Trumpy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Reviews for Love Story: The Beach Cottage

[Post New]by Trumpy1 on Oct 9, 11 12:25 PM
Brilliant game ..... finished it quite quickly and even quicker the second time lol
it is also the first game I have left the music unaltered Graphics great too BUT.... not a lot for your money......so I am glad I got my version FREE......will check out "letters"
now!!!!!

Noonio
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Noonio on Oct 10, 11 1:55 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snooze fest. I found this game very tedious. It was ok to start but it wasnt good. The first one (Letters from the past) was a little better but both of them were pretty much the same. Ok to start off with but then were a bit boring. Wasnt worth the money. Dont like to complain really as there are some fantastic games on BF and im a big fan. I suppose some games arent for everyone hey

[Post New]by Valhalla822 on Oct 10, 11 8:04 PM
I can't believe no one else is commenting on how short this game is! It's enjoyable, but not worth full price.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Oct 10, 11 10:10 PM
I don't think this game is for me, personally. I can see the appeal for others and the mini-games were creative but I didn't identify with the plot.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Oct 10, 11 10:12 PM
I don't think this game is for me, personally. I can see the appeal for others and the mini-games were creative but I didn't identify with the plot.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Oct 11, 11 1:28 AM

PLEASE bring on MORE OF THESE quality, touching plots to us in our BF games.... this was a pure pleasure to play especially amongst the dreary macabre games we are being bombarded with these days. Note: I actually play and enjoy some of the quality designed, darker venue games such as those based on Edgar Allen Poe, etc, yet have been game deprived from having access to more of similar heart touching, tear jerking games such as this and Love Letters (which, I may add was appreciatively longer in gameplay time).

Again, hope to see many more
Love Story
games and others of a brighter, morally touching venue such as same!!!

KEEP THESE COMIN PLEASE!!!!

Edited to add: The music was good, graphics were clear, large, well defined, gorgeous and appropriate to the theme of gameplay ~ yay, another kudo to the developers!

Edited on 10/11/2011 at 1:32:23 AM PST

bevpa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by bevpa on Oct 11, 11 4:31 PM
If you're tired of the dark & gloomy games, this is the one for you. I've been looking for something like this for awhile. While most of the dark & gloomy ones are well done and challenging, I was looking for something bright and cheerful. While this story has started out sad (I'm not finished yet), the graphics are wonderful and the puzzles, while somewhat easy, are fun. Looking forward to see where this game takes me.

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Oct 11, 11 5:12 PM
Very, very short game. Great music, touching story. Change of pace. Wait for deal of the day if you can.

9lady_di
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 9lady_di on Oct 11, 11 11:44 PM
I liked the basic concept of the story but the program ran too slow on my system. Also there was very little cursor control. I tried to make a little move and the courser would jump all over the screen. Too much lag time between scenes and after the scene came up the curser would not activate for a couple of more minutees.

[Post New]by andreacole70 on Oct 13, 11 12:09 PM
This was a refreshingly sweet escape from many of the darker games I have been playing. Try playing on the expert mode since the easy is way too easy. The story line is great and left me longing for a sweetheart. Go ahead and buy this one. You will not regret it.

[Post New]by moonfish1956 on Oct 15, 11 7:30 PM
I generally like to play a game at a leisurely pace but the time lag between scenes nearly made me lose the will to live. By the reviews I've read so far this is a fairly short game and would be even noticeably shorter if those long scene changes were fixed! What a pity as this is a lovely game to look at but the relaxing pace is negated by my frustration at trying to get from one area to another.

[Post New]by SonomaRose on Oct 22, 11 4:15 PM
Really liked this game; liked Love Story: Letters from the Past also. Took several hours to play, so I felt I got my money's worth, Will probably play again at some future point. Made use of walkthough a few times when I was stuck, used maybe 3-4 hints when I needed to.
Well worth buying. Hoping for more Love Story games.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 26, 11 12:22 AM
I purchased the game. The graphics were pretty good and in the demo I liked the storyline.

Further into the game I lost interest in the storyline you could tell where it was going. The graphics were good through out the game but it was really really short.

I wont be purchasing any of the other games from this dev until the loading between scenes are better and longer games.

The demo is worth a try.

I dont feel this game was worth the money.

cinfin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinfin on Oct 27, 11 8:55 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It was so nice to not have supernatural fantasy lines, but instead a story that could have really occurred. I stayed interested throughout, like a good book. The **** scenes were not too easy and not too hard and I felt they were related to the time, history, and geographic area. The puzzles were not too difficult and I did not have to skip any, which gave my mental morale a boost! I hope more games like this, that anyone in the family can play, happen at Big Fish.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 27, 11 10:09 AM
I didn't try the demo for a long time because it just looked to "girly girl", but couldn't find anything better and was bored so I downloaded the demo. Still think it is "girly girl", but relaxing and enjoyable and a break from the dark games I seem to be drawn to. Not a buy for me at $6.99, but will when it becomes a DD.

Hint recharges quickly and mini games are easy and fun. However it does have that annoying click penalty. I really hate those.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Oct 29, 11 7:42 PM
FORTUNATUS wrote:
PLEASE bring on MORE OF THESE quality, touching plots to us in our BF games.... this was a pure pleasure to play especially amongst the dreary macabre games we are being bombarded with these days. Note: I actually play and enjoy some of the quality designed, darker venue games such as those based on Edgar Allen Poe, etc, yet have been game deprived from having access to more of similar heart touching, tear jerking games such as this and Love Letters (which, I may add was appreciatively longer in gameplay time).

Again, hope to see many more
Love Story
games and others of a brighter, morally touching venue such as same!!!

KEEP THESE COMIN PLEASE!!!!

Edited to add: The music was good, graphics were clear, large, well defined, gorgeous and appropriate to the theme of gameplay ~ yay, another kudo to the developers!

Positively agree!! We just finished playing it and loved the music, tasks, and storyline! Please bring us more of these sunshine stories - definitely worth the price! Definite 10 for us! Such a wonderful and delightful game compared to those gruesome tiring sanitarium and occult blood and horror we've been getting shoved down our throats!

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Oct 29, 11 10:38 PM
well I rarely write negative reviews, but I'm afraid I have to for this one. I played for twenty minutes before I opted out to buy. Too bad. I finished the game when I went back in just about an hour -playing expert mode without hints or skips and reading all dialogue. Yes the graphics were good and I liked the music. but I found as I was getting close to the end a LOT of back and forth walking that was really irritating and one mini game that I have no idea how I managed to get through, and I figure it was a fluke. Actually, I think that since my skip button had filled it just randomly let me win..to be honest

I thought the ending was abrupt and cheesy, and actually looked around thinking my game had frozen or glitched on me.. I was very surprised that it was just over. I was really happy with the first love story game, but this one disappoints me.

[Post New]by MindlessGamer on Nov 2, 11 12:34 AM
I really loved this game until I got to the lighthouse stairs and keep getting an error: Access violation at 0x00741DAC (tried to write to 0x018DD3FF), program terminated. Still waiting for a reply from the techs help line but I notice in other forums other people are experiencing this error at exactly the same place in the game. A shame as I was really enjoying it and would love to see the end. Such a refreshing change from all the dark scenes in many of the other games. I bought it straight up.

[Post New]by gruniongrama on Nov 8, 11 4:24 AM
Loved this sweet game, I will play it again. I'm a beach, lighthouse, rocky shore girl It is refreshing to have clear graphics, beautiful colors and a good story thrown in, I purchased before the demo ended and was delighted with it. I have passed over many dark, murky, macabe games lately and was happy to use a credit on this. Suggestions for other brighter games?

[Post New]by girlfish7 on Nov 23, 11 2:14 AM
Samie wrote:Add me to those who loved this game! I just wish there was more!

Me too, just adored this game!

Go to: