Group play for Syberia II.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Group play for Syberia II has started, we welcome more new players!

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 11, 12 9:33 AM
Not bad for my memory then, CfG.
Did you get the clock to run? Ignore my (adjusted) time until you have. I think there's a photo with what the hands have to be set to.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 11, 12 9:45 AM
Yeah, you can tell I know my tools in real life. It's a winch-like thing, not a wench-like thing.

And I think I know what it's for.

But first, I have to get a few things done.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 11, 12 9:57 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
It's got a hook on it and I turn it, but it does nothing so far.
Woo hoo!
I knew someone would. That's not a hook, it's a counterweight.

Look at top middle for where to put the flask.

ROFL Mr_Russ, you can add me to that list. I don't know how many times I tried using the 'hook' to find it really wasn't a hook at all LOL. Fortunately I noticed my cursor change at one point by the actual hook as I moved to the inventory! I didn't see where it changed though so had to do some pixel hunting to find it again!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 11, 12 10:03 AM
Now you know why I was being cryptic about the hook.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 11, 12 10:10 AM
Got the clock running Mr_Russ, that part was easy enough, but letting it chime is an entirely different thing. I do presume it has to make an actual SOUND?
At times Mr Voralberg sort of responds to my fiddling at the clock, looks at his watch but NEVER shows any intend of actual leaving.

ETA never mind, got it figured out. progressing on now.

Edited on 01/11/2012 at 10:14:50 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 11, 12 10:23 AM
Hi guys I thought I would pop in for a progress report as I haven't been around for a couple of days!

I didn't get to play again until last night but have accomplished quite a bit (or at least it feels like it was anyway!) I have **managed to haul the train in, got my berries and am now in the dream world.** I have only walked around since arriving there but have seen the clock! Hoping to jump back in shortly.

Man getting the berries was one stinker of a puzzle! It took some doing but I worked it out in the end. I am quite proud of myself though as I still haven't looked at a WT or UHS, although I did get very tempted!

CfG & djrum it wasn't a rubik cube that Mr_Russ was likening it too, it was a Rude Goldberg puzzle (an overcomplicated mechanism to perform a simple task, I think I got that right ).

I have had some chuckles from reading your posts dj sounds like you are moving into the village, good luck on your quest for coffee!!

Hi XtreemNorth, we would love you to join us, the more the merrier. The great thing about group play is that if you are stuck there are plenty of people to either encourage you along or give little pointers to help. It's not much fun playing a game if you are stuck walking in circles for too long.

Bellsprout I hope you are right about Kate packing underwear in her suitcase at least.

Well done on finishing the game Perheart. I have a feeling I still have quite a lot to do, but I'm enjoying every minute of it, yep even the frustrating minutes too LOL.

It took me a while to get my bearings in the village too sunshinej, you will soon I'm sure.

Hope I haven't missed anyone, sorry if I have, and hope you are all enjoying the game.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 11, 12 11:13 AM
@Popla, thanks for the explanation about the Rude Goldberg puzzle, that makes far more sense. i was responding to Dj calling it a Rubic's puzzle without even checking what a Rude Goldberg was. Yes that was one heck of a puzzle, I even tried to make it more complicated by keeping at it although I had already finished.

I have *managed to get the train in, hans told me in the Dreamworld I had to open oscar's heart I am now trying, seems like oscar is going to sacrifice himself but is there any logic in how to open his heart? I get nowhere with my tries. * have to do some pondering on that one.

Have fun everybody, this game is SO good, I am starting to be afraid it will end too soon.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 11, 12 11:21 AM
It's a person - Ru b e .. Goldberg. Look him up.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 11, 12 11:23 AM
I will Mr_Russ and I will get it right this time: RuBe Goldberg.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 11, 12 11:28 AM
Sorry everyone.

Mr_Russ had it right. I'm the one who messed it up! I apologize.

In addition to being stuck, guess I can't read neither!
Finally, making some progress!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 11, 12 2:02 PM
I managed with * opening oscar heart I now got a Voralbergkey and I am looking for a place to stick it. Apparently the train won't take us any further. * I am calling it a night now Hope to be fresh tomorrow with new inspiration and a keen eye.
This fishie is going to bed now.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 11, 12 4:31 PM
Hi All,

I finished Syberia two days ago and liked the story so much I started Syberia II yesterday. I made it to the monastery.

I just dropped in to say Hello. This is my first time ever playing the Syberia series. It is a beautiful story and a well made adventure game. I'm glad I decided to trust the forums and buy these two games when I saw them. I think I got one of them as a daily deal. I might have paid full price for the second game but it is well worth the money. Playing this game reminds me how much I enjoyed the Myst and Uru series. I hope this one does not turn out to be as heart breaking as they are, but they, too, are beautiful stories.

Back to the game.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jan 11, 12 8:24 PM
CfG, you were so right about the break helping. Also I did more physical work today (in RL) than I usually do; that sometimes shakes up the brain cells. This evening I sat down to play and have left Romansburg. The monastery was tricky in places. I"m hoping to make it through without looking at a walkthrough this time.

Loved both the ride out of the monastery and the ride out of Romansburg. This game is so beautiful, that I don't mind getting stuck and staying in some of the scenes as long as it doesn't last too long. *** Saddened to read of Helena's passing, but at least we got some closure about her. ***

I may play a little more tonight. It's good to hear how everyone is doing.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 12, 12 2:45 AM
@Dialogue, you are so right about Syberia it is a very beautiful game!
I have the feeling though I might need a few Kleenex when I get to the end of the game , but thus far I am loving every minute of it , even it means being stuck for quite some time.
Welcome in our group play and let us know how you fare and if you need help.

@Bellsprout I know what you mean about the ride out of Romansburg, that was some ODD ride out You have another spectaculair way of transportation awaiting you.

Going back in myself now and try to make some progress with leaving the village.

ETA Been very busy with what popla would call: pixel hunting. I am desperately trying to find a place to * stick my Voralberg key in and activate something * I am concentrating at two spots: * the big gate AND the train itself. I mean, why bother to bring the train inside at all if it doesn't have ANY purpose anymore or was it just to save Oscar the walk in the snow * Yup getting a bit frustrated here, back to my pixel hunting.

ETA2 I am starting to see things I am seeing a * Oscar like figure in the ice that covers the ark, do I have to thaw the ice by any chance? * I am SO lost.

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 4:49:24 AM PST

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Jan 12, 12 5:53 AM
Now that I have fed the poor youki enough fish to make him want to hibernate, I will have to figure out how to fish. Glad it is Kate standing at the end of a cold dock and not me.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 12, 12 5:56 AM
I guess youki is in heaven with all the fish you've fed him. Good luck catching your fish, I had some real troubles with it.

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 7:23:18 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 12, 12 6:01 AM
The solution is in this thread, glamma. See my spoiler on page 2.

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 6:06:16 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 12, 12 6:17 AM
I've been going over the village, I don't know how many of times and been going over my inventory items even more times, but still have asbsolutely NO clue what to do. I have in my inventory * one flask full of water, one cork, one prayer wheel, one russian doll AND the Voralberg key. *
Yup absolutely and positively STUCK right now.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 12, 12 6:48 AM
Mmm. The last item is the first used, next to last is later, the first three you're finished with.
My guess is that you need to find someone to talk to.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 12, 12 7:22 AM
Last time I was in the villagers weren't very talkative other than a kind of jibberish. But okay, off to try again. Maybe I find someone willing to talk and preferably so that I can understand.

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 7:25:02 AM PST

Go to: