ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

Re:Reviews for Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ark161 on Feb 20, 12 2:14 PM
i disliked the cat in the beginning of the game and might delete not pleased thanks for listening to my review ark161

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 2:14:33 PM PST

avueik
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by avueik on Feb 20, 12 5:50 PM
I played the demo, and I really liked the game! I can do without people talking constantly in a game. I skip through them. I like the back and forth with the inventory, have to remember where you need to use it. I might buy on a DD or game sale. It seems like a pretty quick game.

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Feb 21, 12 8:41 PM
AWESOME GAME!!!!!! KEEP THESE ONES COMING!!!!!

CatfishT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CatfishT on Feb 23, 12 8:16 PM
There have been some awesome reviews. Thanks so much for taking the time.

I was very excited about this game as a self proclaimed cat lady. (I have a self imposed limit of two). I cannot see anything that makes this CE worthy. I was hoping others in the forum would mention some super, awesome thing that I missed, but alas, many others find it just so-so as well.

Here are my negatives.
Fuzzy graphics and dark water color looking scenes.
Sound - I've decided I hate the rain storm sound effects. They have been overdone in my opinion.
Too many HOS which were junk piles and puzzles were too easy.
Too much back and forth

Positives:
Intriguing story line.
I liked the cat for the hint button and how he follows the moth.

By the way - Developers? Can we please have some different items in the HOS? I swear there are bats, spiders, irons, umbrellas, fans and feathers in every one.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Feb 24, 12 11:58 PM
this game is not worth the CE price you don't even need the SG for the game is just to easy you know where everything goes. You just run around in a big circle to find HO scenes most your inventory comes from them. The hint button tells you where you need to go or do so the SG is useless. So tell me Big Fish what are we paying CE price for there is so much missing from this game daily deals have more then this game has way way to much missing for 13.99 maybe when it comes out DD then I'll purchase the game but not before.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Feb 29, 12 11:20 PM
The black kitten is O.K. Yeah!!! Now I really liked the game! Had a good time, wasn't especially hard, good graphics, mini-games O.K. HOS were easy. I feel alot better since I played the bonus game!!

feenix

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Feb 29, 12 11:26 PM
Thanks burf90 - if I had gone back and read the reviews later, my mind would have been at ease. Thanks for the info!!

feenix

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 2, 12 11:32 AM
feenix2011 wrote:Thanks burf90 - if I had gone back and read the reviews later, my mind would have been at ease. Thanks for the info!!

feenix

You're welcome, Feenix2011! I have a pile of of my own, so I can appreciate your concern.

[Post New]by applepeachjicama on Apr 23, 12 10:08 AM
I loved this game. Loved the cat story. Different and cute. The game is easy in a good way. Nice and relaxing to play. I loved the puzzles at the cat fountain...especially the jigsaw puzzles. It was also nice that that is where the story unfolds. Very well done. There was a lot of back and forth especially as the game progresses and new areas open up you go from the farthest point to the other farthest point, which was a little aggravating, but I still highly recommend this game.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 15, 12 6:15 AM

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 5:20:47 AM PST

Malekitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Malekitty on Jul 12, 13 8:59 PM
Spoiler Alert : Ending

At the end of the bonus chapter, the villain gets away. Again. Presumably to return in a sequel in some other town to threaten the cat population? Come on, Big Fish Games, be original for once and kill off your villain at the end of the game. Please.

Go to: