Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mountain Crime: Requital

[Post New]by Pixielate on Dec 15, 11 4:33 PM
Good game; kept me entertained. Only one little glitch: when you were in a mini-game, the beginning of the instruction at the top was cover by the 'Menu' button. But no big deal. Thanks for putting out such a good game that is NOT a CE!

Pix

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Dec 16, 11 3:45 AM
what a great game!! I really enjoyed it. The ending puzzled me a bit, but think i may have figured it out.
The story was, as has been said, very Agatha Christie, So good to have a great game without the CE price,
Give it a go, i think you will be pleasantly surprised! i love elevators in the games, and the sky lift was brilliant! terrific graphics, and a couple of jump out my chair moments! well done to the developers and to BF for this gem,

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 16, 11 11:19 AM
I also thought this was a great game except for the ending. I wasn't confused by it, I just didn't like the way it ended. I'm glad I bought it and played it. The gameplay was fun and interesting and the graphics were great.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 16, 11 3:30 PM
I liked the game overall. It has a long game time, lots of twists and suspense in the storyline and the graphics and puzzles are overall pretty decent. Had a shock at the end, but other than that, I would like to see a sequel to this game.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Dec 16, 11 7:57 PM
For a SE I was pleasantly surprised at how good this game was. It also had a decent length, graphics were nice, voices were good, no hidden objects though, I think at least they should have put a few hidden objects in.....but it was still a nice game !! What was up with that ENDING ??

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Dec 16, 11 8:46 PM
W o W !!! What a tremendous surprise!! Bought this one on a whim, without trial or reading reviews, not even knowing it was by my favorite developer... was just trying to use up a bunch of credits before they expired.

I have to say, this is one of the BEST SE games I've ever played!! Lots of running to and fro, but the map turned out to be a lifesaver!! Never had to exit to use a WT, just had to walk away, think a bit, study the inventory, and it all fell together. Graphics were superb and I had no technical problems.

The ending, at first blush, might be construed as abrupt... if you hadn't closely paid attention to the dialog and read all the "notes" throughout ... if you did, it made perfect sense! Not seeing a sequel to this (hope I'm wrong!), but loved it as a stand alone, and will most definitely replay!!

[removed by moderator]

Nothing makes me happier!! Thanks BF!!

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 5:15:50 PM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 17, 11 6:57 AM
Wow – all of a sudden the game developer name is unmentionable???

Anyway, loved the graphics, they were really clear & the artwork was splendid but the animation of the characters is really dodgy, check out the security guards walk. The music was very nice, subtle & suited to the game & I liked the background sounds, the voiceovers of the characters are well done.

There are two modes of play, regular with a 40 second hint recharge & sparkles & when you find the map areas where action is needed are shown, expert with no action areas shown on the map; you can switch off the sparkles in the option menu. It is a shame the map is not interactive as I got very tired of going backwards & forwards to different rooms in the hotel.

You get a journal which has a task list as well as the story which is hilarious in places, spoiler you find out that there is a dangerous armed man on the loose after cuffing a woman to her chair so the male doctor decides that if you make her a cup of tea she will calm down. Give me a break.

The hidden object, rather than being a word list, is a ‘wheel’ of pictures & you have to find all the items to make something useful. There puzzles were mostly easy to solve. I found the custom cursor very clunky to use; often I had to click on the arrows to move to a new scene more than once.

This is more light adventure than H0 & I will probably buy but will wait to see what else is on offer this month as it didn't really grab me.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 18, 11 10:25 AM
Review after finishing the game...
I quite liked it after the technical difficulties were "repaired". I had problems accessing the game after the demo as did others, but the new download fixed the game for me...except one scene where the screen froze but all I had to do was exit to menu then click "play" and was able to continue the game with no other issues.

The graphics were quite pleasing...music/voices - I don't know as I didn't have the speakers on. The puzzles were good. I liked finding the pieces of objects to place into the circle as once completed, the object given/used was quite appropriate to all the pieces collected.

This was quite a long game for me as a SE and I appreciate that! Lots of to-and-fro, back-and-forth which I really enjoy in a game. Hints were helpful, but the "journal" with the tasks and the map were really all that I needed...I didn't look for a walkthrough.

Overall, I was quite impressed with this game....except for the ending scenes!

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on Dec 19, 11 9:53 AM
loved the game

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Dec 19, 11 2:11 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:This is one of the best SE I've seen in awhile. It has everything I look for in a game. Voiceover/Widescreen/2 mode's of difficulty/Able to turn off Sparkles/Sound and Music Controls/Great Graphics/Good Story.

Since they started putting out all the CE's, I hardly look twice at an SE, because they haven't put out the quality of a SE like CE's. But this one is a WINNER! The animations are great and the story seems interesting (Even tho it's the typical car crash scene). I like the hog scene's, there like the one's in the series "Treasure Seeker's", curcular.

In one of the first scene's when you meet this man, watch him walk as he leave's. I laughed so hard, O.K., so some of the animated people are funny when they walk. But it such a great game and at SE prices, you can't beat it. It's a CE quality game with SE prices. Thank BF and Developers. More SE's Please.

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)
Edited for removing the name of game maker. But Thank you to the game maker. I enjoy your games very much!

I completely agree!! I laughed at the way the sheriff walked too!! Really funny!!!

Definitely a buy for me!!

meb28
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mountain Crime: Requital Spoiler Alerts!

[Post New]by meb28 on Dec 19, 11 6:40 PM
Ok the graphics for this game were totally awesome! The rest kind of blew. The story had some holes. (Removed by moderator). Anyhoo, the next problem is the continuous back and forth running you have to do to solve things. It gets irritating after awhile. And once the game froze on me and I had to quit and restart. (Removed by moderator). I can't recommend this game. And I know it's not possible but I'd like my money back I feel it was wasted. And another question what was the point of the wolves?

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 6:47:58 AM PST

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Dec 20, 11 12:52 AM
Awesome Game - old fashioned murder/mystery/thriller with a bit of comedy thrown in...which may have been unintentional. (Charlie deserves an Oscar!) Absolutely loved it - and thanks so much to Bigfish for providing something entertaining - and fresh compared with the endless stream of ghosts, ghouls and demons that I have stopped buying from sheer repetitiveness and boredom. I hope they do another one of these soon. Excellent value for money.

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Dec 21, 11 4:01 PM
Just finished the game-- thoroughly enjoyed it! Great voice-0vers (characters walk and move really funny) good plot and all. Good adventure story-- not many HOGs (just in a circle-- and usually just 6-8 of them at a time). I think I would play this game again-- I didn't run into any problems with it hanging up or anything. Just still not sure about the ending?!? If you like having to figure things out-- this is your game!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Dec 22, 11 5:00 PM
excellent game!!! THE STORY WAS VERY ENJOYABLE...THE LENGTH WAS GREAT! I HAVE NOT ONE COMPLAINT ON THIS GANE AT ALL...VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

hougirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by hougirl on Dec 26, 11 6:44 PM
Good game. I liked this type of object search. It was long, too. Didn't like the ending tho.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Dec 29, 11 5:54 PM
Just finished the game and it was AMAZING!!!

Slightly disappointed with the ending though.

More like this please, Developers and !!!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Dec 30, 11 6:48 AM
Very impressed with this game, it kept my interest all the way through. Well done devs - not putting their name even though it is so well known because the mods keep removing it !! Why????

Lots and lots of areas to visit, good puzzles, fabulous graphics. Not too many hog scenes, more adventure which is what I prefer. Voiceovers were pretty good too.

Game was an exceptionally good length for an SE but I was disappointed with the abrupt ending which left me rather puzzled.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Dec 31, 11 7:07 AM
bought game and enjoyed it. awesome game. good price for a very good game. buy buy buy. off to replay redrum for the umpteenth time. still love the puzzles. maybe replay azada ce too. have fun.

[Post New]by Agentjacket on Dec 31, 11 9:02 PM
I really liked this game. The only downer was the voiceover were bad. But I liked the graphics, the storyline. Hopefully, there will be another game since it ended abruptly. I will admit that there is a lot of things to pick up and task to do. It can get daunting but I liked that part of the game. I give this game five stars of five.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jan 1, 12 2:06 AM
Enjoyed the game very much..agree with all the reviews

Go to: