abdulz69
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by abdulz69 on Feb 9, 12 3:05 PM
I Updated the game, started over using a new name and guess what. It was a total waste of time. Still no Dr. Doyal to give the branding iron to. What a major disappointment. Several days ago I asked Customer Service if there was going to be a fix for this problem, and they said that the issue was being worked on. Yadah, yadah, yadah! I guess the developer isn't concerned, or does not know how to fix the problem. Okay, but you can be very certain that I will not purchase any more of their games.

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by Hot_Chili_Chips on Feb 11, 12 8:27 AM
Mystery_Fan wrote:My computer locks up after playing the game for just a few minutes and I have to shut of the PC. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game - no change. I am running W7 on a pretty high-end Alienware workstation. I can run the game fine on an older XP machine, but it is a bit slow. I'd like to get the game to run on my gaming machine.

Hi! I had this problem too. I run two AMD cards in crossfire mode. I've found that if I disable crossfire while playing this game it runs fine, i.e. no freeze/crash. I have played all the way through now, and game has run fine. Hope this works for others.

[Post New]by LillieLovey on Feb 11, 12 9:02 PM
Paintedspoon wrote:Have the same problem as Reggiesmum. Hope there is something they can do about this as this is a terrific game.
This is the same problem I have. I met Ford, i went up stairs, I couldn't get the book out of the bookcase and then I went down stairs and now it won't let me back in the house! what do I do?

[Post New]by SlartyBartfast on Feb 12, 12 7:02 AM
LillieLovey wrote:
Paintedspoon wrote:Have the same problem as Reggiesmum. Hope there is something they can do about this as this is a terrific game.
This is the same problem I have. I met Ford, i went up stairs, I couldn't get the book out of the bookcase and then I went down stairs and now it won't let me back in the house! what do I do?

I downloaded the new version and am having the same problem.

[Post New]by jojo2010 on Feb 13, 12 7:29 AM
Had the same problem with the 2 cards missing - they never went to the inventory after receiving them from Houdini in the circus scene. Had to restart game.

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lovintnt on Feb 13, 12 12:30 PM
I purchased this game AFTER the update and am having the Mr. Doyle problem. This is very frustrating. I do not want to start over. I want it to work as promised!

[Post New]by forsynthia on Feb 15, 12 5:35 PM
I was taken back to the mansion. I decided to look at the place where the fog was before, and it said I needed light. I think somehow this screwed me up b/c of the glitch in the game. I should've went straight to the manor entrance. Maybe it would've worked then, but instead, the fog reappeared and I was absolute STUCK! I don't want to restart this game since I don't have that much time to go through it again. I'm pretty peeved about reaching this far and the game stopping me in my tracks. I enjoyed it every night I played it up until the glitch. I want my money back! No other way around it!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 18, 12 11:04 AM
Hi fishies,

Just in case you missed bfgCimarron's post on the previous page, we recently released an update for this game that resolves the crashing issue that was resulting in a 'Debug' error, as well as the 'Mr. Doyle' progression block.

For more information on how to get the newest version of this game, please click on the following link:

UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 2012

To monitor any technical issues that are specific to the newest build, we will be locking this thread.

Please feel free to post any issues that you continue to experience (including the missing 2 cards issue) in the new 'Tech Issues' thread and/or by contacting Tech Support.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 11:08:26 AM PST

Go to: