minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Mar 20, 12 8:52 PM
I absolutely loved this game. The only problem being that i got to the final chapter in the hour trial. Some people spoke of a 30 minute trial but i managed to keep playing for the full hour but got to chapter 4. Unfortunately i know by looking at the walkthrough that i probably have about 15-20 minutes of play left so i will not be purchasing it for this reason

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Apr 11, 12 7:08 PM
I LOVED this game - wish it had been twice as long though! If you only played the demo, you didn't get to the more challenging puzzles. I'm waaay past being a child and loved every bit of this game. I'm with Cherbtoo - please put out more of these! Great variety of things to do - liked it all. Thank you!!!

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Apr 15, 12 9:38 AM
Loved, loved, loved this game. So many different things to do. Can't begin to say how much enjoyment I got from it. I especially loved the mechanical puzzles. And the association HOG scenes. Kudos to the developers. More like this pretty please.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 19, 12 10:24 AM
Surprisingly good, fun and unique game! Contrary to some reviews, this is not just for kids. I found it charming, imaginative and challenging at times.Despite some obvious glitches like losing some inventory items and shortness of duration, I faound it quite enjoyable and have played it several times. Ran into some problems on my first run through and had to start over. Creating a new profile the second time seemed to have done the trick and had no more problems.

"Would I like to save some more Kingdoms?" You betcha Developers. Only this time make sure there are no glitches and make the games LONGER, PLEASE!!

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Apr 19, 12 4:13 PM
Fun, fun game. Great way to unwind after a long day. No dark and dire stuff, just light hearted entertainment. My only complaint is that it was much too short. It would be great as a DD though.

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Apr 19, 12 4:13 PM
Fun, fun game. Great way to unwind after a long day. No dark and dire stuff, just light hearted entertainment. My only complaint is that it was much too short. It would be great as a DD though.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Apr 21, 12 7:37 AM
I love this game. The graphics are in the same vein as the Alice In Wonderland one that was out about 2 years ago - - very cartoony!

A lovely game, not challenging particularly but very good fun. I agree with previous posts, probably a great one to play with the kids.....or have a couple of whiskies and do it yourself for a giggle.

Lovely voice-overs that made me laugh out loud.

I would love more games like this. Not too hard, not too easy.

Thanks designers! More like this please!!

[Post New]by EllesLangille on May 28, 12 2:54 PM
KUDOS to the Developers! Please continue the story of Munchausen!! Please?

I too thought this would be more suited to the pre-teens. I found it just challenging enough without being overly frustrating --- the puzzles were very clever & cute.
Loved that it made you think logically regarding the items in your possession, and it was fun trying to figure out the timing on various tasks.
The storyline kept me interested, along with contemplating the next task I had to complete.
Loved the voiceover for Munchausen and the great graphics, although they could have left the screen-scroll out -- I found that a bit annoying.
I actually enjoyed having him 'correct me' when I was wrong, rather than some annoying beep when I clicked something out of sequence.
The only complaint I have is that it was just too dang short. I got it on sale for $4.99, so I don't feel ripped-off, but I DO so wish it was way longer than it turned out to be.
DEVS - PLEASE make MORE like this or continue his story! :-)

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 2, 12 7:25 PM
Oh, this was silly.

I found the gameplay a bit clunky in places, and in particular I thought there was entirely too much running back and forth between scenes. The business of moving some of the scenes from side to side in order to expand your view was also rather tiresome and unnecessary. Some of the puzzles were quite innovative, though I didn't much care for the ones where you have to match the clue images by association.

Munchausen's dialogue was a real tickle, especially when I was trying to make him do things he didn't want to do. "I'm a baron, not a clown!"

I wouldn't pay full price for this game - it seems to be geared more toward kids, with the goofy animation and simplistic storyline - but it would certainly be a worthwhile DD or COTW.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 7:26:06 PM PST

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Jul 29, 12 7:56 AM
gioco divertentissimo,peccato sia finito presto....avrei giocato volentieri molto di più....peccato,speriamo in un prossimo dello stesso tipo....

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on May 9, 13 11:24 AM
A funny, charming but very short game with really fun hidden object scenes and puzzles; solving the contraptions and figuring out where to put what and then clicking ''play'' to see the outcome was pretty smart and fun to watch (and experiment) definitely the highlight of this game.

The downside is that it's really very short; I actually finished it in 30 minutes. I don't know, did I do something wrong? Or did my brain figure it all out a bit too fast.... I am happy I used a free coupon code at least...

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Sep 13, 13 4:18 PM
I enjoyed it. It was different. I'm sick and tired of HOG's.

One complaint: It was way too short.

Go to: