trishac
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by trishac on Oct 18, 11 10:41 AM
dapsnowball wrote:another waste of money i am also having issues when Rhaul starts to play when the whitch blows up the house i go do the **** game come back and the house reapears cannot place the ladder cannot continue with the game. what happens with beta testing are the faults ignored for the sake of money. i have 3 other games that i cannot play this is poor bf

I am having this problem too. Recently upgraded directX and have had no problem with the first game (demo only played - didn't know it existed until I tried this one. At first the game was fine so I bought it, but as soon as the ladder point arrose things all went pear shaped. I looked at the walkthrough (which I prefer not to do) and tried again with a new profile. Still had problems. I will wait a while to see if there is a patch but not for ever.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Oct 23, 11 1:04 PM
bfgHondo wrote:
ThomAndJerry wrote:Wanna know the even sadder part of all this? With 50%+ of the people who have pcs now, running Windows 7, this just PROVES they dont test their own games efficiently enough. Had they tested this on Windows 7 they would have already known this issue existed..lol. It is now the 13th and they have not made a response since this one, and have not released a new version of the game. Speaks volumes doesnt it?

Hi ThomAndJerry,

Since this isn't an issue that everyone with Windows 7 is experiencing, we need to be able figure out which types of systems are being affected.

To do this, we ask for you (all, not just you individually) to please run a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report</a> on your system and then send the results over to our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team.

The more information that we can gather, the sooner we'll likely be able to fix this issue. Thank you for your patience, and if there are any updates on this, we'll be sure to post something in the forums.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

If they have never ever changed their DPI settings (which 99.99999% would not because they dont even know what those settings are), then yes it is happening to anyone that runs windows 7. By DEFAULT, 7's DPI settings are set to 125% and this game will not run with them being at anything above 99% because thats the settings the game dvs put into the game. .

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 1:04:45 PM PST

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Oct 23, 11 1:06 PM
ok I posted a thread 24 hours ago about missing items and since nobody has taken the time to even acknowledge it with a response, I will put it here as well.

Crossbow and Door Handle are Missing

WHY ???

[Post New]by 1945bonnie on Nov 9, 11 3:04 PM
OK Back to the rope ladder area. This is definitely a fatal flaw in the game itself, not on my computer.
The very first time I went to the temple and the witch crashed it, I could look down into the cravasse, but had no way of getting there. I looked twice. So my computer worked fine. Once I got the rope ladder and went back I could no longer open the area. And it has remained locked out to me ever since. I have restarted the game three times, even in the expert mode. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing works. We need a patch. Please fix this or give us a game credit. I would be satisfied with either. I'm just tired of trying to fix it myself.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 26, 11 2:43 AM
Ok what's with the widescreen/aspect correction on this game?? No matter what I set my screen resolution to I get a message that my computer resolution doesn't support widescreen. Well I beg to differ devs!!! My computer certainly DOES support widescreen as I play widescreen on other games just fine. I tried all the dpi tips but my computer was already set to 100% and 96 dpi so that's not it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!!

[Post New]by jade3willow on Feb 27, 12 9:55 PM
Rope ladder placement malfunction.

There are NO sparkles to let me zoom into the fallen lion temple in order to place the rope ladder. There are only the whirling gears, but they don't let me place the rope ladder. Therefore Rahul can't get into the temple and access the meeting place to exchange items that are needed with his sisters.

How do we fix this???

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Mar 23, 12 9:56 AM
Like a lot of other people out there, I'm having trouble with the rope ladder.

Brought this a while back because I enjoyed the first one and finally started playing it tonight. I got to the the scene where the witch blows up the "swap shed", clicked on it, saw the pop up showing the drop, went to find the ladder but the pop up didn't pop up again. Started another game, made sure I didn't click any of the pop up areas unless I had the item needed just in case it (or any other places) didn't show up again, but this time it didn't even pop up.
It's been nearly a month since the last person write reporting the same problem, is there a patch yet? It's rather annoying since you need to get over to the building to continue the game.

I've noticed there have been a few patches for games that I've never had a problem with, but the games that have known problems aren't getting fixed, why is that?

Edited on 03/23/2012 at 9:57:26 AM PST

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 16, 12 2:27 PM
Well...... this morning when I logged onto the Big Fish Games website, I thought from forum comments that this might be a Daily Deal game I would enjoy. I also liked it that part of the price would be going to breast cancer research. BUT, I have tried and tried to download the demo. Each time, when I check back later to see how the download is going, it shows "download error". Then when I click on "download" to get it going again, it starts the download from zero once more.

I think this has happened three or four times already... and, by now, it's evening here. Unless this last effort to download it is successful and extremely speedy, I won't have time to demo the game and purchase it before bedtime.

Don't want to buy without trying the demo. So if I can't demo it, I'll just have to hope there will be some Daily Deal games I'll enjoy adding to my collection later on this month.

Classicaljazz

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 16, 12 2:52 PM
Hi Classicaljazz,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Download problems can sometimes be hard to pin down, but our help article here covers some basic troubleshooting steps that you can try if you'd like to demo that game:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If that's not helping, of course, you can also let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by nbuck27 on Jan 6, 13 10:59 PM
I have come towards the end of the game on my iPad and I am trying to place the second set of peacock feathers on the frozen peacock statue. No matter where I try to place it, it won't 'stick' I have been trying for about 15 minutes, I tried exiting the game (completely) and re-enter but to no avail. It is extremely frustrating.

Post note: eventually got it to work by going through the last portal, collected the third lot of feathers and returned to the peacock. I placed the thIrd collection and then the second collection.

Edited on 01/07/2013 at 12:27:42 AM PST

[Post New]by Pet_ite on Jan 7, 13 4:17 AM
I have another problem on the iPad version:
A the end when starting to collect the feathers, only the first one was ok, after that any time I grab a feather, the game crashes ans shuts down.
Closing down completely and restarting the iPad didn't help.
Seems that I'm not the only one having this problem.
Will there be an update?

[Post New]by Pet_ite on Feb 21, 13 11:23 AM
Well, upgraded to the latest iPad version that was supposed to resolve the problem, but it didn't.
Even started the game all over under a new profile, but when Rahul starts to collect the feather, at the second one the game still crashes... :-(

[Post New]by dark_japa on Apr 14, 13 9:52 AM
hi...i'm playing on iphone and having the same problem with the peacock feathers....at the second one I try to catch the game shut down and don't go any further even reloading or re-installing or changing profile....is there any problem with configuration? is there a solution for this?? i really liked the game and want to finish it! thanks

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Aug 30, 14 4:14 PM
When I purchased this game I was still running Snow Leopard (OS 10.7.5) on my Mac. Now I have Mountain Lion (10.8.5). When I try to play the game all I get is a white screen with black bars and some music.

Go to: