kid,

If you haven't already, please send a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=188">screenshot</a> of this error message and send it in to our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team.

I'm not all that familiar with Macs, but our trained Mac reps will know how to help!

-bfgHondo

Actually copy+paste from the report will work better, but I will send it all in...

[Post New]by Mini_Golf_Kid on Nov 4, 11 10:59 PM
Just sent in the Dr. Felix Report. Hopefully, there will be a solution soon right? Am keeping the game in my BFG Manager for later...

[Post New]by Mini_Golf_Kid on Nov 12, 11 7:29 PM
Cuznpete wrote:I have a MacBook w/10.6.8 Intel Core 2 Duo, and I got the same crash message. I have sent this to Tech Support w/Dr Felix zip, but no answer so far. Bummer....

I think it sucks that the darn thing doesn't work. I got a reply earlier this week, and I tried exactly what was suggested four times now, and so I'm gonna send in the Apple Crash Report. It won't even load anything... right?

[Post New]by Mini_Golf_Kid on Nov 27, 11 12:08 AM
So... the Standard Edition finally came out... and it, for whatever reason, won't load either. It seems to be less of a GLE error than last time, buttt... it's still a pain in the arse, if you know what I mean. I am downloading the game again. Hopefully it will work. : | (crosses fingers)

[Post New]by Mini_Golf_Kid on Nov 27, 11 12:14 AM
what the - hey! Did somebody shove this through some freebie rendering converter or something? gonna write 'Joe in Seattle' in your tech help another message...

Go to: