Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Re:Post any Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum technical issues here only

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Apr 29, 12 12:01 PM
SLOW MOTION
I am having the same problem as many of you. The HOS items float through the scent for 10 seconds before landing !! I am going nuts. Did anybody get an answer as what to do about this issue ? I even put it on regular cursor, but objects, scene changes ect are all sooooo sloooooow. Thanks for any info. Back to painting for now I guess.

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Apr 29, 12 12:01 PM
SLOW MOTION
I am having the same problem as many of you. The HOS items float through the scent for 10 seconds before landing !! I am going nuts. Did anybody get an answer as what to do about this issue ? I even put it on regular cursor, but objects, scene changes ect are all sooooo sloooooow. Thanks for any info. Back to painting for now I guess.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Apr 29, 12 12:31 PM
I do not know what happened, I finished the game all the way to the end. I didn't have the balloon and don't know what it would have done but I am very happy that I was able to get to the end without anymore problems. It is a good game but does need some work on the glitches. I would recommend it anyway.

ruadhan
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by ruadhan on Apr 29, 12 1:14 PM
Problem with the hammer, close to the end of the game. There's a Hidden Object Scene which you have to complete to get the hammer, except when you do, you end up with a "%s" instead of a "hammer" and no matter how many times you leave and return and re-do the scene, the same thing happens.

Without the hammer, you can't progress, so this bug really does need a patch to fix it.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 29, 12 1:59 PM
Hi everyone,

For those seeing a progression block in their game, this is something our team is currently looking into. If you haven’t been able to get past a part in the game after uninstalling and reinstalling or trying one of the work around listed, then I would get in touch with our Customer Support team. This will help us better track the issue, and a rep will be able to help you out with your purchase.

If your game is responding sluggishly or going slowly, then I would try and see if a few updates will help – which can sometimes help improve the performance of these games. Steps on how to do that can be found here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

However if you’ve tried these and the game is still giving you trouble then I would also get in touch with Customer Support as well.

NormanFan – if your trial expired early and uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn’t help, then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager:

Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager

If you’re getting in touch with Customer Support you can also check out this post here with more information on how to do that:

Contacting Customer Support

bfgCimarron

Edited on 04/29/2012 at 2:02:10 PM PST

[Post New]by augie16 on Apr 29, 12 2:24 PM
cannot get the washer to open after pressing the knob several times!!!!! so I can't retrive the bone for the dog..... Help

[Post New]by Pisces2 on Apr 29, 12 2:37 PM
I have entered the elevator and have pushed the correct buttons (square, round, round, triangle), in both directions several times, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Nosferat2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Nosferat2 on Apr 29, 12 3:14 PM
rubydeewaltz wrote:I can't get the saw in the graveyard. The HO scene disappeared and won't come back. I already uninstalled and reinstalled and it did not work. I really do not want to start over. Game 3 with problems other 2 were Flying Dutchman and Dark Dimensions. Come on Big Fish get your stuff together. I spend too much money on these games to get such poor quality. And the game is sluggish and slow!

Yes, I saw the HOS sparkles in the graveyard, but decided to use the hose to fill the grave first. When I retreived the sailboat, the HOS vanished.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Apr 29, 12 3:52 PM
I tried playing this game with a new profile and in advanced mode and it seems to be working okay so far. I am glad since I was really getting into the game before I had some issues.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Apr 29, 12 4:49 PM
I think some of you have a lot more patience than I have.

I'm not going to uninstall, reinstall, and play everything I've played to-date over again, unless I have some assurance that the problems are fixed.

Call me crazy, but I don't buy these games (and I did buy this one before I hit the problems) to get MORE FRUSTRATION in my life.

mamaluv221
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by mamaluv221 on Apr 29, 12 5:20 PM
arfur99 wrote:Started Chapter 5 to diffuse bomb. Played HO scene and got message- Found a New Item: %S. Didn't receive nails. Left HOS and area still sparkling. Played about 4 HOS and received the same message. Using hint after leaviong HOS and it directs me back to the, by nown empty HOS. Any advice please gratefully accepted. Apart from this glitch a great game with no other issues, so far!

Had he same problem, uninstalled reinstalled started over, you name it i did it nd am now stuck and cant get anywhere else!!!

[Post New]by abbotsford on Apr 29, 12 7:44 PM
Warning: Do not buy this game until they fix the problems. The gas mask does not stay in your inventory and you cannot get into the fridge. Have downloaded three times and still have the same problem.

KimIam60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by KimIam60 on Apr 29, 12 11:46 PM
lizac wrote:In the nurses room have been unable to collect the feather which is the last object in my hos. It is very near the hint button and just can't get it to collect. Need this to get the scissors.

I have the same problem. I can't get the because the task menu is in the way

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Apr 30, 12 2:54 AM
The game ran just fine speedwise, but I'm another with the disappearing gas mask problem.

Disappointing, as I was really enjoying playing.

I'll wait until there's an update for all the glitches, rather than restart with a new profile and risk running into a later one.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 30, 12 7:04 AM
Well thanks to Emily in Seattle, my sluggish/laggy problem was fixed. I had to update my videocard. It runs great now. I've always been afraid to do this as I'm afraid of doing the wrong one and messing up my puter. She looked at my drfelix results and sent me the correct link.
BF support is the best!!

[Post New]by nursebeverly on Apr 30, 12 9:59 AM
Pisces2 wrote:I have entered the elevator and have pushed the correct buttons (square, round, round, triangle), in both directions several times, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

extexan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by extexan on Apr 30, 12 11:44 AM
VickiG27 wrote:
addieh wrote:Okay, my problem is when I go upstairs and into the right door and it says to play the HOS scene, there are no sparkles. I've loaded and reloaded and changed my player name but nothing works. Am I missing something along the way? Please help!

I have the exact same problem, is this the HO scene thats supposed to be on the desk?

extexan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by extexan on Apr 30, 12 11:45 AM
nursebeverly wrote:
Pisces2 wrote:I have entered the elevator and have pushed the correct buttons (square, round, round, triangle), in both directions several times, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
has anyone had trouble finding the moth, can't find it and it doesn't even tell where to locate it in either guide please help

[Post New]by foxy1mynx2 on Apr 30, 12 1:55 PM
The moth is inside the brochure on the shelves by the stairs.

[Post New]by sounderfan on Apr 30, 12 2:30 PM
Have had to restart the game twice. First i missed the glass and when i went to find it got a remote control for the garage. No glass to be found. then restarted and got the glass but used the gas mask in the kitchen but couldn't do anything but when i backed out the gas mask dissappeared from my inventory. Arrgh. I am not starting over til all this is fixed. To frustrating.

Go to: