unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Secret Order: New Horizon

[Post New]by unknitter on Feb 14, 12 1:46 PM
I demo'd this and put it on my Buy list noted "fun and different with lots to do." The time travel story seemed far-fetched from the start but I usually don't let a story stop me if the gameplay seems like fun. Well, there is a lot to do, but it went downhill from there. l wish I had known it was mostly fixing or operating machinery and working in drab scenes like sewers and construction areas. Not exactly my thing! If it's yours, give it a try. I'm pushing my way through it since I don't like to quit a game without finishing, but it's been a chore and I'll be glad to get to the end and move on.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Mar 4, 12 10:03 AM
Liked the story line, graphics were iffy, I'm not into grunge, my main objection was the small size of the objects to find. No buy for me.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Mar 16, 12 1:08 AM
I beta'd this game and hated it as I couldn't figure out what to do and there was no helpful hint button and I had to end the game early which really made me never want to go near this again however I have a game coupon to burn and they must have listened to what people said because the hint button is A LOT more helpful and the overall story makes more sense. I would love to own this game but the cursor is too floaty for me. I have absolutely no control over it and its the only thing running on my computer. sigh. Also the game kept freezing in parts and I thought at one point Id have to reboot my computer. another sigh. Lastly, the only thing I noticed that was a negative is the cutscenes. It said "click to continue" but when I did that, the entire cut scene ended even though there was more to the scene. I thought it was just going forward because I had read the text and nothing was happening, not preventing me from seeing the rest of the scenes! this game has way too many glitches on my computer for me to buy. Maybe its my computer as I have way too things d/led right now but either way I will have to pass on this one and wait for a daily deal and hopefully by then it plays right. Happy Gaming =)

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Apr 7, 12 6:30 PM
OK, here's my review of The Secret Order: New Horizon:

Options: Offered were Full Screen, Custom Cursor, Brightness, Effects, Music, Ambient. There was only one game mode.

Graphics: Other fishies have described this as gritty or grainy. Many detective/murder books or movies are done this same way, so I thought it was appropriate. Cutscenes were a little too simple.

Voices/Sounds/Music: There wasn't any voice-overs, but the sounds were good, and the music was better than spot-on. I would have loved to own the music!

Minis/HOGs: I wouldn't say the minis were simple, but I only needed to check the WT once to solve one. The HOGs were nothing special, but not as junky as some that I've seen. Also, even tho there were no options as to what level of difficulty to play, the only sparkles were for the HOGs, and they weren't "in your face."

Game Overall: This game is what I refer to as a "sleeper." There were quite a few peeps who were put off by the different type of graphics, no voice-over, etc, but this puppy had something that many games today seem to lack - a real story line. The minigames & HOGs were very much a part of the game, and altho I wish devs would remember that gamers are both male & female, and once again, the main player was a femaie, I was very interested in where the game was taking me & how things would end. The ending also leads me to believe that there is more to come. Also, time travel is a really tricky thing to explain, especially if anything is changed, but if you can go with the flow and hang in there for at least an hour, you won't be disappointed with this one.

Recommendation: Altho the game refers to murder, there is no blood 'n guts to deter the screamish. This is a good game for all players.

Out of 5 stars, I give this one

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 3, 12 3:37 PM
great game, i am so happy i bought this game love the graphics and sounds story line is good..great work dev's kuddo's bf,,thx dev's for all your hard work and time..

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jan 14, 13 12:32 AM
I spent most of the demo not liking the game (grunge, useless hints, etc.), but then it got more interesting. So I'll come back to it, & look for more from this dev.

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 12:33:04 AM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 15, 13 11:58 AM
Bought this as a dd what a deal , this is the third dd I have bought recently that I have enjoyed, maybe I am liking the older games ,less boooms , bangs and sensationalism and more thought out adventure !!!!
Any more games like this from Sunward or are they just into War Games , Brilliant game was sorry when it finished !!!!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 26, 13 8:31 AM
I enjoyed this game because it had a good storyline that held together. It is an adventure lite, combining puzzles, inventory use, and HO scenes. Everything you did was logical. Your nephew appears from the future and you have to change the past in order to save the future. I had to peak at the walkthrough a couple times to figure out what to do in a few puzzles, but I could have figured them out myself if I had wanted. The hint recharges fairly quickly but isn't always the best help. There is no occult involved in this game. After the first scene it's okay for young children but might be a bit advanced for them. Quite a few of the puzzles are mechanically inclined, with gears, making keys, putting things together, etc. I recommend this game, it's an A for storyline, and at least a B for everything else.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Feb 10, 13 10:34 AM
Wow, just finished it, and was pleasantly surprised and impressed!

I loved the urban city feel and atmosphere - a welcome change after all the fantasy or medieval games! Very refreshing.

Also, very nice animations and effects, fun to look at. The HO scenes were a bit bland, but interesting enough, a bit interactive! And I loved all the puzzles/minigames. Especially loved that tablet/diary and the book with the rings that gives you clues. Though the map was a bit useless...

And some great music, also in the cutscenes!

I'm happy I tried this one, though a bit short, but I enjoyed it Only didn't get the end scene - is there a part two coming? Sure feels like it.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 4, 13 1:20 AM
I have to agree with Valdy. The game could have been much better.

I got stuck, with no indication of what to do. Hints were no help. Just pointed to the gate, for example, when I knew what I needed, but couldn't find it. Graphics were mixed - very clear sometimes, and grainy other times. Some objects to find were unidentifiable.

Ditto, plus way too many cut scenes, and a confusing story line.

[Post New]by MejenCa on May 6, 14 7:04 AM
DREADFUL GAME. I really dislike slum/building-site/dark and dingy games and this scores a total 0. Came as part of a bundle I bought, really feel I was conned. The other two games are my style - so why for goodness through this one in!

Go to: