abc13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Reviews for Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines

[Post New]by abc13 on Mar 2, 12 12:20 PM
loved this game just going to look for some others made by the same company any suggestions?usually don't go back to a game but will go back to try and do some of the mini games I passed on last time.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Mar 7, 12 8:53 PM
Really b-a-d graphics; no way I'd buy this one. The HOs are piled & trashy, and the scenes (in the hour I played the demo) have no redeeming features. Seems to be one big mess, so far--which is far enough for me.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 21, 12 3:01 PM
I found the game really gloomy and dirt - and this was meant to be a hospital!?
The wandering around back and forwards and being told which room to go into was irritating. The voiceovers were ok, but the dreamlike state just pushed it a little too far into the 'delete' phase. A no buy for me.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jul 9, 12 7:04 PM
This is a great game! Great story! This was fun and interesting and had a little suspence. Lots of puzzles and HOS to play. I enjoyed this game.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 11, 12 10:42 PM
Another eerie, dark game? Cool! I can't get enough of spooky haunted houses and creepy sanitariums...I search for these games and there are never enough.

I've played enough of the demo to know that I will be purchasing this game. I'm glad there's a Walkthrough (thank you!).

My first thought was that nobody who had been in a coma for three years would be getting up out of bed (especially when one has been restrained) and walking around. It just doesn't happen. Then I told myself to lighten up - it's just a game. Enjoy it.

And I will. At this point I'm giving it four kitties (out of a possible five). meow.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Oct 5, 12 3:02 PM
I just finished this game and I really enjoyed it. The storyline was dark, sad and eerie. The graphics seemed dark in some areas, but that added to the feel of the game. The objects were not all easy to find and the puzzles not all easy to play. The only issue I can see for some people is there is a lot of back tracking to get more items or trigger the next part of the game. The map is very useful because of this.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Nov 29, 12 7:15 PM
I liked the picture puzzles but hated the puzzles where you have to line up the flow of an ekg machine! Also too much riding up and down elevators. I finished the game without the walkthru in under 2 hours

Edited on 11/29/2012 at 7:16:07 PM PST

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Dec 9, 12 3:32 PM
Thought it was a decent game, but too much elevator riding for me. Show me the ride once, then just let me be at the next floor the next time(s). Better yet, just let me click on the map to go instantly to another room without all the time consuming travel. Only 4 stars from me.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 19, 13 2:37 AM
Positives: Great graphics and voiceovers. Skip and hint fill quickly. Interesting story. Lots to do. Map is helpful in figuring out where to go and where active locations are. Journal is helpful if you forget a clue. HOS hints don't swirl around insanely like in some games, and they locate objects clearly by encircling them. A few of the puzzles are very unique. I have a thing about puzzles... I don't play them. The "mind mapping" puzzle sequences aren't skippable, but I found them to be interesting and fun.

Neutral: I didn't listen to the tape recordings, but I never do. HOS are not interactive. That might be a negative for some.

Negatives: You can't use the map to jump to a location. Finding some of the objects in the HOS is quite difficult without using hints.

Overall, I enjoyed playing this game.

Edited on 03/19/2013 at 2:40:47 AM PST

Go to: