Re:Reviews for Reincarnations: Back to Reality Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Leila_Mills on Oct 11, 11 4:27 AM
I'd like to post a comment about the intro chapter - the library - theart is great and the idea that each soul has it's book, BUT it was too earthy to me, nevertheless the man-door was a big surprise

[Post New]by luckylady53050 on Oct 11, 11 4:47 AM
sunidayz wrote:At first I wasn't sure , but as I got into the game , I really enjoyed it. The graphics and music were good as well as the gameplay. There were a lot of ****'s and not too many minigames during the time I played (which wasn't long , because I finished the demo with 30 mins left to spare!! (Removed by moderator). They say you have 60 mins of free time, you should get 60 mins. These developers now stop there games at a specific point, which I think is unfair. Anyone agree with me here?)
Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent, but I really liked this game and I would rate it a 9 out of 10.
No it says try the free sample version not the hour version. It still surprises me that as long as some people have been trying and buying these games that they still don't know the difference between the two versions. Sample version only goes until a certain point in the game hence possibly not getting an hour depending on how fast or slow you play.,and of course an hour is an hour. Some of you really need to start reading the caption under the try it button, then maybe people will stop getting irritated with some of you who complain about this. Remember if it wasn't for this game club you would be paying the full price of $19.99. So enjoy what you get for $6.99 or $13.99 that's why I come to BFG's to play.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Oct 11, 11 6:33 AM
First my thoughts about this CE I've just finished. Nice game, okay, but I do so agree with the fishies having dragged themselves to the end because they lost interest. I lost interest too. The whole reincarnation idea, doubtfull as it is in my eyes anyway, got completely lost here. Here we have this woman, driving along the road, and suddenly she's swooped into the twilight zone because she has to 'fix' a number of seemingly randomly chosen former lives. She even gets the assurance, after the last one, that she is totally free now. Clean, as if it were. Man, did that make me laugh! This idea is sooo naive, so simple. And why should that 'gift' only be given to one person? Special friend of the gods maybe?
Alright, alright, a game has to be built around some kind of a story, but this one, in my eyes, had such a thin, questionable story that it was rediculous. I paid for it, so I played it to the end of the bonus game, but it wasn't really a pleasure. Repetitive music I muted very fast, and HOS after HOS in strange worlds that were not to my liking. A disappointment, this CE, really.

Then something about the trials of games. I think it's perfectly allright to deliver us a demo up to a certain point. IMO such a demo is long enough to decide if you want to play a game 'till the very end or not. Almost needless to say that I think 60 minutes of FREE trial is very generous. It could even be that some fast playing fishies don't need to buy the game then anymore. Which I don't think is the meaning of devs and distributors. But anyway, I think a demo up to a certain point is fair enough.

OK. And now back to downloading the newest game around a certain teenage-sleuth!

CasualGran

[Post New]by triquetra33 on Oct 11, 11 3:35 PM
I liked the premise for this game, music wasn't annoying, graphics were ok, but I really enjoyed playing the demo! I will def buy, but only the SE when it arrives

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 12, 11 3:41 AM
I played the entire demo of this game. I kept trying to get interested because I have other games by these Devs and I really enjoyed each of them. This one not so much. The graphics are fine and the music seemed theme appropriate but just not my I suppose. Never developed that "I have to finish this feeling" about it. So sorry and Devs, I'm going to pass on this one.
Happy Gaming All

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Oct 12, 11 4:00 AM
Completed the demo in 28 minutes. Thought it was supposed to be 60 minutes. Oh well, that means the game is either too easy or too short. No buy this time.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 12, 11 6:25 AM
9gamer5 wrote:Completed the demo in 28 minutes. Thought it was supposed to be 60 minutes. Oh well, that means the game is either too easy or too short. No buy this time.

Not "supposed to be 60 minutes": the demo is a sample. Check the "try" description.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Oct 12, 11 10:00 AM
I bought and played the other two and actually found the first one more enjoyable and more fun for me than the second, although the second was a lot more complex. (I have no problem with reincarnation) However, this one also caught my attention and I finished the demo in 55 minutes. I wasn't trying to go as fast as possible as I like to take my time and really feel into a game to know if it's worth my time, effort, and money. I also found it intriguing that I could replay the demo under another profile name. I've not seen that before.

As far as being realistic goes, how many of the games available are actually realistic? 1 out of 10? 1 out of 20? Less than that? Haunted sanitoriums, haunted churches, haunted towns, possession, demons, fairy tales, ect. Even the ones that appear to be more realistic add things in here and there in order to attempt to make the game more of a decent length and hopefully interesting. It's like so many of the movies these days, a lot of special effects, and throwing in a lot of so-called "non-realistic" things as well.

I liked this one. The graphics didn't seem as clear as I might have liked but certainly better than many others. The **** scenes were quite doable, I found the music added to the energy of the game and while I wasn't in the "absolutely can't wait to get to the next part" mode, I definitely was caught up in it and will probably buy it. It was interesting, kept me moving forward and did somewhat follow some of the typical, more basic ideas of reincarnation, as did the first one.

All in all, definitely worth my time and effort.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Oct 13, 11 5:55 AM
I usually love their games but this one I disliked intensely for some reason,it was so "woolly" and "bitty" I just couldn't get into it.I never buy CE's anyway so maybe when it comes out as a SE I'll give it another go,it might grow on me.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 13, 11 5:24 PM
While I almost always LOVE games from this developer, this one fell quite flat for me and I found it to be very boring. It just didn't grab me. The graphics were wonderful and I appreciated having men protagonists and a story line that didn't include finding lost family members, but this was such a mediocre game. I'm not sorry I bought the CE, but wasn't real happy with the quality of it and must say it will have zero replay value for me.

I won't dissuade you from buying it, but I REALLY hope you try before you buy. You'll know before the trial is over whether or not this game is for you. I really wished I had done the same, I guess I've been trusting this developer for so long that I felt I didn't have have to... big mistake.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Oct 14, 11 10:47 AM
Although I generally enjoy Vogat games, this game did not grab me. While I have no specific complaints about this game, I was actually bored. The graphics were fine, the HOS were fine, everything was fine. I quit the demo after about 20 minutes, so maybe it gets more interesting after that point.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 14, 11 1:57 PM
This was a good game, but certainly not one of the best from this developer. It had all of the right elements, nice graphics, great adventure elements, and a good balance between hidden objects and puzzles, etc. But typically Vogat games also have a pretty good story, and that, in part, is where this one was lacking. Although each separate chapter in the previous Reincarnation games were not necessarily related in any way, this game seemed more disjointed. The various situations were more surreal than in the last two games, and somehow less involving as a result. The style of graphics seemed more like the Elixir of Immortality to me, and less like the Reincarnation games - the artwork itself just wasn't as beautiful as in those previous games.

The last chapter and bonus were pretty good though, and overall it was a very well made game. It just wasn't what I had expected, as I had particularly loved the second game in this series.

javajule
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by javajule on Oct 14, 11 3:01 PM
mst3kr wrote:After 50 minutes of the demo...

That opening sequence was cringe-worthy! From the idiotic sentences, to the "keep driving" stupidity when not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR attempts to stop the "heroine" happen in the first 30 seconds. Whoever writes these needs to take a lesson in suspense techniques. Even with a highlight to reveal dead girl's spirit rising to wherever, I was too annoyed by the opening to be all that interested in helping her in her quest.

I couldn't agree with you more. The opening sequence left me scratching my head going 'huh...wuh...' and I also disliked the segue into the first "life" (for want of a better descriptor). I was so annoyed with the disjointed story line at that point but I was annoyed with myself more as I bought the CE without trying it since I loved the 2nd game so much.

I'm really hoping it gets better as others are saying...note to self, I don't care how much I liked the previous games, play the demo first....

IrishJade
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by IrishJade on Oct 16, 11 7:20 AM
dancemom1 wrote:Played this one in casual mode and had 24 minutes left in the demo. I'm not speedy, but I'm also no slow poke, so you will need to gage for yourself. I have the other two Reincarnation games and liked them both. I like this one as well...very nice graphics, music and game play. HOGs not difficult, but some take a little thought, same with the games. Didn't notice any "fuzzy" graphics. Interesting story line, different for a change (has that silly "blinking eye" fx). Will buy this one, even if it is a CE.

Thanks for all the reviews. They are all helpful.

IrishJade
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by IrishJade on Oct 16, 11 7:23 AM
having problems starting the third part just cant figure it out. can any one help?

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Oct 16, 11 4:14 PM
A Very nice game with great graphics, story line, puzzles, and length of play time.
CE bonus game and strategy guide is well worth the extra cost.
I have been a fan of Vogat games, and they just keep getting better!
Thanks for bringing us this one BFG!!!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 22, 11 7:29 AM
i got as far as trying to open the cottage door. i went to the sg and still could'nt figure it out ! no buy here

garhawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by garhawk on Oct 23, 11 7:48 PM
I was disappointed with this game. I think I've played so many **** games, that I've become bored with them. I thought this was going to be a good one, but no, it wasn't. I couldn't wait to finish and it was a waste of 2 game credits. I beta tested "Surface Mystery of Another World" and can't wait for that to come out. That one looks exciting and I had a good time playing it.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 26, 11 10:04 AM
jkuci wrote:
9gamer5 wrote:Completed the demo in 28 minutes. Thought it was supposed to be 60 minutes. Oh well, that means the game is either too easy or too short. No buy this time.

Not "supposed to be 60 minutes": the demo is a sample. Check the "try" description.

Here we go again with the "I raced through the demo in XX minutes--thought it was going to be XX minutes." It's called a sample, people! And not all of us are "speed racers," waiting for the Guinness Book Of Records to show up at our door!

I think there's a disservice here to a Vogat gem (no, I'm not a Vogat cheerleader)! Just give this more than a half-hour chance. The graphics are terrific, the storyline is good, and the game length (from what I've seen of the SG) should be decent.

Regards, elldee

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 5, 11 6:12 AM
elldee2728 wrote:
jkuci wrote:

Here we go again with the "I raced through the demo in XX minutes--thought it was going to be XX minutes." It's called a sample, people! And not all of us are "speed racers," waiting for the Guinness Book Of Records to show up at our door!

I think there's a disservice here to a Vogat gem (no, I'm not a Vogat cheerleader)! Just give this more than a half-hour chance. The graphics are terrific, the storyline is good, and the game length (from what I've seen of the SG) should be decent.

Regards, elldee

Elldee - I fully understand the difference between "hour" and "demo", but here is my question: When downloading a game with "play demo" as opposed to "hour", is the whole game downloaded (and stops when the demo is finished and thus we don't have to re-download the whole game again if we buy it), but in the "hour" download only a certain portion of the game is downloaded and to buy the game we have to re-download the whole thing? Hope that makes sense!!

Thanks for your excellent reviews!

Go to: