TGT: The Broken Clues

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

Re:TGT: The Broken Clues

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 1, 09 1:36 PM
There is another thread about this game. All reviews are horrible (mine was one of many). The bright spot on theother thread is Celeryhart's poem. Worth finding the thread to read it! Happy BFGaming!
M

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 1, 09 1:45 PM
starlightsaffron wrote:I can't even play demo. All I get is a black screen

You probably need to first check and see that you have the latest version of DirectX which is DirectX 9.0c and make sure your video card is FULLY compatible with DirectX 9.0c. I had similar problems recently and had to replace my video card with a newer one that would support all the features in DirectX 9.0c.

HTH!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 1, 09 2:13 PM
Usually when I play the demo I open the game folders first to see if I can tell how many levels there are in a game. It appears that there 15 location scenes that each have a find the object list, a find 10 objects of one kind, and a find the differences. So you go through these 15 levels 3 times each. Then there are what appear to be 5 other single layer levels. I’m not sure what they are like.

I played the full hour demo to see how far I could get in the game. You get 5 minutes and 3 hints in each of the games in each of the 15 scene locations. I didn’t run out of time on any of the scenes, so I didn’t have to repeat any of the scenes. The items were extremely small so I almost always used the 3 hints. Most of the time I would use the 3 hints just because I didn't want to look for the items anymore. I also used a magnifying glass for the whole game. I made it through 10 of the 15 levels in the 1 hour demo. So it is a short game.

It’s not a game I would buy because the items are so small and there are no puzzles. The hour I played was challenging but not fun or enjoyable. In fact it was rather unpleasant. I would not recommend this game to anyone.

Edited on 02/02/2009 at 5:02:10 AM PST

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 2:49 PM
Lizzie, I think that's the nicest thing that's been said about this game!
lol
can't believe BFG put their name on this one!
They should hire one of us full time to play the games and tell them if the members will most likely enjoy it or not! LoL

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Feb 1, 09 2:54 PM
Even with all the bad reviews I still downloaded and tried the game. I always like to give a game a chance. Well the chance didn't last long. The 3 second penalty just made me want to keep clicking anywhere. I played the first level and found the items very small and that was the strangest cigar box I have ever seen. I will be deleting this one.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 2:55 PM
Coco, re: cigar box;
I know! I thought it was a calculator or something!
And the candle holder looked like a recorder (flute) to me!
I gave it a try too. Got through three levels and the eyestrain caused me to quit.

kellyfl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kellyfl on Feb 1, 09 2:56 PM
At first I thought this game was going to be trouble.It took a long time to load in the beginning and the game started out like a sputtering engine. I didn't make it through the first room my first try, but once I got used to what this game was offering, I felt it was getting better.I played the full hour of the demo,during which,I had completed all the rooms in the house.Each room has three challenging exercises,first HO, 2nd find 10 items, 3rd find the differences(and you have to watch the instructions on this one because it will tell you which side you are supposed to be clicking on). The first thing I noticed is there is a bit of a language barrier.You can tell by the instructions given and also by the listing of the objects to find,once you get past that and figure out what they mean, you can get through it.I think someone should have taken the time to see this and try to correct it before putting it out there. There was something about this game that got me hooked, I think it's the challenge this game gives you.The objects you need to find are small to teeny weeny and cleverly hidden, but it's not impossible by any means.The timer was a surprise,no relaxed mode, but I also took that as another challenge.You get 3 hints for each scene thank goodness! So, since there was something about this game, I bought it.
It may not be the best game out there, but it is different and challenging. I wouldn't say don't buy it but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to say buy it either. I guess each of us fishies need to make up their own minds on this one.
I'm probably the only fishie who purchased this game, but for me I think it will be worth it.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 3:00 PM
Kelly, so far you are the only one who enjoyed it. At least from the responses on this thread.
I'm glad you liked it and welcome to the pond.
I disliked this game for all the reasons you enjoyed it. LoL

I'm just about the only one who did NOT like RTR.

Dahmom
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
430 Posts

[Post New]by Dahmom on Feb 1, 09 3:09 PM
Ohhhhhh this one had steam coming outta my ears! Timer to short and you cant see the objects, either they are so small or blend to much,did not like this one at all, waste of time down loading it!

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Feb 1, 09 3:12 PM
I read a lot of negative things about this game and downloaded the demo just to try it for myself. I have liked other HOs that the majority of people didn't like. The first thing I noticed was that it took a long time for the game to load. When it opened I had a few spots where it kind of lagged. Even that wouldn't have been so bad but as I played, I noticed that the other reviews were correct. Some items were very small. I didn't like the 3 second penalty for wrong clicks..The almost invisible items were sometimes hard to find. My old eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be. I would almost have given it a go, if it didn't have a timer and a penalty for wrong clicking. With a relaxed mode at least I could have spent some time looking and not felt like I was being rushed through. I didn't make it very far, the time it took to finally open and the few times I experienced lags, took quite a bit of my time. I also really don't like normal "spot the difference" mini games and the ones I played on here were very annoying. I don't want to have to spend time looking for almost nonexistant differences. So, my time ran out and I removed it from my puter. It is a for me.

[Post New]by karmaqueen15 on Feb 1, 09 3:19 PM
I am a real HO fanatic, and usually have plenty of left overtime in most games...but this games is ridiculous,. The timer is incredibly short, they deduct 3 sec every time you miss click, and the objects are really fuzzy. In my list, there was a glass. I clicked on a "mug" (it really looked like a glass, no handle) so -3 secs.
The music got on my nerves less than 2 mins into the game, but you can always mute.
Frustrated arggggg!!!!

[Post New]by bluesoftail on Feb 1, 09 3:32 PM
I have tried twice now to download and each time it comes up looking like rolls of film and cant do anything with it
Please help
thanks

[Post New]by morgan4 on Feb 1, 09 3:42 PM
This was so aggravating!!!! I have never even posted on BF forum....but this drove me to it!!! I downloaded this......got the squiggle lines & then my PC froze up!! I had to unplug it out of the wall to get this off my screen!!! Jeez!

ladycholla
Manatee
Manatee
3,720 Posts

[Post New]by ladycholla on Feb 1, 09 3:56 PM
Suz,

You are not the only one who didn't like RTR, I couldn't find stuff, don't like ghosty stuff anyway, but it was way more complicated that I wanted. I did Escape the Museum and beta'd Robinson Crusoe, so will probably get it, but RTR was way over my head in several places. Maybe when I get older, HA HA!!! (67)

Lady

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 4:07 PM
lol lady, I guess I don't like games that aren't straightforward. Oh well! LOL

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Feb 1, 09 4:16 PM
I have to agree with everyone else . I played for 15 minutes, it was all I could take.

[Post New]by candleofhope on Feb 1, 09 4:51 PM
BORING.....this is game is boring....not buying this one...some of the items are way to small to see...music stinks....and same old thing over and over.......
Which I could get Jettsetter and Fire and Water....put my mouse doesn't like those games....can't get the mouse to work and contacted support...well still waiting for an email from them so I can send my diag. to them....that was Tues....gees...so I guess I'm not playing those games...

Ok sorry just wanted to vent...lol.....but this game is boring.........

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 1, 09 4:58 PM
kellyfl wrote:
I'm probably the only fishie who purchased this game, but for me I think it will be worth it.

Nope, grumbler bought it too after demoing it. There is always *someone* who likes every game. I think that's cool, each his/her own and all that.

[Post New]by mebennui326 on Feb 1, 09 5:34 PM
Played the demo-very slow and choppy, crashed my puter once when trying to open game to continue play. Already deleted this turkey!!

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Feb 1, 09 6:02 PM
Nothing to say that wouldn't be a repeat. Soooo

Go to: