GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re:Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 3, 12 1:11 PM
dnewell91 wrote:I bought a car on a sale, but instead of upgrading me, I'm still driving my bike. How do I switch over to the car?
I'm betting you just misclicked, esp. if you've still got the same amt. of money as before. In which case it's not a technical issue.

But If that's not it, or it happened repeatedly, then I'd say it was in fact a technical issue and I'd give you the same advice as I just gave haz4russandbaby.

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 1:12:30 PM PST

[Post New]by ayesha28 on Jun 14, 12 9:56 AM
I really hope they fix this soon ! same thing happen to me too !!!!!

[Post New]by ayesha28 on Jun 14, 12 9:58 AM
omg i begg my husband to by this game and when he did the game just started acting up !!! come on big fish i got a lot of your games and am get mad about this! please fix soon !!!!

[Post New]by ayesha28 on Jun 14, 12 10:06 AM
getting error violationat 0x00631421 tried to read from 0x00000040 program terminated !! what is that ????? its not my computer because its a new computer lol

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 17, 12 5:56 PM
A new computer can have a hard-drive error practically out of the box. Note that I am NOT saying that's what you've got, just that your axiom is flawed.

And your best move is the same as I advised the other posters above, for the same reasons.

LadyGooner
Clownfish
Clownfish
536 Posts

[Post New]by LadyGooner on Jun 18, 12 2:51 PM
dnewell91 wrote:Hi,
I bought a car on a sale, but instead of upgrading me, I'm still driving my bike. How do I switch over to the car?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem in my mac version. I have bought 2 cats, a dog and a car and it takes my money but does not upgrade. Very annoying. I eventually got a car but still no cats or dogs. It is too expensive to keep trying and failing within the game

MISKAJ
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by MISKAJ on Jul 1, 12 12:14 PM
[b] I love this game a lot! Played it through a few times and then in one game it stopped. My game crashed. No mouse movement, nothing!
Rebooted the puter several times as "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" did not work on it at all. It gets as far as the Intro of the game, you put your name in it and then NOTHING! I re-installed the game three or four times and still NOTHING! I finally uninstalled the game.
I wrote BF two or three times with all the info and so did hubby, but no answer. WHY, I do not know?! This was last week or so and I think it is ample time for an answer from BF to come my way! Any suggestions BF gamers or BF techs? Sure would like something and get back with my game!
HELP!
Thanks a lot! An "UNHAPPY BF CAMPER"

Below is something I received from BFG in my email. They want to know how they are doing with Customer Service? Well I say it STINKS! As I said in my post that I have written several times and did not receive an answer and even to this Post, I didn't get anything! So in answer to your following email to me, BFG, your service has been totally a crock of bull crap! :/

Hi Virginia,
We'd like to follow up with you regarding your recent experience with Big Fish Games Customer Support.
How did we do?
Take our Customer Support Survey and tell us about your Customer Support experience.

Still need Customer Support help?
If you need additional assistance with your issue, please reply to the original message you received from a Customer Support representative. Do not reply to this email.

If you haven't received a response from Customer Support for the request above, please check your email for unread messages before you continue. Make sure to check your Junk, Bulk, or Spam folders too.

Your input helps our Customer Support Team make improvements and provide the best service possible.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Best Regards,
Big Fish Games
www.BigFishGames.com

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 5:19:01 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 7, 12 7:21 AM
MISKAJ wrote:I have written several times and did not receive an answer and even to this Post, I didn't get anything!
This is very strange indeed. When you got the survey request, the very first question was whether you received an email response, and if you answered NO you should have seen other screens attempting to remedy this.

I have always received an automatic response acknowledging receipt at Customer Support, soon followed by a human's response. Your experience suggests to me that there may be a problem w/ your email client or your ISP incorrectly treating BFG's responses as spam so that you never see them. I urge you to look into those two possibilities.

However, not receiving an answer to a complaint here in the forum is the default result! Nothing from BFG ever shows up here unless there are a lot of similar complaints and the Moderators are notified to say Support is working on it. You should not expect Support to read single forum complaints.

[Post New]by ladytaz4484 on Aug 3, 12 3:30 AM
I was pretty far in the game when all of a sudden the game froze then crashed i updated all my drivers uninstalled then reinstalled the game it loads to the start screen all my game data was erased i typed in a profile name to start over and click ok the game freezes and crashes at this point all the time now. i get a message saying error acsess code then windows trys to search for a fix.I tried but it always crashes after i type in my name i dont get to play it . plz help

[Post New]by Indi_go_blue on Aug 31, 12 11:57 AM
I have just purchased Lifequest 2, metropolville and was enjoying it a lot on my Ipad.
But it just froze on a frame while purchasing 'big tv" and then nothing happens. Feeling cheated. Is there any way I can get it to work again without losing the game played so far?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 31, 12 1:14 PM
Hi Indi_go_blue,

I'm sorry to hear this game froze on you!

First, please try the troubleshooting suggestions in the help article we've created for our mobile customers here.

If those suggestions don't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Mobile Support team. They can work with you directly to get everything straightened out while preserving your progress if they can.

You can contact them by clicking Contact Us to submit a support ticket via email and they'll get back to you right away.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Llywylln on Sep 10, 12 12:40 PM
I just got the game today, installed it, played the first day and CRASH! When I try to go home to sleep it goes to Black Screen CTD, a windows pop-up says windows is looking for a solution because lifequest2.exe stopped but nothing good happens. I can restart the day any number of times but it alwasy crashes at the point where I go home to sleep for the night on day one.

Not sure if it matters, but I got the game through Shockwave Unlimited not direct from BFG...

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 10, 12 1:52 PM
Hi Llywylln,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this game.

One thing we suggest when players run into a game crashing on them is to try updating the video card and graphics drivers on your computer. You can read more about how to do that here.

And actually, there are some differences in how the game is launched and run, depending on the company you originally purchased it from. If the suggestion above doesn't help, it may be best to get in touch with their Customer Support, as they know their own system and can troubleshoot with you regarding everything involved with the game.

You are definitely welcome to get in touch with our Tech Support team as well, and I'm sure they will help you as best they can. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Llywylln on Sep 14, 12 5:17 AM
I thought I would post this update on my issue.

I discovered that if I turn off 'Wide Screen Mode' AND 'Custom Cursor' it wont crash on me. Oddly enough, with widescreen off, it still appears in wide screen mode to me, but I think that is because my NVIDIA drivers are set to stretch...

In any case, I hope the Custom Cursor workaround helps someone out there.

-Llywylln

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by tuskel on Oct 6, 12 1:50 AM
I was surprised to see this issue taking up almost all of the five pages of copmplaints here... I've had a problem as well, and it's made me quite angry, actually.

I played the demo, everything absolutely fine, I also demoed other similar sims games, and in the end decided to use my coupon for this, especially because I liked the first LQ. 10 minutes into playing the reactivated game, when I was going "home to bed" the game crashed completely. I thought "fine" and restarted it again, but all of my progress was gone, everything, and I had completed about 2 1/2 quests. When I clicked on "play" it just gave me the "make your avatar" screen again. (I have to say I haven't tried playing again, I was just really hacked off and didn't want to start all over before looking for solutions, so I don't know whether I get any violation errors.)

WTF, if you pardon my french! I was doing really well, I had just bought the game, and now I see that this has been going on since the game came out, and no fix or update? Very disappointed. Interesting that there aren't any problems when we run the demo.

tuskel,
hot cross

[Post New]by lemonsqueezes on Feb 6, 13 1:06 PM
im having a massive issue with the game!
i loved the first one so didnt bother with the trial i downloaded the full game straight away,
it'll do the title sequence but when i go to enter my name it freezes and takes me back to desktop, this happens EVERYTIME!

please can you give me some advice on what to do because i want to play the game!

many thanks

[Post New]by free4kwannie on Feb 27, 13 4:29 PM
I am experiencing the same problem as poster below. Help!

lemonsqueezes wrote:im having a massive issue with the game!
i loved the first one so didnt bother with the trial i downloaded the full game straight away,
it'll do the title sequence but when i go to enter my name it freezes and takes me back to desktop, this happens EVERYTIME!

please can you give me some advice on what to do because i want to play the game!

many thanks

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 27, 13 5:28 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like you're experiencing a game crash.

With that sort of issue, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle the display aspects of the game (Adobe Flash and Shockwave). You can read more about how to do that here.

If that doesn't get everything straightened out, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to see how the game is running on your particular system and will work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Hanouchka on May 12, 13 9:08 PM
Hi,

My game too crashes after I put my username. I tried to delete the save file as it was explained earlier in the thread but it's not working. I'm contacting technical support. The demo worked well on my laptob (Mac) so I decided to buy it on my desktop (pc) since it was a little slow. I should have bought the mac version...

[Post New]by VictoriaSeras_ on Jun 11, 13 1:24 PM
Sooo... it's been over a year now...Is there any headway?

Still getting the access violation error after countless uninstalls, deletions and following of every other tip in this thread

I don't live in America so I can't play the unlimited version either

Edited on 06/12/2013 at 5:54:31 AM PST

Go to: