Re:Reviews for Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kardow2 on Nov 6, 11 12:43 PM
This was actually the first game I have played in a LONG time that was worth the 13.99 price tag! Seems as though....collectors editions used to be a special and worth while phenom! However, since becoming a member of the BF community they seemed to have become commonplace and a way for someone to make 13.99 instead of 6.99 off of a mediocre game!

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Yes finally! A superb CE game!

[Post New]by eedebeep on Nov 6, 11 1:32 PM
Thank you for restoring my faith in CEs. This game is lengthy, good hidden object scenes, good plot, good puzzles, good graphics, etc! Only thing I didn't like was the annoying voiceovers. Actually an expert mode that doesn't lead you, I loved it!

Can't wait for the next one!

A+

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 6, 11 8:23 PM
Ditto to all the positive reviews above! I used the SG only one time - my own fault for not seeing what I needed to do in a certain scene (as someone posted earlier). I absolutely love the going back-and-forth; the H0 scenes could be a bit difficult (but wouldn't be a worthwhile game if they were all easy) and we do have the option of using the M3 mode (but I used it only for the last hard to find item as I believe the M3 finishes the total H0 scene no matter how many items you still have to find). This is a wonderful game and...I wonder if next week is too soon for a sequel? !!!!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Nov 6, 11 8:51 PM
The bar has certainly been raised!! THIS is what I expect of a CE!! I could ramble on and on, but everyone has pretty much said what I feel about this game. Definite 5/5 stars! I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel, and if anyone was paying attention, there will be at LEAST one more after that!!

And while I sit here tapping my toes impatiently for the next one, I truly hope the developers don't release it prematurely... the next one needs to meet or exceed the quality of this one.

All that said, this has definite replay value for me!! Thanks devs!! You ROCK!!

vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by vievieta on Nov 7, 11 12:11 PM
I love it

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 8, 11 2:40 AM
With 4 other games downloaded ready to try, it took me a while to finally get round to this one. I wish I'd played this first and not bothered with at least 2 of the others!! Finally a CE worth the price; so many great reviews I won't bother adding to what others have said much better than I could! Enough to say that I found myself saying 'what a fabulous game' more than once during the demo!!

Will wait until my Nov credit in a couple of days time rather than pay the extra (plus the cost of membership) now but it's a definite buy for me. Great game again by this developer

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 2:41:17 AM PST

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Nov 8, 11 5:53 AM
Demo'd it, Bought it, Loved it...now for the sequel.....

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 8, 11 2:09 PM
I just got around to trying this game and don't understand what all the hoopla is about. I thought it was one of the dreariest games I've ever seen. I didn't find the graphics crisp and clear. I thought everything was fuzzy, muted and hard to see. I don't mind switching to a match 3 once in awhile to find the items I can't find on the list but I really should be able to find at least most of the items I'm looking for. The HOG scenes were giant blurry junkpiles. I had a hard time recognizing anything. I will probably buy it when it comes out as a standard edition but right now I'm totally on the fence with this one.

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Nov 8, 11 3:32 PM
After finally being able to finish this game without crashing at the street lamp puzzle, i am happy to say ...WOW what a really nice game and i too hope there will be a sequel to this!! thanks to BFG and the developers..great game

spandjw
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by spandjw on Nov 9, 11 7:06 AM
arthurC wrote:This really is a beautifully crafted game, and after reading the earlier reviews I was very tempted to buy it outright. But I decided to play the demo anyway, and I think I'll wait for the SE.

Why? Because I'm not paying a tenner to listen to that womans voice! Yessus .. is she irritating or what??

I wish the devs would realise that not all we Brits talk like the Queen! (God Bless 'er).
Jo

spandjw
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by spandjw on Nov 9, 11 7:08 AM
Here here Arthur her voice does my head in but apart from that the game is excellent, well worth the price

foghatdw
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by foghatdw on Nov 9, 11 10:03 AM
It seems the majority love this game and I agree. Was discouraged in the CE games I had purchased lately, very few worth the cost but doing the demo on this game sold me and yes, it's worth the money.
No surprises as far as how the game functions and no problems to this point.
The graphics, story line, FX, are grade A.
Game play is comfortable, puzzles are a bit simple but not to the point where they subtract from the overall quality of the game.
The HOG's are pretty much standard, easy to see, and not so close together you get quickly bored.
I'm not too far into the game and unless there is a dramatic drop in quality, this is what should be industry standard for any game, CE or other wise.
I prefer haunting's as opposed to magical settings, so Time Mysteries needs to put one on their, "To Do" list.
A+

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 9, 11 5:26 PM

Four thumbs up for a fun, interesting game. I really liked going from time to time in the same places and seeing how the artwork changed. Very nicely done indeed.

One thumb down for some of the mini-games having less than adequate instructions. I skipped a couple because I simply could not figure out what I was supposed to do and I'm supposed to be pretty smart. Also in the thumb down is the fact that in some of the H0 scenes there are more than one, say, screwdriver, but only one was recognized.

But overall I really, really enjoyed this one.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 9, 11 5:28 PM
Hydro, it sounds like you might need to upgrade your monitor.

hydrogibbon wrote:I just got around to trying this game and don't understand what all the hoopla is about. I thought it was one of the dreariest games I've ever seen. I didn't find the graphics crisp and clear. I thought everything was fuzzy, muted and hard to see. I don't mind switching to a match 3 once in awhile to find the items I can't find on the list but I really should be able to find at least most of the items I'm looking for. The HOG scenes were giant blurry junkpiles. I had a hard time recognizing anything. I will probably buy it when it comes out as a standard edition but right now I'm totally on the fence with this one.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 9, 11 5:29 PM
Turn it off and just read what is said.

spandjw wrote:Here here Arthur her voice does my head in but apart from that the game is excellent, well worth the price

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Nov 10, 11 12:15 PM
A very enjoyable game. Kudos to the developers and team that worked on it! Great graphics. I loved the voice overs. Good story, although, I must admit, I was getting confused toward the end. it loaded very quickly both initially and with scene changes. Suggests pride in product. This is one of my hot buttons. If I have to look at a blank screen for more than a few seconds, I'm unlikely to buy the game. With good coding, that delay is not necessary. Nine times out of ten if there is a delay, there are a lot of other glitches in the game.

tesloca
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tesloca on Nov 11, 11 1:21 PM
this game was awesome!!!!! just like the good ol' ones!!!

shibas1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by shibas1 on Nov 11, 11 3:30 PM
I started to play the preview and realized I had played this game a long time ago, not sure how that was possible but it was in fact done, However it is a good game

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Nov 11, 11 4:13 PM
I absolutely loved this game. I just finished the Bonus part and the entire game took me all week to finish. All the superlative comments/reviews I will agree with. This CE is well worth the money and is time well spent. For any who may not have tried this game yet, I urge you to do so. The artwork, storyline, animations, music, voiceovers are exceptional quality.

Enjoy!

Thank you BFG and developers/designers for bringing us this awesome game!

Faylyn

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Nov 12, 11 9:48 PM
lackoo wrote:So is this as great as the Phantasmat CE ?

No way, lackoo, no way. I gave a review after playing the demo (the game is long, I got to page 6 out of 47 according to the strategy guide). But the graphics were terrible, I can't believe how many fishies said they liked the graphics, ugh! Seems very interesting & the length is probably worth paying the CE price. Not for me.

Go to: