addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:Reviews for Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection

[Post New]by addieh on Dec 20, 11 5:52 AM
Well, at first I didn't like this game but after having stuck to it and finished it, I like it.
The graphics are well done, I like the music alot..fitting..and the overall skill level is good.
I'm going to play it again then go on to Exorcist 2.
Happy Gaming, peoples!

LadyIn60s
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LadyIn60s on Dec 20, 11 3:05 PM
Great game for a non CE. Totally held my interest. Great graphics. Good story line if you like ghosts, curses and the like. Music appropriate. Great that it had an advanced mode of play since that is where I am at, can't stand SPARKLES with the easy mode. Love games when there is talking. I wasn't waiting for the end, like lets get this over with all ready. Well worth the time!!! When I thought the game was over,
SURPRISE! This game is better than some of the CE'S that I have played!
ENJOY!!!

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Dec 21, 11 12:10 PM
Great game for a non CE, even has a bonus game.
Nice graphics and puzzles, soundtrack and voice overs good.
Good story and length of play.

Someday, I would like the makers of these games to figure out there is a difference between a Valve, and a Valve Handle.

Thanks BFG!!!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Dec 28, 11 7:13 AM
Just finished playing "Revenge" and overall liked it. As another reviewer mentioned, it was a surprise at the end if you think its over!! I however, do not like the voice overs. I can count on one hand the voices that didn't annoy me! The other thing in this game that annoyed me (I think these are the only two!!) was when the message on the top of the screen stayed there even after you left that scene and went into another. Eventually it disappeared,but still. But it was a good game with a creepy story line, great graphics, and interesting mini-games. I recommend this game thumbs up!!

feenix

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Dec 28, 11 7:34 AM
I just finished reading all the reviews on this game and was thankful that Valdy mentioned the game was Russian. I have noticed reading the credits after the game is over that quite a few games (alot actually!!) (and most of my favorites!), are Russian or Polish((?) Anyway, I think that accounts for some of the confusion in the HOS as to what the name of an object is. Some are really funny. I actually have started a list for example, a "round about" is what I call a carosel, a "dustpan" is a shovel. Just to mention a few. I'm glad Valdy brought up about the game being Russian as I think this may clear up some issues. I hope!

feenix

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 6, 12 2:07 PM
interesting game, it was not an easy game, nice graphics, but the ending got me the most, is doesn't end the way you think, very nicely done.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jan 9, 12 6:19 AM
I liked this game. The hidden object scenes are junk piles, but there are some cute thing to put together. The mini games are good. Graphics are not too dark and the music isn't annoying. The best part are that the hints are so thorough....no need for a strategy guide or constantly having to go to the walkthrough to figure out what to do next. A definite buy for me.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 16, 12 10:45 PM
I had purchased this game during the "Spooky" sale and just had a chance to play. This game is well worth the price. It has what alot of CE games are lacking. The game overall will take approx 6-8 hours depending on your type of game play. This game has a lot of hidden object scenes, some are dark but they aren't that hard to find. I really liked that the developers added the "Epilogue" to the standard edition of the game. The game does take some thought as to what and where to go next but there is a very good walkthrough if you need that extra push.
The game still has a few little glitches as in picking up objects that aren't on your list but when you return to that same spot it has already deducted those objects that were picked up earlier, so you only may have two hidden objects left to find. Also, one object did reappear back in the inventory well after it had been used and was no longer of any use, so don't think your crazy or make yourself crazy trying to figure out where it goes next.
The mini game puzzles were good, nothing too hard that made you frustrated and wanted to skip.
If this is the developers first time out in this genre, I really have to give them a hand and say, "Well done and keep them coming as SE."
I hope you all enjoy the game as much as I did. Happy gaming all!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jan 19, 12 4:50 AM
I missed this one when came out, so I figured, why not? In the last few days there wasn't much released of the games I usually play, and surprise.....surprise....it's a really good game, a bit spooky, but interesting. I have not finished yet, so I cannot give a complete review, so far it's a 4 1/2

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jan 21, 12 2:03 AM
I enjoyed this game, but I would have enjoyed it more if the developers would repair the strange glitches, which include bodyless voices speaking. The body shows up after the dialogue finishes. Weird. The hint system isn't very good either, and the hint button takes a long time to recharge. It just seems to me the game could use some slicking up to make it a really great game.

Most of the HOS are easy enough. I always skip the puzzles, so I don't know how difficult they might be, but they looked like the standard put together some pieces or connect the pipes kind of thing.

There are better games out there, but this one isn't bad. Not bad at all.

Edited on 01/21/2012 at 2:04:36 AM PST

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Jan 27, 12 5:12 PM
OK, here's my review of Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection:

Options: offered were Music, Sound, Full Screen & Wide Screen. Game modes were Casual and Advanced.

Graphics: I didn't really see the grainy scenes like a couple of fishes mentioned. I thought for a dark & "spooky" game, the graphics were good. Sometimes crystal clear graphics are not what you want in dark games. The cutscenes were not impressive to me, however. I felt they could have looked less puppet-like.

Voices/Sounds/Music: Voice-overs were sparse for those who don't like a lot of talking & the sounds seemed good, but not over the top. The music was ok, not obtrusive with the game, but not really special, either.

Minis/HOGS: I played Advanced, and there were a couple minis I would have liked a little extra help on, but I was disappointed that there were "sparkles" to indicate where the HOGs were while on Advanced Mode. I would have liked it better with no help unless I asked.

Game Overall: I liked this game, but I have to agree it seemed a little out-dated and at times, things didn't make a lot of sense. I don't know the dev FlyWheel, but I don't think they did a bad job either. Again, I think it's just cuz I've played so darn many of these **** games now that I'm looking for a little more. I like getting to know the main character (which more often than not is portrayed as "you, the player") plus I like surprises. It's tough to really enjoy a game when you can practically guess each move before you do it. I will say that I enjoyed the epilogue - it almost felt like playing a CE - plus it helped to tie up a couple loose ends. Someone mentioned this was a short game for them, and I just want to say that was NOT the case for me. It took me between 5 to 6 hours to finish.

Recommendation: There were a few spooks in this game, but if gamers don't look at or read the reviews, then I don't understand why they complain about the styles. I wouldn't classify it as a spooky or scary game for the faint-of-heart, but very young players might not like it. I thought it was a good game to sit back and relax with.

Out of 5 stars, I give this one

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Feb 12, 12 9:03 AM
I bought this game after playing the demo which was really good. Had some cute things in the HO parts and seemed like a really fun game. Whoever thinks that spooky has to mean so dark that you can't find a thing needs their head examined. It took numerous tries to find the blue and green stars which I thought were added to inventory but I ended up going back using a hint and randomly clicking the area until the item was revealed...really? Is that supposed to be fun? There were great mini-games and lots to like despite the tired old story, but after the first hour the game degenerated into running around to try to find things that were in the dark...literally. I am very disappointed in this game. I ended up being mad and frustrated and skipping through mini-games and just waiting for hints to find things in the HO scenes that were too dark to deal with any longer.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Mar 9, 12 9:51 AM
Awesome 5 Star game - one of the best I've played so far this year! Wonderfully and creatively developed. Unique and imaginative interactive Hidden Objects scenes and puzzles (I wish they all would be this great). Plenty of hints - if you need them or don't know what to do next. And just when I thought the game was over....surprise.........! Can't imagine how I missed this one when it first can out.

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Apr 1, 12 7:02 PM
Ongoldenpond wrote:Awesome 5 Star game - one of the best I've played so far this year! Wonderfully and creatively developed. Unique and imaginative interactive Hidden Objects scenes and puzzles (I wish they all would be this great). Plenty of hints - if you need them or don't know what to do next. And just when I thought the game was over....surprise.........! Can't imagine how I missed this one when it first can out.

I totally agree! I also 'missed" this one when it came out and have no idea how..I guess maybe with the holidays & all...? But what a jewel! Wow! The game play & length of this game was the best $ I have spent in a long time...and with that ending was akin to a CE..only better than many CEs. Lots of times I find the bonus content lacking and a big let down...I give this game 5 PLUS stars ... I read some remarks about dark scenes...? I didnt have any too dark scenes & had to wonder if we were playing the same game?? Anyway..have spent the weekend playing one of the best games in ages!! Thanks so much to the devs! You really raised the bar!!

[Post New]by CSTYLE on Apr 9, 12 8:11 PM
Good Game
by CSTYLE on Apr 9, 12 7:55 PM
I found myself loving the demo, so I purchased the game. For some reason I stopped playing it and started & finished other games, however, when I came back to this one, it was better (I don"t know why). I was surprised when I thought I finished the game also...so overall I thought that this was a good game & I'm glad I decided to finish it!

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jun 21, 12 5:33 PM
Yeah, well....not fixed! Still getting "HO Test" in HO scene list, still can't see last items listed in HO list...clicked randomly and it when into the list....about 5 times..means ther is something there I can't see.

Screen would start getting sluggish, then I would try to go to another area, when I got there the screen would be completely white...except for some item in the sceen, ie: the cop in the police station, the rabbit by the cemetary gate, the crow by the car...

Every time I would play a puzzle, the screen would freeze on me after a few minutes.
I started saving after every HO, and before every puzzle (pain in the arse)!

NOW....I'm in the tavern and completed a HO scene...BUT my inventory is no longer visible because it shows the treble clef as not having be gotten...only it WILL NOT let me back into the HO to find/get it!!!

So basically I can no longer play the game as I am unable to access my inventory...and it was quite full cuz I had gone to the hospital before I did both HO in the tavern....I'm stuck. I refuse to start over...I've already started over 2X and uninstall/reinstall I can't remember how many times.....

OH, and i tried to trouble shoot the compatibility issue...with Windows XP #2 and #3, it won't open the game, I get an access error.

So, off I go to CS.....I did not read the forums before purchasing...guess I'd better start doing that from now on!!

Not a happy camper..

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Oct 31, 12 11:32 AM
Just got this in the spooky sale, and what a steal it is! I think everything I could say is already in this review thread, but I just wanted to say well done to Fly Wheel Games.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Feb 15, 13 6:23 PM
This is a fun game. Great color, clarity and the graphic's nice. Lot;s and lot's of hidden objects games. The puzzles were interesting. Long but not to long. Good story. Easy and enjoying too.

Go to: