Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Reviews for Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Nov 9, 11 4:58 PM
Beingknown wrote:
I love this game. Thank-you developers. It is so refreshing to have an actual adventure game.

The entertainment in "Red Crow Mysteries: Legion" includes discovering what actions are necessary to progress, and which puzzles one must discover clues to, or need to find objects for. For me, (playing on expert mode), the puzzles are enjoyably challenging, without being at all frustrating. It’s such a pleasure to me that I needed to use my mind and figure things out.

I really love games like this one, where I may come to a point at which I realize that I need to retrace my steps and notice what I may have missed.

Like others have mentioned, my eyes are also “old”, but I found the objects easily visible, with careful attention to detail. I enjoy the graphics, enjoy the game-play, enjoy the puzzles and enjoy the mini-games! Even the soundtrack is good (a feature that often annoys me).

I’d say this is a well done game that is interesting, entertaining and a refreshing return to adventure gaming. I highly recommend it.

When it comes to gaming there are no absolutes. It's really a matter of personal gaming tastes and preferences. At least give the demo of this one a try.

Since I could not have said it better and agree with you 100% I will merely "second" your review.

FARRALOU
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FARRALOU on Nov 9, 11 5:26 PM
I want to thank the game developer for joining the forum/first time I've seen that! I will buy any game that the developer cares enough to help solve any problems .Plus I like this game.This is one game developer that I will support with a purchase!!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Nov 9, 11 6:52 PM
This is a game with one puzzle after another. Some of the puzzles don't have good enough directions of what to do, so I ended up skipping it. I found it difficult to find what to do. I'm playing of the easiest mode. I didn't find this game to be fun, more of aggravating than anything. I never did get out of the house.

The good thing is the many options to select from. This just isn't a game that I enjoy.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 9, 11 7:04 PM
I just finished the game. Not as long as I originally expected. Didn't find all the "....." (main item you need to find), and I really looked. My eyes are very tired right now. I did enjoy the game, but it just sort of left you hanging. Could have played out a little better. Will give my eyes a rest and maybe go back and start a new game. Did have to start over at the beginning once, due to a technical error, but otherwise played nicely.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Nov 9, 11 9:41 PM
ivanbral wrote:in fact there are several our adventure games available on Big Fish, like:
- Tales from the Dragon Mountain: The Strix
- Hotel
- The Legend of Crystal Valley
- Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

Our first game released on BFG was The Legend of Crystal Valley back in 2009

Ohhhhh thanks for the reminder ivan! I LOVED Hotel and plan on getting the others I haven't played yet too. Even though I'll miss my junkpile HOS, I know I'll enjoy this game. The puzzles and game play really makes you use those gray cells! It, (just as your other games) is so unique, bringing a new spin to the genre. Thanks for letting us have the option for sparkles! I'm a fan of them. Yes, please, pretty please include diary's with photos and more storyline! You can add so much to the storyline by including the thoughts of the character, plus clues to puzzles and goals. I'm a big reader so I always enjoy the combination of a great game with the bonus of a good read and story! I like the graphics's and dark, spooky, mysteries will never get old for me.

Your games are really giving other Developer's some competition. I appreciate very much your openness on the forums and how much you really care about your players, what we like and use that feedback in future games. It's nice to see you back in the pond. Bravo to you and your entire team, keep up the good work!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Nov 9, 11 10:54 PM
My first reaction to this game was Wow!! I love it even tho the mini games gave me fits at times I would like to know the logic behind the drawer puzzle as well as that behind the 9 fuses. I enjoyed the story line very much and the graphics are beautifully done. While I didn't have a problem finding the hidden objects, I did occasionally lose my way and couldn't figure out where to go next. (thank goodness for the walkthrough!) No glitches or bugs. I always mute the music so can't comment on that, but I really enjoyed the voice overs. Legion's voice, and that of the mother, were perfect for the characters. I usually skip through voice overs but these were too good to miss. For me, this game should have been a CE and I'm looking forward to a sequel. The game kept my interest, something a straight HOG doesn't always do. I was really sorry to see the game end. Thank you, BF, and especially Ivan and the other developers! 5

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Nov 9, 11 11:48 PM
Hi everyone,

it's fantastic to see so many comments and suggestions!
A game Diary is a good idea. We'll try to have one in our next game!

I'm really glad that most of you like the game. But, also, thanks to those who don't like it - I appreciate to hear criticism and pay more attention to some detail in our next game.

It's good that you like puzzles (minigames): we wanted to have them from easy to really hard.

btw. We enjoyed recording voice-overs for Legion and Mother. We think that both actors did a great job!

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Nov 10, 11 1:31 PM
Played 15 minutes of the demo....not for me! Too dark, unclear as to what I'm supposed to be doing....just didn't like it one bit! Sorry!

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Nov 10, 11 1:32 PM
Played 15 minutes of the demo....not for me! Too dark, unclear as to what I'm supposed to be doing....just didn't like it one bit! Sorry!

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Nov 10, 11 1:32 PM

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 10, 11 4:16 PM

As noted by others, the addition of a diary with photos and additional storyline with thoughts and findings of the POV character would have been great.

That, along with a (preferably interactive) map would have elevated this game tremendously - and sold more, I'm sure.

PapillonMom
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by PapillonMom on Nov 10, 11 7:35 PM
Nice game but way too short

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Nov 11, 11 9:42 AM
Hi everyone

This is a nice little adventure game with puzzle elements, but it is not an HOG game at all. So be warned. However, I like these types of games once in awhile and there is so much to like about this one.

The Plus side:

-different levels of game play from beginning to challenging
- earning various achievements
- challenging puzzles
-intuitive game play
-logical use of items
-interesting graphics and music
- intriguing story
- voice over work and cut scenes

The Minus side

-is very dark looking
-had one minor bug that caused me to have to start over ( interactive help screen would not go away)
-music is just okay

Overall, a good effort and worthy of a credit for sure if you like adventure games

My grades:

Special Features( voiceovers, cutscenes): B+
Graphics: B
Music: C+
Gameplay: B+
Puzzles: A- ( some are hard to understand- the drawer puzzle in the beginning of the game)
HOG scenes: none
Mode of play( hard mode) - A ( excellent and challenging)
Game Issues: minor bug in interactive help menu

Overall Grade: B+

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Nov 11, 11 7:54 PM
I don't know, I guess it's me, but I played this game for about 15 minutes and didn't like it at all. I don't like the graphics and actually felt pretty dumb because I couldn't find a way out to meet Mom in the garden (or wherever). I just didn't get the whole concept. I'll try to find another game before bedtime!!

feenix

[Post New]by sugarcitygirl on Nov 11, 11 9:15 PM
This is the type of game I like. No hand-holding, more freedom to roam, and you can even go back to visit a place even when you've finished all there is in that area! I LOVED that there were lots of puzzles....the more the better. I used to like HOGs a lot more, but they become tiresome if there are too many, so I was fine that this game didn't have any. It kept my interest and like a good book, I couldn't put it down.

I finished the game today...probably a good 4 hours. I liked the challenge of the achievements. It motivated me to try a little harder and take my time to figure things out. For me things worked together very logically so did not get frustrating. Thus, I did not use the hint system or walkthrough once nor did I skip any puzzles, I found all the roses and won all the achievements in Adventure mode! I wish there could have been a little reward, maybe an extra puzzle or something, because it was so exciting to me. haha

I also have to say that I really liked the voice actor for Legion. Scary, but....alluring somehow. Nice job.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 12, 11 1:15 AM
I loved The Strix & Kaptain Brawe but in this new game from Cateia Games, the storyline is very confusing. Initially you wake up in your bedroom, which you mention doesn’t look like yours & have to find your way to the garden to talk to your mother who seems to be a ghost. After speaking to her I am none the wiser; if there was a journal giving a little more explanation that would help, it could also show you any clues you find for use later.

You are given an inventory & a find item list (which as it says shows things to find) & a task list. There are three modes of play; casual with sparkles & a 60 second hint recharge, easy with no sparkles & what seemed to be a 3 minute hint recharge or adventure with no sparkles & no ‘find item’ list. The hint was not very useful as it just highlighted areas that I already knew needed something, a key for a lock for instance.

This is not a conventional hidden object, instead you find objects scattered around the scenes as you play so it is more of a light adventure. In fact I found so many items that my inventory filled up very quickly before I had an idea of what to do with most of the things I found. A bit of a clue on the mini games would be useful as I had to skip a couple simply because I did not know how to solve them.

There are lots of achievements to get & also 21 roses to find, I am always a sucker for this type of thing. In addition I loved the artwork, I got used their style in earlier games, the background sounds & the music, they really suited the game. This is a game that is not too easy & will require some brainwork, excellent

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 12, 11 5:27 AM
Thx DEV's for the outstanding game and all the hard work, you put into this game, I played the demo and Yes I am going to buy this game, I hope to see more games like this one..Thx BF for such a game game..This is one happy fishie today..
I loved everything about the DEV's game..Kuddo's DEV's and BF...

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Nov 12, 11 5:56 AM
Aah-Haa........an Adventure game. That's enough for me.....I'm buying.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 12, 11 10:16 AM
I purchased this game and am really enjoying it. It's an adventure/hog in that you use everything you find. You don't have to find 15 feathers to get a screwdriver for example, you just look for a screwdriver. I absolutely couldn't find the brush and had to go to the walkthrough to find it but most of the items aren't that hard to figure out. That was just because of my poor eyesight. All in all I'm very happy with this game.

rebeccak
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccak on Nov 12, 11 6:40 PM
I bought this game because I enjoyed the developer's previous game Hotel that I had played. This game does not disappoint either, and is challenging partly because there are several different areas in the first part of the game that you are working on all at once. I played adventure mode, and liked that you needed to click on different objects to find out what was important. I also liked that there were no screens with lists of hidden objects to find.

Go to: