the scarab puzzle

MN_BadGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:the scarab puzzle

[Post New]by MN_BadGirl on Feb 12, 12 7:35 PM
I ended up drawing out the board. then I used arrows for the scarabs that didn't move and numbers on the outside of the drawing for how many stones needed to be lit so I could figure out which stones didn't need one of the moveable ones to stay lit.

Then I started slowly moving the movable ones around and it only took me a few minutes to get them all lit.

I wish I would have used this on the first scarab puzzle so I would not have wasted a skip...lol

Good luck. I even tried looking online for a walkthrough but never did find an accurate one with the scarab puzzle.

[Post New]by ralphdobins on Feb 13, 12 3:40 PM
stuck for days still no answer how this works skip buttons would help very frustrated with this one big disappointment wouldnt recommend it

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on Feb 14, 12 8:31 AM
I am so disapointed to It is to dofficult for me I wish I could get my money back I love this game but its far to hard for me Only on tou round ten and cant go any further Val

[Post New]by tisherself1 on Feb 14, 12 1:35 PM
duckyquack wrote:I agree you should be able to skip these games if you want to without a skip button. Very unhappy with this part! You think big fish even reads our comments? It is a waste of time and money when you cannot advance in a game, I cannot get past the scarab game and cannot go on with the rest of the game!
[b]

I sent Big Fish an email last week and no one responded so guess that don't give a darn. Stuck on the scrabs at 41 can't go forward.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 14, 12 4:23 PM
Hi fishies,

Great news! We've just released an update for this game that makes the scarab mini-games easier to complete.

We apologize for the trouble. For more information on how to get the newest version of this game, please click on the following link:

UPDATE! New version available for Big City Adventure: London Classic! Feb. 14, 2012

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 4:53:17 PM PST

hampsterp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by hampsterp on Feb 21, 12 11:59 AM
Not happy either. Need more skips. .

lch217
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lch217 on Mar 11, 12 9:45 AM
I have made it thru all 5 scarab puzzles to end of game! Once I figured out how to "work" it, it was NOT so bad! I put the first one on pause so could still see it in background and then roughly drew it on paper, figured out how to.point scarab heads/arrow heads to the correct number of dots, and then went back to game and completed puzzle. These puzzles are challenging but thats what is good to stitmulate the mind. Some of the other Big City games are more difficult to find the objects maybe, but then the puzzles are NOT as challenging.

[Post New]by cookiescrumbs on Mar 25, 12 2:23 PM
What are we doing here, this games is driving me nuts!!!! Te games in the past for big city adventure where so much easier/fun, but this is crazy. HELP US BIG FISH!!

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Apr 1, 12 12:47 PM
@hampsterp & cookiecrumbs: Did you not see the message from bfgHondo dated Feb 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM? Big Fish has heard our cries & added more Skips to the game as well as re-done the safe door puzzle & made the scarab one easier to do. I personally never had a problem with the safe (& actually preferred it the original way) but like 99.9% of the others in this forum, the scarab puzzle had me tearing my hair out. I consider myself a really good puzzle solver but after playing London Classic 14 times, I only "got" the scarab puzzle 3 times & that was simply dumb luck. Thankfully I had been able to hold onto that 1 all-important Skip all the way through to the scarab puzzle at the end so I could use it there (even though the boxes on the cart had me a little stumped a couple times too).

At any rate, just uninstall your game & then re-install it & your life (like mine) will greatly improve!!

skhouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by skhouse on May 7, 12 10:05 AM
After finally reading the instructions carefully, this puzzle was very easy! I struggled with it far too long (stubborn me) before re-reading the instructions and paying attention to the scarabs! <sigh>

[Post New]by ugobunnys on Jul 31, 12 1:09 PM
HELP cant solve 1st puzzle

fustrated

Edited on 07/31/2012 at 1:09:56 PM PST

[Post New]by ugobunnys on Jul 31, 12 1:11 PM
ugobunnys wrote:HELP cant solve 1st puzzle

fustrated

[Post New]by spelflicka on Sep 3, 12 7:48 AM
Another SPOILER ALERT --

Unitone's post wasn't totally clear to me, so my hubby helped me figure it out by using the guidelines of Unitone's post. Here's how hubby described it to me:

- Each group of lights (one, two or three lights) needs to have the corresponding number of arrows pointing to it. One light needs one arrow pointing to it, two lights need two arrows pointing to it etc. Then those lights will come on.

- The number of arrows include both the stationary ones on the stone scarabs and the movable ones. It can be all stone arrows, all movable or a combination of both.

- Take out the easy one's first, so that there's not that many to choose from when it gets hard.

- First, look at the "groups" with only one light. If it already has the arrow of a stone scarab pointing to it, it's already lit. Same thing if a group of two lights have two stone scarabs pointing to it, etc. They're taken care of.

- Second, look to see if there's a movable arrow that can only point to one single light group (meaning that in all the directions it can point, only one direction has a light group in it's way). Since that all it can do, point it that way. Now that's taken care of.

- Third, look at the groups that only need one more arrow to be done, i.e: a two-group that already has one stone arrow pointing to it, or a three-group that has two stone arrows pointing to it. Start experimenting by turning movable arrows to complete those groups until those lights you want come on.

I hope this is clear to those still having problems. The first one I solved by playing around with it, but when they added more moveable scarabs it became too hard without actually knowing how to solve it.

loonda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by loonda on Feb 20, 13 7:20 PM
Thank you Aurora 3. i was agreeing with the other posts about what crap the scarab puzzle was until i read your post. It's exactly what i needed. i think. Got through puzzle 2. Not looking forward to 3 but just maybe i can do it without a skip.

Thanks again!

Go to: