SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Re:Reviews for Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jan 22, 12 9:08 AM
This offering from QuickClick is one of the most artistically beautiful games I have played, the graphics are crisp & clear & the music melodic but unobtrusive, no voiceovers but the dialogue is clickable. Initially you begin in Egypt but then move to other locations & this gives the artists the chance to showcase their work which I cannot praise highly enough.

There are 32 trophies to collect; such as playing a location without a hint or collecting a specified number of items. I love this type of addition to add interest to a game, I was not able to complete all of them but this gives me a great excuse to replay.

The hidden object scenes are splendid, there are interactive items within them & all the objects are suitable for the period/location. There is a plethora of mini games which are part of the flow rather than just being add-ons & they range from the easy to the moderately hard. In addition within the ‘inset’ pictures & mini games you may often find an item that you need to use elsewhere so you have to keep your eyes open.

There are two modes of play, casual which is very easy, the journal will give you the answer to solving the mini games & there are glints within the H0 scenes to help you out. In expert only the H0s have sparkles & there are no glints; I played on this mode as I found casual too easy. Initially you have 5 hints & you have to shoot the figures that pop up to gain more (figures such as mummies or similar).

This game was a joy to play & I highly recommend it for its beauty as well as the quantity of puzzles that are not so hard that you have to skip the majority. It is also very lengthy & if you decide to get the collector’s edition the bonus play took me around 90 minutes so is well worth it.

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Mar 12, 12 7:38 PM
OK, here's my review of Temple of Life:Legend of Four Elements CE:

Options: Included are Full Screen, Widescreen, Game Cursor, High Quality, Volume, & Music. Game modes are Easy & Expert. Only after the main game is played are Developer's Notes (haven't seen too many of this, but liked it), Wallpaper, Secret Mission (bonus game), Art, Music, & Screensavers.

Graphics: I was surprised to hear some fishes say the graphics were grainy. I didn't think they were that bad, but I've seen better details on other games. Most of the scenes were brighter than the majority of spooky games that I play. I was also disappointed in the way-too-simple cutscenes with writing that disappeared before I could finish reading it at a comfortable speed.

Voices/Sounds/Music: No voice-overs, sounds weren't much to rave over, but I did like the music and happy to see that I could download the tunes in the bonus area.

Minis/HOGs: I played the expert mode and was a little disappointed to see sparkles where the HOGs were waiting. I didn't count them, but as the game progressed, there were more & more HOGs. The minigames were not too difficult, plus I discovered in easy mode, there were pictures that floated over the areas where you needed to find an item to complete a goal when you placed the hand icon in that area. I discovered this while playing the bonus game & realized that there was no option to play the bonus in expert.

Game Overall: I couldn't help but notice that most fishes who finished this game enjoyed it. I got the impression that the majority of reviews that didn't like it did not play thru to the end. I played it all the way thru, and for the most part, I had a good time & will play any future games from Quick Click. I enjoyed shooting pop-ups for extra hints, and also like the Trophies for bonuses, but I didn't think it was fair to hide some of the trophy items needed in the HOGs. I wouldn't have known they were there if I hadn't read the SG. Actually had to start the game over in order to collect them.

Recommendation: Nice change from the ordinary, plus I felt the Dev really tried to please the majority players. Good game for everyone.

Out of 5 stars, I give this one

Edited on 03/12/2012 at 7:39:58 PM PST

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Aug 10, 12 6:07 PM
This game was good, but not one of my favorites. I felt each level was exactly the same, just a different location. It was the same puzzles in each place, so I got a little bored. One thing I did enjoy that broke the monotony, was shooting the figures that jumped out at you. The game was well made, great graphics and all, it just didn't excite me personally.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Aug 12, 12 1:38 PM
What a beautiful, creative, interactive game this is! It kept you busy! To gain more hints, you had to shoot the "bad guys." The only neg\ative to the entire game was the continual parade of "bad guys." I was tired of being interrupted so frequently. It was fun at first, but became more and more annoying as the game went on.
The graphics were very special -- beautiful colors, jeweled items, etc. There were many surprises as the game progressed. I was happy I bought the CE version. I assume this is a new development team. Either way, I was impressed!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 18, 12 3:20 PM
good, not great, seemed to take me a long time to get motivated to finish it...or maybe it's just my add kickin in....i just couldn't seem to get into it.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Mar 21, 13 4:26 PM
Like this game as there was so much to do. I had to play it three times but couldn't get all the trophies.

Go to: