[Post New]by Marle1959 on Jan 4, 12 8:41 AM
This is really a great game!

leigh8478
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Reviews for Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by leigh8478 on Jan 4, 12 1:23 PM
Absolutely loved it. Challenging, beautiful, creative, interesting and really, really fun.

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Jan 4, 12 4:55 PM
I love this game and have only played for 30 mins. Graphics, etc. have already been discussed on this forum. I'm picky when it comes to CE games and go for the ones that are clever...this one is just that!

sonband1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sonband1 on Jan 5, 12 3:38 AM
fiestygrl1 wrote:Dragonlady, I did try the hint and all it did was point towards the rock and not where to find the missing pieces. I hope they debug this because it has potential.
Thanks!

sonband1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sonband1 on Jan 5, 12 3:40 AM
Hi it did the same for me solution is use the hint only when you have the item shown and then it will go to the individual pieces. Hope this helped. I think I'm buying this because of the locks looks great.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Jan 5, 12 9:57 AM
This was the best game ever, a little bit of everything, very entertaining. Thanks and Amaranth!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jan 5, 12 11:53 AM
Excellent game.

Nice mix of place items back, find items by word, and find items by fragments.

There was plenty of pickup items as you go, and unlock different doors, with totally varied scenes.

Looks like there "might" be a sequel.

All scenes were very clear.

Between the HINT button and the Strategy Guide, there was a lot of help.

Edited on 01/05/2012 at 11:56:51 AM PST

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jan 5, 12 4:45 PM
Decent game with a good mix of hogs,frogs and puzzles, good voice over, story, soundtrack, and length of play.
However, was disappointed that I was playing the bonus game during the actual game, as this style of hiding bonus game sequences in the actual game is not what I expected from the usual type of CE game which has a Bonus/Sequel game at the end.
Other than that, I liked it.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 5, 12 5:14 PM
Everything beyond the gate in the manor back yard is a bonus chapter that will not be in the SE.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 5:30 PM
I finally finished the game, no technical problems at all, took my time as I was playing on hardcore, still can not wait to see the next game, I will be waiting and I hope is as good as this one.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jan 5, 12 11:16 PM

This joins Shadow Wolf as two of the best games I've played for ages. Funny how you'll get a goodly patch of so-so stuff and then suddenly a bunch of goodies arrive on top of each other.

Lovely graphics, interesting story, lots of variety in the game play, and I like the option of brightening the screen although I didn't need to. And I love, love, LOVE the map!!!! Instead of wearing out my trainers and getting blisters I can just hop from place to place. Why not? It's supposed to be magic!

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Jan 6, 12 8:50 PM
KBEAR2045 wrote:

All in all I am satisfied with my purchase and feel it is well worth the money. The only complaint I have at this time is the full downloadable version (what you buy) was not available when I bought the game. Same problem BFG had with a recent CE. Hope they fix it fast.

When you download a demo..;

Simply go to your Startmenu button..and find the game.[wherever you installed it--]--usually program files..and click Unlock game..

It will then prompt you to enter in your name..pw..ect..And it will unlock..

In other words, downloading the demo..is actually downloading the entire game..

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 6, 12 10:11 PM
KBEAR misunderstood what the gold, silver and bronze locks were for. He (she?) thought they were just in the demo, and when they were still there in the purchased game, thought the incorrect file had been provided for download (not realizing they were meant to be there and that a key was needed to unlock them)

All's well now, and I think KBEAR has finished the game.

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Jan 7, 12 5:35 AM
fiestygrl1 wrote:Had a weird glitch in which some of the pieces of the rock and the lever weren't on my screen. Hubby was playing at the same time and he found them but they weren't on my screen. I couldn't continue since I can't finish those items to move on. Not sure what is up with that but it does look like a very cool game.

Hiya Fishies ~ I am having the same problems, some of the parts I need to find are not showing up, and when I try to use the hint button, to find the parts of the lever in the tree, for example, it only shows me where the iron bars are, and not where the last piece is that I need to put the lever together to open them. When I look in the SG, and compare it to my screen, there's apparently one piece that's missing as it's just not where the SG shows it.

This looks like a very interesting game, and the graphics are beautiful, voice-overs well done, and music is fine, but I will pass on buying this, and wait and see if some of these bugs get fixed. My drivers, etc. are all up-to-date, so it's not a problem with my PC; the glitches are in the game. I was so excited to play this when I first saw the teaser for it, but I have wasted about 30 minutes on this one lever-in-the tree bit, that I am really annoyed with this game, and I can't play any further in the game because I am stuck in the backyard! Please, please Game Dev's, fix all the problems with this game soon, as I would love to keep playing it! Thanks ~

EDIT: One of the Dev's was interested enough in having the glitches worked out in this game to contact me (and, I'm guessing, others who were having problems in certain areas, too), to find out specifically what location, and what the problems were, that kept occurring. I appreciate that; it makes me look forward to other games from these Devs.

I really found this game enchanting! It kept my interest for several reasons: an intriguing story-line, really good graphics, puzzles and HOGs that are challenging enough without being "pull your hair & jump off the roof" frustrating to accomplish. I am also a big fan of the "Dark & Eerie genre (but not gross, like Escape From Ravenhearst). So, I have waited till near the end of the month, will get this and hope that all the glitches have been worked out. Guess I'm too impatient, lol.

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 5:37:13 PM PST

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Jan 7, 12 6:57 PM
almost done and i love this game..different types of hidden objects; hard enough to consult SG but only a few times; great graphics and story- very clever way of putting together hidden object and puzzles. i think it's worth the ce price. one of the few that are...

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jan 8, 12 12:06 PM
Although the game gave you plenty to do and plenty of places to go, I got bored with it very quickly and did not finish the demo hour before deleting it. Part of it may have been the graphics; although they give you the option of lightening the scene in the menu, the graphics were still pretty muddy and I didn't find the storyline all that interesting, probably because it moved so slowly. Not a buy and a CE and probably not as a SE either.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jan 9, 12 12:54 PM
This is the BEST game I have played in a LONG time!! I was SO disappointed when it ended and it was, for me, a very long play game! I can't believe I almost didn't buy it because of the reviews regarding the bonus play bing integrated into the main game. I found I rather quite liked it and got a tremendous sense of satisfaction with each accomplishment. I loved the variety of the puzzles and there were a few that were new to me!! Can't wait for the sequel!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jan 10, 12 9:43 AM
This was a wonderful game! The gameplay was great, especially since I am a fan of FROGs. The graphics didn't fill my widescreen but the artwork was beautiful, in particular, I loved the Enchanted Garden - so clever! Finally a good story that wasn't dark and depressing like that Dorian Gray game - ugh. This was a refreshing change. The map was very useful for remembering each location and quickly moving from one place to another. The game ran flawlessly on my PC and I was disappointed when it came to an end. Very well done. I REALLY hope there is a sequel!!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 10, 12 3:07 PM
WOO HOO...just finished playing the demo and I just LOVE IT ..how COOL is this gem, Soooo FUN !

My budget is so tight because of Christmas, and I said I wasn't going to buy any CE'S for a while, BUT, I just have to get this, the game play is AWESOME .
I have to say, there have been some really GREAT CE'S out, over the past couple of months, and this is one of them.
Any game that offers this much variety in the game play, is in my book, EXCELLENT and a MUST have, and with my collection reaching over 400 games, this one is at the top, with my all time fav's, to play.
It's always an added bonus in the game, to collect extra objects, this one has coins, and some of them are cleverly hidden, along with object peices to find.
I appreciate the developers giving us an option, to make our screens brighter, from within the game, another bonus feature..THANK YOU
So I am VERY excited to buy the full version of this CE, and get started on my magical journey .
From someone who lives for the excitement, of playing a GREAT game, I am in H0G heaven, right now, way to go developers.
Just from the demo I give this one stars, more PLEASE .

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jan 11, 12 7:52 PM
played the demo and was surprised when it ran out of time...but for some reason i am still on the fence. maybe due to having a touch of flu which we passed around my house like a hot potato. am not a huge fan of frogs, but agree they are just one of many types of play here, so maybe i will go ahead and buy, even if just for a way to forget to be a snuffaluffagus for a few hours.

Go to: