Re:Your Reviews for Weird Park: Broken Tun Collector's Edition

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Nov 4, 11 6:40 PM
I will be in the process of downloading the demo as soon as I finish this. I always read the reviews of a game before I even bother trying it. But I just have a general question at this time. Why do players not like the "sparkles"? I find them helpful and can get me through the game alot faster. I joined BF back in 2008 and I read about the sparkles all the time. Maybe its like me with the HOS? (hate them!!)
Anyway, I'm off to download the ugly clowns!!

feenix

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Nov 6, 11 2:56 AM
What a brill game, it took me about 2 days on and off which is good value IMO,

Great graphic, good story, and I also dont mind the sparkles that alot of people moan about, the only thing was if I used the hint button either had to press a couple of times or if wasnt quick on looking missed it, but otherwise really enjoyable and the bonus worth it.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Nov 6, 11 10:57 AM
Played the demo. Really fun game! Overall, I didn't think it was too easy, and I play these types of games a lot. The HOS were on the simple side, however, which is a plus for me as I don't play these types of games for the hidden objects. The minigames were fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. At the end of the day, I enjoyed myself and really liked the amusement part theme. Spooky, but not scary. Will probably wait for the SE version as I only buy truly spectacular CEs.

winkadink
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by winkadink on Nov 6, 11 12:35 PM
I am surprised this game is getting pretty good reviews. The graphics are nice, but I had so much trouble with the custom curser I had to turn it off. It froze on my screen and would then jump to places I did not want it to go. I did not find the instructions to be helpful and one mini-game I wanted to re-read the instructions and it would not let me re-read them. Maybe it was not a good download for me but I did not care for it enough to unload and re-download. I also like a game more when after you complete a puzzle or hidden object a sentence or two pops up which explains the story line and/or tells you where to look next. I may not even buy this game as a DD; I have so many other better games on my list to buy. Definitely try the demo before you buy.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 7, 11 7:39 AM
Already posted in this thread when I bought the game but today I've finished it.

THIS IS A GRAND CE

Graphics, story, mini games are excellent. The bonus play is a real chapter, not just a little titbit given to you to make you swallow the price of the CE.

A big thanks to Diesel Puppet (hope I got this right) and for "offering" us this game.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 7, 11 2:14 PM
Looks like a buy for me..... creepy but not horrible.

Very imaginative and original!

Graphics are EXCELLENT.

Music good.

Thumbs up! (And I don't typically enjoy this type of theme).

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Nov 10, 11 8:12 AM
Zebo gave it 3 stars out of 5 .

Pros:

Nice graphics. Puzzles are straightforward and (for the most part) easy to complete.

Cons:

Way too much backtracking. Technical issues plague the hint system. Story is incredibly shallow.

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Nov 10, 11 11:11 AM
I would have to agree way too much backtracking/shallow story - I still can't figure out what's with the airship and that hint button.

But this review isn't negative I really enjoyed it as with most C.E and S.E you tend to be able to calculate when it's over and for this one surprise surprise hard to guess........game play fantastic

The bonus game is also lengthy....... graphics were really good, puzzles easy but still challenging.......

A really good C.E, one i would honestly say will be playing again - which doesn't happen that often.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 11:13:15 AM PST

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Nov 11, 11 4:04 AM
I would buy it but the hint button drives me nuts. You really have to be looking at the exact spot/exact second to use it. I know a lot of ppl enjoy this game and it great and innovative...Just that one thing bugs me so still up in the air about buying it. A lot of work was but into the creation of this. BUT... Is there anyway to fix the hint system devs? I really want to buy this

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Nov 11, 11 5:26 AM
I had my doubts about this game after the trial, and I actually waited a few days to break down and buy it. Boy am I glad I did...a great game. Good length, variety in the puzzles, and the **** was frags and regular. I actually found the bonus game harder than the game! Really enjoyed it. no technicals either.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Nov 11, 11 12:48 PM
Just finished Weird Park and liked it. Not my favorite game ever, but still enjoyable. Not too hard. I had fun with it. No complaints. It was a good lengthy game too. Well, my weekend is here, so off to find another game!!

feenix

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Nov 12, 11 8:51 PM
feenix2011 wrote:I will be in the process of downloading the demo as soon as I finish this. I always read the reviews of a game before I even bother trying it. But I just have a general question at this time. Why do players not like the "sparkles"? I find them helpful and can get me through the game alot faster. I joined BF back in 2008 and I read about the sparkles all the time. Maybe its like me with the HOS? (hate them!!)
Anyway, I'm off to download the ugly clowns!!

feenix

Hi !
I'm one of the sparkles haters, just completely ruin the fun for me.
Just curious, why do you want to get trough the games faster?

Edited on 11/12/2011 at 8:53:43 PM PST

Re:Your Reviews for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Spookypookywooky on Nov 14, 11 12:24 PM
I thought this was a great game. The graphics, sound and game-play were all excellent. I bought the CE version and felt that the bonus game did justify the extra expense. I really liked the extras - the original sketches and 3D work - that was fascinating to me. If any of the developers read this, what 3D software do you use?

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Nov 15, 11 9:01 AM
I really liked this game until technical difficulties corrupted my profile. I did go back and play the remaining time. I enjoy the music and the gameplay. I don't know if I would buy the CE as I didn't use the SG very much at all. The mini games were new and I enjoyed them. I would definitely buy the SE.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 15, 11 12:57 PM
I like alawar games and the graphics and sound are good. The hidden objects are very clear nothing dark. I also like this type of game that does not envolve car wreaks or missing childern and the use of "detective" as a generic first person. I think the other reviews were very helpful.

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Nov 17, 11 2:38 AM
I enjoyed this game. I'm very glad that I purchased the Collector's Edition as the bonus chapter was lengthy...worth the money.

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Nov 18, 11 4:53 AM
Just finished the game. Had a GREAT time! Well worth the time and price. This one I will enjoy playing again and again.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Your Reviews for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Nov 18, 11 8:20 AM
Despite technical problems I did enjoy this game. It has a combination of hidden objects and finding parts of items to combine. I like the music. I would probably wait for the SE as I didn't really use the SG much.

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Nov 18, 11 5:58 PM
excellant game!!! many hours of fun. loved it

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Nov 22, 11 12:26 PM
Enjoyable game. Decent length. Almost as much fun as Dreamland, but not quite. I bought the CE but didn't use the Strategy Guide once. The Hint button provided all the help I needed on where to go next. Graphics and animation are very well done. I liked that the **** scenes were fairly easy and did not disrupt the flow of the game. My only complaint would be the puzzles where you rotate or move one thing, and two other things move. I apparently don't have the type of brain that can figure those out. However, there is a nice mix of easy and hard puzzles. The Bonus chapter was too short. I say wait for the SE.

Go to: