Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairway Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 6, 11 3:51 PM
One more thing comes to mind...

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice shame on me!

I'll never purchase without trial again!

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 3:52:24 PM PST

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Oct 7, 11 10:32 PM
enjoyed the demo - but not enuf to buy it - i'm still happy with my old fairway solitaire ... gonna have to work a lot harder to come up with an improvement to make me buy a new one

[Post New]by hdrider6430 on Oct 9, 11 11:41 AM
I dont care for the game. doesnt even go 9 holes. like old one better

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Oct 9, 11 2:33 PM
So nice to have a fun game among all the gloom and doom games. I will be buying it because I recognize value for money and it is so difficult to buy a game today where people are either blowing each other up or full of vampires and ghosts.

Well done big fish.

gran in canada

[Post New]by Rosiemarieny on Oct 9, 11 10:26 PM
I had fun playing Fairway, I will wait for the SE though because I don't see myself paying 2 credits for a card game.

[Post New]by Jimmylh on Oct 10, 11 7:35 AM
Sorry but I won't be buying this one. Loved the first one though. This one, not so much. The cards at the bottom look fuzzy to me.

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 7:35:49 AM PST

[Post New]by StevenScottOddba on Oct 10, 11 8:00 PM
Questions:

While you are playing, when the gopher pops up, does hitting him net anything? Or just the satisfaction that you hit him?

While I was playing the second course, I couldn't tell if it was the neighborhood dog (Sam) barking outside my apartment, or if it was within the game. Could you clarify this?

Praise:

On the desert courses you KEPT the WOLF howl! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! It's one of the most BEAUTIFUL sounds in the world! THANK YOU for keeping this in the game!

Cons:

I think this game is a BIT slower than the original. When I clicked on the card, it took a little longer for the card to play. That would be a deficit if there are timed courses. {I didn't have the time to see if there were any. (ONLY 60 minutes)

When the first (movie?) played, there was NO video - only the sound of high-pitched laughter. (Gophers?)

There was less commentary in this version than in the previous one.

Comments:

I noticed that the rough & the grass hazards are a BIT harder, since you use TWO cards to clear them, so it's harder to get a series going.

I ALSO noticed you have kept some of the same comments from the previous game. {One of my favorites being golf was invented by the same people who think bagpipes are a musical instrument! (LOL!) }

On the "Royal Hackenduff" course, I heard a goat. (Do you need a goatherd?) [heard - goat? Ehhh...moving on]

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Oct 10, 11 11:07 PM
Love this...Bought it...

Those that like a solitare style card game will like it. It is fun and refreshing...

For all those that continue to debate about CE vs SE...We all know that CE get extra levels, walkthroughs, trophies...this is worth it ONLY if you like this type of game...

Good job Devs

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Oct 10, 11 11:47 PM
I bought the game and am enjoying it, cards are a bit big though. I`m sure I read somewhere that there will not be a SE of this game.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Oct 11, 11 8:56 PM
I am sooo glad I decided to buy this. It is one of the best games I've ever bought from BFG. First of all, you need to get the 1st fairway game out of your head and just know this is a new version and whenever you want to play original fairway you can but that this game can be good too. That being said, this game is extremely CHALLENGING. I have played about 12 hours and Im only on the 2nd page of courses & there are 16 pages. Some courses are 3, 6 and 9 holes. Personally after playing 9 holes, its nice to have a 3 or 6 hole course to offset it. There are 3 stars to achieve on all courses. 1 star is for completing the course with a PAR, 2 stars is for completing the courses UNDER par, and 3 stars is for completing the courses under par to the number they want you to get to like for example on one course you have to get -14 under par to get the 3rd star. Its very challenging to get the 3rd star and I am one of those people that wants to get it no matter what so this game will keep me busy for a longggg time. I like that if you only get 1 star though, you can move on to the next course and then come back and get the rest of the stars when you want to. You get trophys (achievements) for getting all the stars on a page or for certain things you do within each course. So its a busy game with LOTS to do and it keeps it entertaining.

There isn't a lot of talking like there was in the original one BUT on page 2 of courses there is an Irish guy who babbles a lot especially if you become still. I went into the kitchen to get tea and the computer was talking. The announcer and the irish guy were chatting it up. The irish guy is a lil crass and the announcer has to keep reminding him its a family game. I love it. I do miss the aussie voice though as I am a sucker for aussies (my bf is from oz) but thats just my personal thing. I also like how you get to pick card backs and the deck. Right now I am playing with the gopher deck. The gopher well it might be a beaver? but why would a beaver be on a golf course? is extremely entertaining to as he laughs at you and on the wildcards he comes and messes with you but if you see him on the hole you can bash him on the head. I think if you have 50 bashes per course (forgive me if Im wrong, it might be game not course) you get a trophy. The story is about the gopher thing wanting to take over the the golf course because his home is down below so he's setting up a diabolical plan to do so and there are voiceovers on cut scenes in-between some courses.

The only thing Im not wild about is when it comes to the stars, you have no idea what the 3rd star challenge is until you do the course itself so I would like to know how far ahead I have to be while doing it the first time so I can not have to do it over but its fun, I don't mind doing it again after I know and sometimes Ive already reached it. Happy gaming =) don't let the fact its not the same as the other stop you because the demo doesn't show this game for what it really is. This game is a must have even as CE!!! Its going to take me a whole year to finish this game LOL

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Oct 14, 11 7:03 AM
wiil be for sure as always! First CE after that SE!

Edited on 10/14/2011 at 7:03:35 AM PST

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Oct 14, 11 7:04 AM
...and i so glad i bought it!!!

[Post New]by markabauer on Oct 17, 11 4:45 PM
Wow.
I loved the original Fairway Solitaire, and was hoping for a "Fairway Solitaire II".
This is it.

Fairway is not a "kiddie" game, despite the "cute gopher" and great humor. (You can skip the campier things like the gopher movies if that's not your thing).

It's a fun, challenging, creative, golf-themed solitaire challenge.

I think the price is reasonable considering all it offers:

Vastly improved graphics
New "wild card" challenges, different golf course hazards
Options to change card faces and backs
A ton of levels
Continued humor and engaging challenges

If you enjoy Fairway Solitaire, this is a must have.

[Post New]by goodwinalana on Oct 19, 11 1:45 AM
[b]I'm not one for golf but love solitaire games and to be a CE. I was a little hesitant on buying it for the price,but I love card games.So buy it or don't sorry for being blunt but I get tiered of seeing complaints.It's tough for new fishes like me to buy or not I thought that's what the rant and rave section was for.Yeah I know I'll probably get booed at or stuff like that but just tiered of all the complaints and no real reviews.
So here is my review it's a cute card game and if you like solitare then it's a game for you.I give this game 5 's up
Alana

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Oct 19, 11 7:25 AM
StevenScottOddba wrote:Questions:

While you are playing, when the gopher pops up, does hitting him net anything? Or just the satisfaction that you hit him?

While I was playing the second course, I couldn't tell if it was the neighborhood dog (Sam) barking outside my apartment, or if it was within the game. Could you clarify this?

Praise:

On the desert courses you KEPT the WOLF howl! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! It's one of the most BEAUTIFUL sounds in the world! THANK YOU for keeping this in the game!

Cons:

I think this game is a BIT slower than the original. When I clicked on the card, it took a little longer for the card to play. That would be a deficit if there are timed courses. {I didn't have the time to see if there were any. (ONLY 60 minutes)

When the first (movie?) played, there was NO video - only the sound of high-pitched laughter. (Gophers?)

There was less commentary in this version than in the previous one.

Comments:

I noticed that the rough & the grass hazards are a BIT harder, since you use TWO cards to clear them, so it's harder to get a series going.

I ALSO noticed you have kept some of the same comments from the previous game. {One of my favorites being golf was invented by the same people who think bagpipes are a musical instrument! (LOL!) }

On the "Royal Hackenduff" course, I heard a goat. (Do you need a goatherd?) [heard - goat? Ehhh...moving on]

Steve!

If you hit the gopher 50 times, you get a trophy and golf bucks.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Oct 19, 11 7:27 AM
Now for my review...

I loved the first Fairway game and I love this one as well. There are so many levels. I think it was worth the CE price. My opinion.

I love the challenges and figuring out what to do to win the trophies.

I love that I am not a real life golfer but the game teaches me about golf.

And I find the game not only interesting but funny.

I recommend it.

[Post New]by RokDok on Oct 25, 11 12:08 PM
Rye gives you a good rundown of what's available in the game.
I have two complaints with the new CE: 1) the solitare games are too easy, especially if you can buy clubs just about any time you want. 2) I'm partway through the "diamond" games, and so far the only course goal seems to be to make par on the course. Am I missing some type of option button to get a goal of something besides par?
The original game is always challenging and the variety of goals keeps things interesting. I've lost track of how many times I've played it
In short, I'd recommend sticking with the original game until the price drops on this one or they manage to make it at least as challenging and varied.

[Post New]by RokDok on Oct 25, 11 12:11 PM
ya, and I miss the Aussie, too

[Post New]by zoomzoomZombie on Nov 2, 11 7:36 PM
I'm so glad I bought this CE before I read the reviews here. Fairway CE is a great game. It's lots of fun and has a lot more replay value for me than the typical hidden-object CE would. I love this game.

[Post New]by m4myz7 on Nov 29, 11 2:28 PM
I think this is the worst solitaire game I played. This cannot compare to the previous Fairway Solitaire. So far I have not had any luck playing the extra courses as they cost too much and I am not able to win enough money to play them. What a waste of time and money for the game.

Go to: