bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Malice:Two Sisters technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 12 1:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have followed the advice in the Help Articles that we have linked to previously and are still having trouble with any aspect of your game, please do get in touch with our Tech Support team so we can work with you on this.

I would also like to reiterate that this game comes with an add on which helps to provide the sound for the game. If your games is not playing with sound, please uninstall and reinstall that game and accept the add on Open-Al during the installation process.

As with all Big Fish applications, we can assure you that it is safe to do so.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Molyz7
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Molyz7 on May 14, 12 6:25 AM
As many of you fishes have already reported, the game doesn't install completely and there is an incomplete soundfile. Played without sound, something I frequently do as my hubby doesn't appreciate the game sounds... no he doesn't play :o(

Another problem was with the mirror puzzle, rotating the pieces was a real hazzle. Over all too many tech problems - no buy for me!

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on May 14, 12 8:48 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

If you have followed the advice in the Help Articles that we have linked to previously and are still having trouble with any aspect of your game, please do get in touch with our Tech Support team so we can work with you on this.

I contacted Tech Support approximately 4 days ago. Waited more than 24 hour for a response; when I got the response, it claimed that I was the only person reporting issues with the game losing my progress on restart, and ignored my report of the game losing progress in the middle of gameplay.
It also claimed that the problem was with my computer, not with the game, and asked that I run a program to collect detailed information regarding my computer setup and send the resulting file to them.
I sent that file two days ago, and haven't yet received any reply from them.

I'll repeat here what I told them in the e-mail I sent, though:

I have more than 150 programs - 65 games from BFG, 30+ games from [removed by Moderator], numerous stand-alone games, Microsoft Office Professional, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Acrobat, geocaching programs, and various others - on my computer.
I built the computer myself, keep my hardware drivers, protection software, and operating system updated, and all of those other programs run just fine.
You'll have to excuse me for thinking that the problem with "Malice" lies in the program, not in my computer setup.

Edited on 05/16/2012 at 1:00:21 PM PST

[Post New]by mammigrammiof7 on May 14, 12 1:42 PM
lovintnt wrote:The demo worked fine for me and I purchased after my hour was up. Unfortunately, that's when the trouble began. Just before the end of my hour I had used boilerplate to clear the pile of lumber so I could go forward and it used up all of his power. When I got back into the (newly purchased) game, the lumber was back in place - blocking me from going forward - and boilerplate's power is still depleted. Now I can do nothing.

hytte
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hytte on May 16, 12 9:13 AM
I have the problem that after having installed the game every screen goes blinking and I have to reboot to stop it. Does anyone knows what it going on ?

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on May 16, 12 11:12 PM
Updating: 3 days after writing to Tech Support, I received an e-mail stating that the developer would need to release a patch in order for the problems to be fixed, and offering either a refund or a code to purchase another game. I wrote back and asked if accepting a refund will cause the game to be removed from my Game Manager & require re-purchase if and when the developer bothers to patch it.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on May 16, 12 11:17 PM

Edited on 05/24/2012 at 5:34:38 AM PST

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on May 19, 12 11:44 AM
I think I must have a dud game because I cannot get rid of the green smoke even though I have picked up the glass and the liquids. Can someone advise me please?

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 24, 12 5:42 AM
mammigrammiof7, in a case like this, starting over in a new player profile might resolve that problem for you. It sounds like this could be a glitch, generally resolved by restarting.

hytte, you may want to see if an update to one of the components needed to play our games might help. Here is a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

valeriepres, it may help to run through the Malice: Two Sisters Walkthrough just to see if you haven't missed any items in case this is a gameplay issue.

Just to reiterate Baikal; If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

bfgRhone

dhyde
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by dhyde on May 24, 12 2:05 PM
Seems to be buggy on (at least) 64-bit Windows 7. Screen hangs at startup with a black screen and the game cursor until I press Escape. Once I start, there is no sound.

[Post New]by Angelynn126 on Jun 11, 12 6:45 AM
Ive just started playing after the demo version, just inside the school. When i go through the door to the left and the passage straight ahead, its like the room is stuck. I dont really know how to describe it. Theres no comprehendable image of the room anyhow. But if you click around the room, it acts as if the room is still there - ie, i can find the grammarphone. And the new screen with that on is fine. But on the initial room screen it is guesswork to find it, cos I cant see it.

Does that make sense?

I figure Im going to be told to reinstall it, but I dont want to do that if I can help it, because otherwise, I have to do that hour all over again!

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Jun 13, 12 2:40 AM
lost the coloured liquid and the filled coal bucket from inventory, game was jerky, slow and no sound.

have started again with another profile , now have sound and there is less of a delay..still not very happy with this game, had problems dragging and clicking on mirror shards, which I didn;t first time round.

Very disappointing game.

[Post New]by cptwentworth on Jun 25, 12 6:17 PM
I am unable to open this game. First time it froze on the splash screen, then it froze twice after that, a black screen both times, but my timer is counting down.

grenmus
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by grenmus on Jul 5, 12 11:11 AM
The problems are in Chapter 2 after dealing with the tasks at the T junction. If I go left I get a black screen. Moving the cursor till the glass appears, I go to the gate lock. If I then back out I get the proper screen showing up.
After going right over the bridge and into the forest, the screen I get shows the shack door floating in a lake !!
It is impossible to look for something outside the shack.
I have uninstalled the game twice and each time I have been taken back to where I left the game.
Has anyone any hints as to how to get out of this mess. I love the game and would like to finish it.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 5, 12 11:49 AM
Hi grenmus and cptwentworth, those types of errors might be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the game, or possibly updating your drivers and software programs. You can find more information on how to do that on these help articles here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

grenmus
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by grenmus on Jul 7, 12 3:22 AM
As I said, I've deleted the game and reinstalled it TWICE. I have managed, more by luck, by just moving the cursor over the screen till it changed to something. I have got further through the game to find that sometimes the screen was black and next time it appeared visible [same scene]. This has happened many times and is extremely annoying.
It is NOT MY COMPUTER as other games bought from you are running perfectly.
There are glitches in the game!!
Please get the designers to fix them and re-release it.

MarinaBlu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MarinaBlu on Jul 18, 12 3:08 PM
lovintnt wrote:The demo worked fine for me and I purchased after my hour was up. Unfortunately, that's when the trouble began. Just before the end of my hour I had used boilerplate to clear the pile of lumber so I could go forward and it used up all of his power. When I got back into the (newly purchased) game, the lumber was back in place - blocking me from going forward - and boilerplate's power is still depleted. Now I can do nothing.

I am having a similar problem, but it is with the full game: right after boilerplate broke open the boat and I got the rope to combine with the grappling hook. I climbed to the village and I am stopped by the pile of wood, because boilerplate is used up. He does not recharge even after closing the game and reopening or going to every scene, so I am at a complete standstill. I did not see a reply to your post. Did you ever get help on this?

Edited on 07/18/2012 at 3:16:31 PM PST

[Post New]by rich53young on Jul 31, 12 10:20 PM
I am having a problem with returning to the game after saving it only to find that when I want to continue where I left off, it takes me to the very beginning where I have to create a name. It will not let me continue where I left off.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 1, 12 1:47 AM
Heya rich53young,

Sorry to hear that your progress isn't saved!

I'd recommend you to get in contact with our Technical Support together with a Dr. Felix report. They'll be more than happy to have a look at this with you.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Tywee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Tywee on Aug 3, 12 5:46 PM
Every time I open the game it freezes and I have to restart my computer And here comes the bad news... I never tried the game I just had an extra game credit I wasted. And to think I never even saw the title screen.

Go to: