Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Jan 25, 12 6:21 PM
I'm having the same problem. The music sounds like that game might be interesting. It would be nice if it would load.

cbwooood wrote:I have the same problem as LWensel---game downloads fine---brings up developer page and says its loading then a cursor on just a white page--uninstalled and re-installed with same problem

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by moffy1 on Jan 25, 12 8:09 PM
have re downloaded trial, finally got iron key to open gate after re download but then stuck again as pitcher wouldn't fill at brook.Am done and dusted with this game will definitely not buy it.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 26, 12 1:08 AM
Hi everyone,

For those of you having trouble picking up the orange, tear-drop shaped gem, please get in touch with our Tech Support team.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers.

Those of you experiencing crashes or a blank screen at start up (while still hearing music), please try updating your video card drivers as a first troubleshooting step to try and get this fixed.

Instructions can be found in the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you run into trouble updating your drivers, or if this didn't help, please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support as described above, so the issue can be further looked into. Make sure to forward a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 1:08:54 AM PST

cinfin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinfin on Jan 26, 12 8:23 AM
The glass cutter will not cut the glass.

[Post New]by Phthon on Jan 26, 12 10:51 AM
cinfin wrote:The glass cutter will not cut the glass.

Ditto. It cut twice on the yellow sheet of glass but will not cut the red sheet.

[Post New]by ChrissyDarlin on Jan 26, 12 8:40 PM
Hello,
I really love this type of game but unfortunately i am having difficulty with this and a few others where I cant see my cursor. I have tried clicking the box (after about 10 minutes trying to click on it) that enables system cursor and I am yet still unable to see my cursor. I was really looking forward to this game.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I sure hope so.

Thanks for your time,
Christine ~

[Post New]by goldndragn on Jan 26, 12 10:22 PM
I can't seem to get the Magic Soil to sift; I've spent half an hour on that one part and still have no clue why it hasn't shown me anything. I just bought the CE, after trying the demo, and am now stuck.

Is this a known problem?

TIA

gerrien
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gerrien on Jan 26, 12 11:17 PM
Sherryah wrote:Voices what Voices? I hear music, there is no option for voices. I am playing the demo and the girl talked but only in text not in a voice. Others are saying there are voices do I have to buy the game to get to hear the voices? I have sounds all the way up in options. Anyone else having this problem? If so please tell me how to get voices. I am not paying CE price without voices. I do love the fact this is not hidden objects game like the usually junk pile, I love more adventure and interactive stuff to do. Please someone tell me why I have no voices? It downloaded easy, installed easy, I have vista, and all sounds are heard clearly except no voices. grrrr
EDIT
Sorry the game does have voices! Just not many of them. Odd they didn't give the characters we meet any voice of speech. I bought the game but really hope the Devs next time will give more speech in the games to the characters we meet. Graphics thus far are not anything special more static I have seen games with much better graphics. The story grabbed me and I do like more adventure than hidden object so I bought the game.

gerrien
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gerrien on Jan 26, 12 11:30 PM
There are no voices in this game that I know of. It just has the part you read when they talk. I turn off the music because it gets annoying. I have the game sounds on though and there are no voices.
Good luck!

My problem is that I am in the village and can only go to the women who gave me the spell book and the general store owner. When I click on the help button it says to find someone else, but there is no one else. Do I need to delete and reload the game or am I missing something? Please help. Love this game. Not having any other glitchy problems. I never have with your games. Guess I'm lucky. Thanks for your help!

gerrien
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gerrien on Jan 26, 12 11:41 PM
I do not have voices. I turn off the music because it annoys me. I keep the game sounds on. When the characters talk I have to read what they say so I think you are okay. You shouldn't be hearing voices in your head! (sorry, couldn't help the pun)

I do have 1 problem. I am stuck in the part in the village where I have gotten the spell book from the one lady. It says I need funnels. The only other person is the shop keeper. When I press the help button it says there is someone else I can get them from. I can not find anywhere else open. Do I nead to reload the game or what. Please help. I love your games and luckily have not had any of the glitchy type problems others are talking about. Thankfully. Love the game.

Gerrien (or as my red hatters call me, Contessa GerBear)

gerrien
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gerrien on Jan 27, 12 12:08 AM
I went back to the game after about 6 hours and the shopkeeper had a box with the funnels. I woke up the Treant with the potion and he did talk. I was surprised. There are voices in the game. For the guys from Gamefish, I don't need your help afterall. Thanks anyway. Hopefully it'll keep on working.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 27, 12 3:05 AM
Hi everyone,

Great news! We have an update available for Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition which should fix the issues some of you have been experiencing.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to apply this new version.

For more information, please check the below announcement:

UPDATE! New Version of Otherworld: Spring of Shadows CE Available today! Jan 27th, 2012

As many issues should have now been fixed, I'm going ahead and lock this thread. If you continue to have trouble with picking up this item, please repost your issue in the new tech thread over here.

I can then also suggest getting in touch with with our Tech Support.

Thank you for your patience!

bfgRhone

Go to: