SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 11, 12 2:32 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:
elvenstardragon wrote:
SLVRFX101 wrote:The hint button won't work. And I haven't played in 2 weeks , not sure where I left off, and can't seem to find right place even after looking through the walk through. START OVER?? Oh no

The game is playing fine but I also have a hint button that does'nt work. It has'nt worked all the way through the game and it's taken me a long time to get to the were I am (at the brownstone after using the stork key), and now i'm really stuck. Can't figure out what to do next. Has anyone else having problems with hint button?

I eventually looked at the walkthrough and realised I had'nt picked up some red pills , but it won't let me go back to pick them up, they are no longer there. Anyone know what to do other than starting from scratch?
You should be able to get the red pills at any point, are you sure you didn't get them or are looking in the right places? They're by the Xray machine, in the dummy's mouth, on the operating table and on the sink in the morgue.

Edit: Oh I just realised that all those places are accessible at any time... except for the dummy's mouth. I have heard people say they didn't get the pill from there and couldn't go back, but I never heard this confirmed as a bug.

Edited on 05/11/2012 at 2:33:50 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 11, 12 3:36 AM
workwins, you might want to run some updates on your system to see if this helps. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

elvenstardragon, are you sure you haven't yet picked up those red pills? If they are no longer lying around, is it possible you need to look elsewhere for the remainder of the pills?

I'd recommend backtracking your progress just to see if you can find anything else, the game should allow you to access pretty much every area even though you haven't got anything else to do there.

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by cdhurl on May 15, 12 10:36 PM
I'm having trouble with 2 failed games. First my software and hardware. 2.2Ghz amd cpu, nvidia 6200 256 MB vid card, Directx 9.0c, 1024MB RAM - ddr-1-333 sdram, latest versions of flash player and shockwave, 149 gig left on HD. Now probs with games (both bought at walmart) Escape from ravenhearst SE-just black screen with strange characters at bottom, never loads. Redemption cemetery-curse of the raven-loads but after a few seconds video starts weirding out then game locks up.

Carol21950
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Carol21950 on May 24, 12 6:05 PM
elrondimladris wrote:I had completed the maternity ward item and got the baby when Windows closed the game on an error message. When I returned to the game, (1) I had no baby, (2) I couldn't replay getting the baby, so (3) I've nothing to place in the carriage. Any ideas short of starting the game from the beginning? Thanks in advance.

I have a similar problem, except I shut the game down since I had to go to an appointment. I did not have any error messages, and the game has run perfectly well till this point.

Turned the game back on, and no baby. I didn't realize Little Charles was gone until I got stuck at his house and checked the walk through, and it said to put him in the baby carriage. Checked my inventory, and no baby! After reading the woes of some other fishes here, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. That, of course, didn't help at all.

Of course, it is impossible to go get another Charles. Am I going to have to start completely over again????

Edited on 05/24/2012 at 6:06:16 PM PST

[Post New]by Scoutleader101 on Jun 4, 12 12:51 PM
I have reached the part in the game when I'm attempting to get the Madman Key. I have done everything correctly up to this point (based on following the walkthrough). I placed the five blue pills into the funnel. The mannequin starts to shake. I looked at the device on the wall and clicked one of the red buttons. The left "hammer" swung and a crack appeared in the glass containing the key. However, pushing the buttons again does nothing and I cannot get the right hammer to swing. The key remains locked in the glass.

Any insights other than to start over?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 4, 12 10:08 PM
Scoutleader101 wrote:I have reached the part in the game when I'm attempting to get the Madman Key. I have done everything correctly up to this point (based on following the walkthrough). I placed the five blue pills into the funnel. The mannequin starts to shake. I looked at the device on the wall and clicked one of the red buttons. The left "hammer" swung and a crack appeared in the glass containing the key. However, pushing the buttons again does nothing and I cannot get the right hammer to swing. The key remains locked in the glass.

Hmm... all I can think of is that maybe you didn't put in all five blue pills. Did the patient have a violent reaction and then flatline when you gave the last blue pill? To be sure, go back to all places where the pills are to see if you missed one (mailbox outside Dalimar house, cuckoo clock, under the stairs, by the pie and in the medicine cabinet behind a bottle).

[Post New]by cream1116 on Jul 16, 12 5:02 PM
The problem I'm having is I didnt throw the hose over the fence. By the time I went to the walkthrough for help going back to the fence was impossible. Im going to reinstall but if you happen to skip over something by chance or happenstance how are you able to collect the things you need to go on.

[Post New]by terminator271 on Jul 16, 12 10:44 PM
How am I supposed to keep progressing in the game when items in my inventory are suddenly gone. I reinstalled the game, I even went back and started from the beginning 3 times now, I keep having the same thing happen. This time I followed the walk through to be sure that I am not just missing the items. I took notes on all the items I collected but everytime I get to having to put the blue pills in, 1 ends up missing. This time I checked prior to going back to the hospital to make sure I had all five of the blue pills. I had all five, but then i go to the hospital to put them in and I only have 4. Im frustrated and really dont want to start all over, ive done it too many times already. I also noticed that I am not able to go back and pick up items that I may have overlooked, if I forget to pick something up I would think you could go back and get that item instead of having to start all over

[Post New]by rotten2553 on Oct 14, 12 6:05 AM
I purchased and downloaded this game. When I try to play it says my video card doesn't meet the min. requirements. Here are the stats for my system and video card. I don't see where it doesn't meet the requirements.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MOMSLAPTOP
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Turion(tm) II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.13, 1/25/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name MomsLaptop\Judy
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.26 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.87 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

System Information report written at: 10/14/12 07:51:11
System Name: MOMSLAPTOP
[Display]

Item Value
Name ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9553&SUBSYS_3639103C&REV_00\4&BF44509&0&0010
Adapter Type ATI display adapter (0x9553), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible
Adapter Description ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series
Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)
Installed Drivers atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version 8.635.0.0
INF File oem2.inf (ati2mtag_M9x section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1600 x 900 x 59 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xE0000000-0xEFFFFFFF
I/O Port 0x00007000-0x000070FF
Memory Address 0xF2300000-0xF230FFFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967294
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys (8.1.1.921, 5.76 MB (6,038,016 bytes), 8/5/2009 12:23 AM)

Name LogMeIn Mirror Driver
PNP Device ID ROOT\DISPLAY\0000
Adapter Type Not Available, LogMeIn, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description LogMeIn Mirror Driver
Adapter RAM Not Available
Installed Drivers Not Available
Driver Version 7.1.542.0
INF File lmimirr.inf (lmimirr section)
Color Planes

[Post New]by djk1987 on Nov 6, 12 11:18 AM
i cant get past putting the second letter in the box at the hospital to go into the birthing room.....HELP!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!1

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 6, 12 12:50 PM
djk1987 wrote:i cant get past putting the second letter in the box at the hospital to go into the birthing room.....HELP!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!1
This is triggered by opening the locked fridge in the morgue so that you can't enter a code before you completed all the actions to find the code.

To open the locked fridge you need a 4-digit code, which you can find inside the speaker outside the hospital. Once the fridge is open you can read the 5 toe tags and get your access code for the maternity suite.

[Post New]by jamminjan62 on Nov 8, 12 5:50 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
djk1987 wrote:i cant get past putting the second letter in the box at the hospital to go into the birthing room.....HELP!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!1
This is triggered by opening the locked fridge in the morgue so that you can't enter a code before you completed all the actions to find the code.

To open the locked fridge you need a 4-digit code, which you can find inside the speaker outside the hospital. Once the fridge is open you can read the 5 toe tags and get your access code for the maternity suite.

I am having this same problem, even though I have unlocked the fridge with the 4 digit code from the speaker. I can read all 5 toe tags, and have gotten the access code word from the eye chart. Any other thoughts?

Coronanana
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Coronanana on Nov 24, 12 10:42 AM
I have to thank the tech team for your help in this forum. I opened this game and the screen was shifted to the right and up. I almost gave up and was just going to skip this game until I read this section of the forum. I updated my graphics driver ( it was 3 years out of date) and voila the game works beautifully and looks much better. Thanks for this advice. I didn't think it would make that much difference. Now I suspect all of my games will have this Wow factor. Thanks again.

Edited on 11/24/2012 at 10:43:22 AM PST

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Nov 25, 12 8:46 AM
I'm supposed to use a feather to tickle the mother's foot but I accidently clicked in the wrong spot and it disappeared, so now I can't get the third book. Look's like I have to start over the game

[Post New]by pest2553 on Nov 28, 12 9:32 AM
Scoutleader101 wrote:I have reached the part in the game when I'm attempting to get the Madman Key. I have done everything correctly up to this point (based on following the walkthrough). I placed the five blue pills into the funnel. The mannequin starts to shake. I looked at the device on the wall and clicked one of the red buttons. The left "hammer" swung and a crack appeared in the glass containing the key. However, pushing the buttons again does nothing and I cannot get the right hammer to swing. The key remains locked in the glass.

I'm also having problems with the blue pills. I went to all the places they're supposed to be & the only place that I can go to is the pie. When I click on the pie aagain, the 'sticky fingers' dialog comes up. HELP!

My Inventory Items disappeared

[Post New]by Abelarde on Nov 28, 12 9:02 PM
I'm at the bottom of Abigails bed and went to get the feather to tickle her feet and all my inventory items are gone!! I had a blue pill, the V coin, Sparky dog food, all gone. How do I get them back? I went back but they are not where I found them.

[Post New]by cathys01 on Jan 28, 13 4:28 PM
I had the pick axe in my inventory and used it to get out of the asylum but need it for the rocks and it is gone. How do I get it back ?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 7, 13 2:41 PM
Hi cathys01,

If the pick axe has disappeared from your Inventory, the first thing you can try is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This will often get issues like this straightened out. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the axe is still not showing up, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on and work with you directly to get things resolved. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by janad74 on Apr 19, 13 10:55 PM
I can't change player name. It say master detective and can't delete it or change to new player.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 24, 13 12:04 PM
Hey Fishies,

Just dropping in with a bit of advice!

janad74: I'm sorry to hear that the player name isn't changing properly - that is definitely odd! I would definitely try uninstalling and reinstalling (click on the blue text for instructions). This can sometimes help reorganize the needed game files to help get that working.

twinsoniclab: If you'd like sometimes checking for any video card driver updates can help with issues like this.

If there's still trouble getting the game to work properly one of our Reps from Tech Support will be happy to take a closer look. To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Go to: