Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Emmaisrad on Jan 31, 14 7:50 PM
Hello,
I have this edition on my mac. Each time I go to the inventory tab, the exit menu appears.. Ii press continue, then it goes back to the game, but happens very time I go to use anything in the inventory, meaning I simply can't play the game. I have in installed and reinstalled, and the bug is still there. Any suggestions?

mrwritesf
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mrwritesf on Mar 15, 14 9:00 PM
I CANNOT believe that 4-1/2 months have elapsed since I reported a problem with the iPad version of this game (Chapter 10; game shuts down upon entering the cottage to shave the stuffed wild boar ) and the only update someone reports getting didn't solve the problem.

How disappointing!!!!!!!

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by kazooie2628 on May 1, 14 11:15 AM
I'm not sure if this is a problem other people are having, but on my Mac laptop (running 10.8.5, just so you know) when I move the mouse (custom or otherwise) to the bottom edge of the screen (you know. Where the INVENTORY IS LOCATED), the game music stops completely (on the opening menu) or automatically pulls up the options menu (in the game itself). This also happens in Spirits of Mystery: The Amber Maiden, but not, oddly enough, in the Spirits of Mystery: Dark Minotaur game. I wonder if it's just because this game and Amber Maiden are older. Anyway, I'm reinstalling Amber Maiden right now, so I'll let you guys know if that fixes the problem. If not, I'm going to send a report in to BFG.

Edit: I reinstalled the game and the bug is still happening. The weird thing is that I used to be able to play this game without the bug. I think this may be a result of ERS games not updating the games for new mac system updates. Thus, the problem is more with ERS than with BFG...if my theory is correct.

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 11:29:27 AM PST

[Post New]by CheshireCat194 on Jun 24, 14 10:51 AM
I really liked this game until: I was near the end of the game and there is a part where you have to go and shave the boar in order to get a code. Every time that I try to go into the house with the boar, the game instantly crashes. I'm not willing to go through the whole game again to get back to the same point. I have seen reports where people have done just that and have gotten stuck again. I am very disappointed. I wish I hadn't bought this game. Now I will be reading error reports on all games I buy and I think that Big Fish should offer us either a refund or a bug fix and from the sound of it this game needs an exterminator.

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by delphius on Jun 30, 14 1:21 PM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing in your games.

These crashing issues are being looked into right now and we'll let you know as soon as we hear more information.

In the meantime, it would be great if you would contact our dedicated <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Mobile Support Team</a> with information about where you're seeing those issues and what seems to be happening.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

It's been more than 6 months since the crash problem in Ch 10 was reported, is a fix coming? Could I get a refund from Apple?

[Post New]by Arcanemuse on Aug 12, 14 7:41 PM
On Mavericks the game crashes on load on two machines: A Macbook Air and an Imac .. both 2011 mid year. I have yet to try on the 17 inch Macbook pro early 2006 model. Any ideas? Maybe it is kinder to Snow Leopard?

macophile
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by macophile on Aug 17, 14 8:02 PM
I'm so many of you can at least play the game part-way.

As for me, It crashes on start-up, bringing up the report dialog. Same thing with Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden ...

The problem is on a 2010 MacBook Air using Mavericks. I noted other, NEWER MacBook Air users running the same OS are having the same trouble.

I'm planning to update to a new MacBook Air in the next week or so, and would like to know if others have found that an upgraded system made the game playable?

I'm also planning to get an iPad Air or Mini when the next gen is released, and will then move all my gaming to that long-desired device.

Please: NO Mac bashing or encouraging me to dump Apple. I know Apple, have totally financially invested myself in Apple and will NOT change, no matter how marvelously you may extol your preferred device: Firstly because I'm physically disabled, my condition wreaks havoc on my memory & concentration skills -- thus making learning a whole new OS too daunting a task for me to pursue -- I know my limitations. Secondly it would be tremendously cost-prohibitive on my income to replace all my software for Mac & iOS with comparable software -- getting all the same programs & Apps for Mac & iOS I guesstimate spending several thousand dollars, and that is way beyond my financial resources as a disabled person!

Thanks for any helpful input!

[Post New]by Sedonalady on Sep 11, 14 11:49 PM
ok i am running this game on ipad. i have deleted game 3 times and reloaded and can not get past second scene! i've done all the stuff in the first room, given the guard the bandage, given the guard water, go out the door and big bad guy and his dog does a number on the door with the green poison plants, ok here is the problem you are supposed to use the amulet to locate 7 symbols, which i have done. then somehow you are supposed to put this amulet on the poison green belching plants and they are supposed to die. absolutely nothing happens! i hover over the symbols and i think the amulet is supposed to light up blue around the edges for each one u find, but mine does nothing and occasionally it drops a symbol and instead of finding 7 symbols it suddenly shows six. i have tried EVERYTHING and cannot get this game to WORK!! does anyone have a clue about this or has anyone experienced this problem and if so how did you rectify it. any help appreciated!

[Post New]by mac_minnow on Sep 21, 14 12:50 PM
For Mac users: I could not get demo to start on my iMac using Mavericks, however, it does work on my 2008 MacBook Air using Snow Leopard. It would probably work better with Lion on a 2010-ish Mac. I think the developers are using an old system when they make the Mac version, and a new system breaks it. This happens with a lot of very new games as well as very old games (e.g. Madame Fate). Anyway, it is a bit slow with the custom cursor but tolerable and has not crashed during demo.

Go to: