Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by sweetsocks on Apr 3, 12 1:21 PM
Darcy3 wrote:when I returned to the shopkeeper after speaking to the old lady there was no box on the counter. this means that i cant get the funnels i need. is there anything I can do? I really dont want to start the game from the beginning.

I've just encountered the same problem. Has anyone managed to get past this?

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 14, 12 7:46 AM
Same problem two months later...gems will not be placed in screenshot to create the locket...on both CE and SE
Tried four times of uninstall and reinstall, everything mentioned and prior sent a drfelixfix...just a 'no buy'!

rafka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by rafka on Apr 29, 12 12:03 PM
I keep crashing at the lake with the hobgoblin - I think the kelpie is supposed to do something but I never get past it. My screen freezes and I have to cold start my machine. Anyone else having this? I searched the forum but didn't see anything about this problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm tired of making a coat for that hobgoblin!

[Post New]by LazyBird68 on May 17, 12 10:18 AM
I want a refund for this game as I've waited 3 months for a fix and it hasn't happened, Can someone tell me who I need to speak to about this because I feel like I'm going round in circles trying to find out how to do it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 17, 12 12:37 PM
Hi LazyBird68,

You can get in touch with our Billing Support team by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket. One of our reps will be happy to take care of this for you.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by kat251172 on May 17, 12 3:15 PM
Again same as other users blank white screen

[Post New]by Laelow on May 18, 12 6:01 AM
Hi there,
I'm having problems getting the funnels from the general store - there's meant to be a box on the counter but it's not there!

What can I do about it please? Is there a patch available? Loving the game and want to continue!

[Post New]by otyro7 on Jun 20, 12 2:37 PM
Hi I have tried downloading this game and I got an access violation error it would not even let me open the game on several occasions.

I followed all the normal procedures :

Uninstalled / Reinstalled
Ran as administrator
Ran in a different operating system
My video driver is up to date
Have all the latest in flash drives
I have plenty of memory on hard drive

But nothing worked still continuously gives me this access violation error. So then I thought maybe it has nothing to do my computer or BFG it must be the game producers so I tested this theory and downloaded another of their games Death under a Tuscan Sky and lone behold I got an access violation error on this game too so I thought I had found the problem .....but then I decided I would try downloading Otherworld from a different gaming site and it actually worked ?!?!!?!?

I played the whole game and bought it from the same particular gaming site I had downloaded it from and I am now in the process of downloading Death under a Tuscan Sky from them !!!! This is very disappointing BFG as a monthly member of yours!!! I normally do enjoy this website but these particular games would not work for me but they did work when downloaded from a different gaming site I think that is unacceptable from a gaming site of your standard

3ll3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by 3ll3 on Aug 3, 12 11:19 PM
Had issues with the funnels too. Uninstalled/reinstalled, computer is less than a yr. old, updated all Adobe files (from the Adobe site) yesterday, and after hours upon hours of continuous play, I have to shut the game down. Love BF and the developers earlier games, i.e. Awakening series, but am absolutely shocked this issue goes back to at least April with no patch. Truly disappointing Have followed the link BF suggested to inform them and request my money back to buy a different game from them (but definitely not from this developer). Way too many issues with this game (the funnels were the last straw). Did I miss something? Is this a Beta version!?!?!?!?

[Post New]by anncharles on Aug 30, 12 6:40 AM
misty5 wrote:I'm somewhere near the end of the game and have just run into my first tech issue. When cutting the stained glass pieces with the glass cutter, all went fine until about the fourth pattern and now it stopped working. I've tried cutting the same piece at least 20 times, but it won't cut. The hint button just keeps signaling me to cut that piece (really?!) and unfortunately, there's no SKIP option for this task. Has anyone else had the same problem or know of a fix? These buggy games are really getting tiresome...........................

i am also getting fed up trying to cut glass have same trouble as you but am only on 2nd piece. how did you get passed this

b2u4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Otherworld: Spring of Shadows - Final part

[Post New]by b2u4 on Oct 17, 12 4:11 PM
I have thrown the magic potion onto the Shade and have been clicking the magic in Reverse - but it goes on & on & on. When I checked a walkthrough for the CE, you only have to do this 4 times.
I have the SE but still, this reversing gets really boring. I have done this for a minimum of 7 times and it keeps wanting me to reverse again...
I should have the last flower for the locket by now.
-- What gives????????????
----------------FOUND OUT - EACH TIME you Reverse the code... You Hit Shade with the Magic Potion

--- I have noticed small almost problems a few times but nothing that stopped me from playing. My only problem was going back & forth when I missed seeing a gem or something else I needed....................

Edited on 10/19/2012 at 4:09:22 PM PST

b2u4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by b2u4 on Oct 17, 12 4:17 PM
anncharles wrote:
misty5 wrote:I'm somewhere near the end of the game and have just run into my first tech issue. When cutting the stained glass pieces with the glass cutter, all went fine until about the fourth pattern and now it stopped working. I've tried cutting the same piece at least 20 times, but it won't cut. The hint button just keeps signaling me to cut that piece (really?!) and unfortunately, there's no SKIP option for this task. Has anyone else had the same problem or know of a fix? These buggy games are really getting tiresome...........................

i am also getting fed up trying to cut glass have same trouble as you but am only on 2nd piece. how did you get passed this

I had problems like that also - until I read that you have to click the Black Lines -
Always cut the Black lines...
If you've tried that, you will need to check with tech support.

Freya06
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Freya06 on Feb 23, 13 8:26 AM
I'm in the cave and took the 3 marbles from the Hobgoblin but they come up with a message 1 out of 3 when the stone shows that I just need the 3 that I have but the game won't let me use them. I can't get any further until I can use them! Please help.

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Feb 23, 13 6:37 PM
pendle_witch wrote:I can't seem to put the gems in the statue - it won't let me.I also noticed the girl isn't lining up in the water bowl in the garden.

I have un-installed and re-installed the game but it is still the same. Can anyone help please?

ditto.. tried clicking everywhere, tried clicking with hint... to no avail

[Post New]by cajela on Feb 23, 13 10:22 PM
sunnyrocks wrote:
Krissy41 wrote:

Yes I'm having the same problem, they all went fine until I tried to cut the wing on the creature and it won't cut period. I keep tracing and tracing and tracing and I let go of the cutter and it pops back down into the inventory...Frustrating is not the word...grrrrrrrr!!

Same problem here, very annoyed, I'm going to report problem since no one seems to have the answer.

And me - exact same spot.

[Post New]by friendsafire on Feb 24, 13 9:48 AM
Actually glad to find out the funnel issue isn't just me missing a clue! That being said, I'm also a bit miffed that such an issue has gone on for so long without a fix by BF developers.

I bought this on a whim without playing the demo. So much for whims....

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Mar 7, 13 11:39 AM
I see many fishes have complained about a white screen. When the game starts up for me the screen is totally black. I get music & the game curser. I tried escaping & then did the 'CAD' & it still didn't want to give me control. Thought I was going to have to do the dreaded hard shut down. I don't think I'll try again...

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on May 19, 13 10:26 PM
Tried this game when the CE first came out but needed to wait for the SE which I finally got this past April ..First off It started up fine (the SE) and the next time all I got was the black screen with game curser and music playing :/

Anyway I had just bought 'Otherworld: Omens of Summer ' and really wanted to play Spring of Shadows first, soooo I went to Big Fish Tech hints and such and played Spring of Shadows as administrator and just completed it ...well worth the trouble and enjoyed the game very much..
I had to do the Administrator thing with another game, but if it is a good game I think it was worth my time to go to the trouble of running admin. (but still a aggravation)

[Post New]by maymouse on Aug 6, 13 6:34 PM
In Curio shop and the box doesn't appear for the funnels (went thorugh walkthrough to see what I was missing) . I'm now at a dead stand still in the game. HELP!!

[Post New]by Lyrianonly on Aug 11, 13 1:35 PM
Not sure if this will do any good, but when playing in hardcore mode, I could not get into the chapel. I followed the walkthrough and I can get all the symbols to glow, yet nothing happens. It doesn't matter if I use all six buttons or not.

I love this game, especially playing in hardcore mode where you can earn so many achievements. Super fun and I haven't encountered any other problems. When I play again, I will reinstall and hope there has been a fix.

Go to: