govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 19, 12 12:20 AM
amj, sounds like you have missed some things at the fountain .

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 19, 12 1:31 AM
I like this game more than "Scratcher's" so far. I like to play slow, so I'm still in the beginning stages. It seems by the post so far...that this on is also a little easier. Well, I'm off to the "Hotel". I'll see you all there.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 1:36 AM
Sarcophagus not (o)esophagus.

If you're talking about the planet puzzle, you need to put the star map together.
There are 8 paper fragments in the astrology section in the library. Double-click on one of them when you have them all.

Note that the alignment of the sarcophagus and the alignment of the star map aren't the same, so use the cartouche quarter-markers for reference.

govols, it seems that you missed something in the wife's drawer. **You should have picked up a little grey bag. It contains the inserts for the spindles.**

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 6:35:32 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 3:12 AM
Warning for Cherb, I now have some items in my inventory that may cause some traumatic memories. i dare only whisper it in very small invisible print, but I have: a cleaning rag (actually some napkins) and cleaning fluid in my inventory I'd suggest you take some calm deep breaths and take it slowly, untill you find a means to get rid of those dreaded items, you have my sympathies.

@amj Have you actually been **in the basement? cause the cart was parked just in front of the basement door and getting access requires a key. As for the smoke detector, you may wanna set it off at some point.**

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 3:29:30 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 3:27 AM
I am reading something about a **planets puzzle ** and I must say I very much consider this a spoiler.

So as a little reminder to all: please white out any context that might be considered a spoiler, this would be highly appreciated, especially by the ones who started their game later

If possible please edit those posts and white out that information as not to spoil the game for those behind you.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 3:33 AM
Noted. See above.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 19, 12 3:39 AM
amj0963 wrote:i am really stuck *i have given the fax to the detective, i have in my inventory, the cart, wire, wrench, copy of fax, camera, phone and i think that is it. i have been to the basement as that is where the cart came from and i have been back in my room and looked at the smoke detector but i can't do anything else* help lol

Hi amj0963,

Have you noticed something on the ground just before the fountain in the courtyard? One of your inventory items will be very helpful with this.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 3:58 AM
Thank you Mr_Russ, I highly appreciate you edited your post.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 4:06 AM
I am stuck myself now. I must have missed something. I am at day three and I am looking for ** the boiler room, since I overheard the conversation in the library. I think I must go behind the statue, but I am still missing an eye. I have the star map assembled and I have the coloured marbles, probably need those later. And I've got some napkins with cleaning fluid, so I am ready to do some cleaning. ** Now I only need to find out where.

@LovetoMissLisa you are absolutely right this game is way easier than Scratches. I am glad you are enjoying it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 4:16 AM
CfG, you're right. I gave you a hint earlier - vandalism in the cellar.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 4:18 AM
Did that already Mr_Russ ** smashed the vase to bits and quite enjoyed doing it , but only found one eye.

ETA ** as I have no longer access to the basement --it is locked now-- I am pretty sure I am done there. **

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 4:20:20 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 4:20 AM
It's ok. I know what you missed. Go back to the library and examine the throne.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 4:30:37 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 19, 12 4:41 AM
Well I am back! Sorry that I started this and then just disappeared Things got a bit hectic yesterday and then my PCs decide to play funny ! So I haven't actually started playing yet.

I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying this game more than Scratches govols.

I have updated the players list so that it is correct again!

Congrats on finishing the game Dialogue

Congrats on the morph hazelize

OK I am going in, see you in the Hotel.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 19, 12 4:45 AM
Thank you, popla. Coffee's on me!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 4:50 AM
@Mr_Russ Okay, now I know were to go, thanks.

@popla I hate it when pc's start to play funny! I hope you got it sorted out and that your monitor is now hooked up.

@hazelize Thanks for the coffee, I take one! And I did notice your morph, I started you a morph thread and paid my congrats in our own thread already.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 4:51:21 AM PST

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 19, 12 6:02 AM
CfG, can't thank you enough. I feel like it's my birthday, without the aging part.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 19, 12 6:37 AM
@CfG - Thanks, I have sorted it out and my monitor is now hooked up. Oh I love it, and any HOG shouldn't be a problem on this, nothing will stay hidden for long!

@hazelize - You're welcome and I would love a coffee thanks!

Well RL took over again and I still haven't played any game! This time I really am going to check in at the Hotel.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 19, 12 6:47 AM
Mr_Russ...sarcophagus !! I'm laughing at myself. And I know better...must have been really tired. I have the ** astrology map pieced together" Thanks.

hazelize...Thanks for the input on the statue puzzle. Appreciate knowing the solution.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 6:50:41 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 6:55 AM
marianne, ** There is a patch of dirt on the armour on the right in the passage. You have to combine the napkin and cleaning fluid and clean it off for the clue to the order of the five blocks.**
** You will need to use the cartouches on sarcophagus and star map to work out where the planets go. **

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 6:56:13 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 19, 12 7:06 AM
Well, I have made it to the sarcophagus. Even with pulling out the chart every few seconds I can't seem to get the marbles lined up right. I keep catching myself turning my head sideways to mentally get the map to line up with the egyptian characters. Still not working. Going to take a break. I am sure I am probably only off by a click or two.

Go to: