Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Regarding the Mac Release for Escape from Ravenhearst

[Post New]by Riquelme on Dec 30, 11 5:59 PM
zowaar wrote:Solice, please respond! This is getting ridiculous in terms of customer service. Of course, you don't have to say something everyday, but a response in this thread would be appreciated.

My list of complaints is getting longer and longer. First, no warning whatsoever that the game would be late, then we Mac-users have to beg for some attention, and I suppose we still will have to pay for the game when (or should I say : IF) it finally comes....

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 30, 11 6:31 PM
zowaar wrote:Solice, please respond! This is getting ridiculous in terms of customer service. Of course, you don't have to say something everyday, but a response in this thread would be appreciated.

My list of complaints is getting longer and longer. First, no warning whatsoever that the game would be late, then we Mac-users have to beg for some attention, and I suppose we still will have to pay for the game when (or should I say : IF) it finally comes....

I believe she's on vacation this week. Maybe she'll have some news for us when she comes back. I doubt it though.

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Jan 4, 12 4:52 PM
Great customer service BFG.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 5, 12 3:02 PM
Wow. The SE is out already and still no MAC version.

I say release it for us long time, old hat MAC-ers and let those Lion users fend for themselves! BwaHahahahahahahahahaha!

Of course, I'm just making a leap that it's Lion that's slowing them up, but how would I know, what with the lack of communication and all.

Edited on 01/05/2012 at 3:06:24 PM PST

[Post New]by TheRinger92091 on Jan 6, 12 10:16 AM
I just re-read Solice's first post on here, and yes, they probably don't have any new news for us, but at least a little explanation or any info would probably cheer us up. I just think it's funny--I was watching a little of the walkthrough--at the credits, one of the characters says "Happy Thanksgiving from Big Fish Games!" I just think it's a little ridiculous that the game is already a few months old and we haven't gotten any word.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Jan 6, 12 10:03 PM
TheRinger92091 wrote:I just re-read Solice's first post on here, and yes, they probably don't have any new news for us, but at least a little explanation or any info would probably cheer us up. I just think it's funny--I was watching a little of the walkthrough--at the credits, one of the characters says "Happy Thanksgiving from Big Fish Games!" I just think it's a little ridiculous that the game is already a few months old and we haven't gotten any word.
I totally agree !! This is getting ridiculous !!

[Post New]by Fisherman253 on Jan 7, 12 9:43 AM
If I have to wait any longer, I will have lost all hope entirely. So much for 2011's game, I guess that i'm just going to have to wait fore 2012's.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Jan 9, 12 10:20 AM
Glad they said they were making MCFER a top priority for MAC users, I think the top priority was to get the PC side the SE version. I remember we had to wait for months for another MCF game but I can't remember which one - oh wait!! maybe all of them.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Jan 10, 12 5:34 PM
bulldog2 wrote:Glad they said they were making MCFER a top priority for MAC users, I think the top priority was to get the PC side the SE version. I remember we had to wait for months for another MCF game but I can't remember which one - oh wait!! maybe all of them.

RTR was the one that took forever to get ported. About 7 months. DG was about 6 weeks. 13S was the only dual release. EFR has now bypassed DG and it heading toward RTR-length wait period. We better get something other than "free" MCF badges when we finally get this game!

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Jan 12, 12 8:19 PM
well just thought I'd check in . See how easy that is to check in. Now if only some folks at Big Fish could do the same and give us an update. Making a mac version doesn't quite feel like a priority as we haven't heard much for about two months. If they are coming across issues like making it Lion friendly or the developers went to Atlantic City and took a wrong turn and they are lost in New Jersey or went on a Twinkie and Dorito binge at a 7-11 and are still coming down off their sugar high ... then tell us. Please. Some news is better than no news.

[Post New]by Fisherman253 on Jan 14, 12 11:47 AM
I have completely given up hope.

I will not waste my time hoping that the game will be out for Mac soon. Just....
Just give it up. It's NOT going to happen.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Jan 16, 12 9:28 AM
it will happen- just long after everyone( well, the present members) has ceased to care & will have moved on to other more rewarding playtime. newbies they may still catch.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 16, 12 1:45 PM
bulldog2 wrote:Glad they said they were making MCFER a top priority for MAC users, I think the top priority was to get the PC side the SE version. I remember we had to wait for months for another MCF game but I can't remember which one - oh wait!! maybe all of them.

They apparently made updating the PC version to include an easier "Casual" experience their top priority. That release happened a month ago. Soooooo?

I find it so hard to believe they found a major issue with the Mac version of this game within hours of the November release. When I think about how we were duped it is so maddening. I just don't think about it much anymore.

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 3:40:19 PM PST

lorelei25
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by lorelei25 on Jan 16, 12 6:23 PM
shorenuf wrote:

They apparently made updating the PC version to include an easier "Casual" experience their top priority. That release happened a month ago. Soooooo?

I find it so hard to believe they found a major issue with the Mac version of this game within hours of the November release. When I think about how we were duped it is so maddening. I just don't think about much anymore.

I keep watching this thread in case they do release the Mac version (so I can recommended it to a friend with a Mac)

Not sure you saw it on the other threads- but that release a month ago to add the 'Casual' setting was buggy as all get out. For the most part, I wish I hadn't re-downloaded the game with that addition.
I wonder if the reason they don't have it out for the Mac is they're debugging it/enhancing it at the same time they're working on fixing the PC version?

Don't know. I do hope Mac folks won't have the bugs the PC folks have had when it does release...

Keeping my fingers crossed.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Jan 16, 12 7:59 PM
Dont' you think it's odd that a moderator doesn't come in here and answer our question, even if they don't know the answer, it would be nice to at least have someone tell us they are still working on it. Maybe they didn't keep there notes from the previous MCF on how to fix it for MAC lol.

[Post New]by dtravis7 on Jan 20, 12 2:47 AM
I can't believe someone from BF can't respond to assure us they are still going to release the game for OSX. I will buy it the second they do.

Please at least let us know what is up Big Fish! There are MANY waiting.

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Jan 20, 12 9:49 AM
Seriously? I havent been on this board for a while.. hoping for some better news... just a hint of something.... Well, at least by tomorrow I will have 2 game credits again, so I can use those IF and when it comes out ..... Sigh..... Guess i'll have to go back to cleaning the house, or doing some mundane chores instead!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Jan 22, 12 9:41 AM
Tomorrow will mark 2 months since PC side got this game and we still have no news, not even a hint of an update. I no longer feel like a top priority, and I no longer care about this game.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 22, 12 9:54 AM
I also no longer care about the latest MCF game. It will be one I get only if I'm given a free coupon code.

I will be spending my credits with companies like BoomZap (today's TGT) who do dual releases. They are sending the message that they respect all their game players.

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 10:00:31 AM PST

GRANDMANONNI
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,005 Posts

[Post New]by GRANDMANONNI on Jan 22, 12 6:52 PM
I also no longer care about this game. I love creepy and scary, but I hate gross. Since gross seems to be the most common word used when describing this game, I'm thinking it's not for me. Sure, I will demo it and if the puzzles are hard, which I love, I might buy the SE with a pcc.

Go to: