Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 24, 13 2:05 AM
(Review based on completed game; bonus game not played (yet!)):

I love Blue Tea games; they are my absolute favorite! This game is not as good as most of them. The graphics are not as crisp, the story not as well developed, there were mistakes in language, I never quite understood what I was supposed to do with that raven, it seemed a little short, and there was not one FROG.

Is this an early Blue Tea game? I am hoping so because the Dark Parable games are much better. I have literally been stunned by the graphics in those games (Snow Queen and Frog Prince especially). I realize this isn't a Dark Parable game but I still expect to see that quality I have loved so much. And it just isn't there this time. Towards the end I started using Hint after Hint so I could finish.

Still, this is an excellent game and I only had the screen freeze once although it ended up swiping my cursor and I had to manually shut my computer down. Twice.

The puzzles were nice. I'm not good at puzzles so most players would probably find these to be on the very easy side. But for me, they are great. I feel good when I manage to solve any puzzle other than a jigsaw puzzle (I'm very good at those). The ending? Well, it certainly was not abrupt and there were no unanswered questions. I appreciate that!

No FROGS? In a Blue Tea game? I was very surprised! I like FROGS! Perhaps FROGS are only in Dark Parable games? The HOS were actually too easy or else I really am an intermediate player now!

I would give this game 4.5 out of 5 stars. Dark Parables games get 5.5 out of 5.

Great game, thanks to the devs and BF for offering it.

Edited on 05/24/2013 at 2:13:07 AM PST

Go to: