Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Reviews for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 10, 13 10:33 PM
I basically like dark theme games, however, this one did not hit the wow factor for me. A MAP would have been nice to have because you spend so much time moving from one area, through multiple areas, to get to where you need to be. I was not a fan of the story line, if you can even call it that. Nothing really grabbed me to want to continue and find out what happens. I finished the game and did not even bother with the "extra game play". The story line needs a little bit more work, because some of the aspects of the game, such as the hidden room, or the catacombs under the well, could have been an awesome game experience and it really missed the mark. It honestly felt like I was playing a SE. I'm trying to think of something positive to say, but it's just not happening.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Feb 13, 13 1:52 PM
An alright game.

Not real excited about another 'child in peril' game.

Also kinda felt like the story was not being followed well.

And what is up with bribing the little guy in the box with a sugar cube, then just leaving him there?

Plenty of other HOGs.

This one is a no buy.

Angel

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Aug 26, 13 10:29 PM
I enjoyed this game, really I did. As a package it's very nice. As said above, the animations and voiceover acting are stellar (and I usually hate, hate, hate games with voiceovers--I read lips and they never match what's being said on the animations -or- the actors stink or worse, both).
It had an interesting plot and clear but not easy hidden object scenes.
It was a decent length and had a variety of areas to explore.

That being said, I did find a few things that I didn't really like about the game.
First, there were some inconsistencies and holes in the plot. There were elements there that could have been more developed or explored that were just left dangling, and some downright contradictions. The time frame seemed a bit off--how does a house become so rundown while the child who was born there is barely tween-age? And all the back-and-forthing with no map. It was sort of tiring and frustrating sometimes. And then we have the mini-games. If you can call them that. I didn't spend more than 5 minutes on any of them, and felt a bit letdown by the lack of quality and originality there.
I would recommend this game to those who can't get enough scary HOA games and those who just enjoy a game for the graphics, music and atmosphere and don't much care if the plot works. If you can't stand doing without a map, think twice. This game sprawls all over the place and you have to find your own way around.

Go to: