Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:The Broken Clues - Developers

[Post New]by Sante001 on Feb 1, 09 9:25 PM
Celery said it better than I could in the poem. BF, what were you thinking when you let this game get past your quality control? I forced myself to ply for at least 30 minutes, then I couldn't take it anymore. Let's start with the hidden objects. They should be hidden, not lost in the scene. And if a game is going to give hints, the hints should be helpful, not frustrate the user. The timing shoud be realistic. If a game is itself at the difficult level, then the timing and hints should compensate! Ive been impressed with the quality of BFs games in the past, but here lately, the games seem to fall below what I expect of BF. Let's get back to quality games -- PLEASE!!

debzmom2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by debzmom2 on Feb 1, 09 9:32 PM
I agree wholeheartedly that this game is greatly flawed. I found that if I used my three clues I could maybe find 3 or 4 objects and then click to use my time up and try again, but what fun is that. I have purchased a lot of BF games and have on the whole been pleased with them. This one however is really a stinker. I will not purchase this.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Feb 1, 09 9:33 PM
Hi Betty. I didn't read your comments before I posted my previous message. But I agree with everyone. BF is really good at keeping its customers happy. And Suz's advise is right on. You don't have to give them a hard line. They really do come through. I've purchased a couple of games that I had difficulties with and they issued me a coupon for a different game. I have a funny feeling once they read all of our comments, they are going to have to make a decision about this game. To keep it or not. So far, I have not read anything good about this game in this forum nor others on the web.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 9:35 PM
awww thanks sante!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 2, 09 6:52 AM
While I'm quite chuffed to be mentioned in this poem please don't misunderstand: I also thought this game was awful, and I only played it for 2 out of the 60 minutes! Whish is I think a record for my delete reflex.

I did get a kick out of the two people who said they bought it (hey, one for each minute I played ) because I've kind of been noticing how every single game here has someone who likes it. I also applaud them for standing up and saying they liked it amidst the sea of vitriol. NOW what is also of note only 2 said they bought and were happy with the purchase. I think that is the worst showing yet for a game talked about here in the forums. And how many inspire angry poetry?

By the way, as always, the poem was brill!

<--- for poem, not game

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 2, 09 8:28 AM
Poodlebear...... well I had to use your "saying" cause I love little lines like that.. I"m sure theres a word for them but it eludes me at the moment... I understood what you meant though... "Every lid has a pot" .. or every pot has a lid..which ever it was.. too cute not to use..

I do hope the poem hits home though and it will be the last I have to write... cause they will get increasingly nasty as I"m forced to write them..JUST TO MAKE A POINT....and I"m such a good natured soul....LOL. I much prefer to laugh..

Beats me why the message hasn't hit home yet though... I think someones asleep at the wheel.. !
If a store is only selling green dresses and everybody wants blue dresses... how mush business do you think they'll do..? Come on guys.. this isn't rocket science.. !
It's plain logic and good business.. give the customer what they want.. ! Duh.. !!

I can over look a lot of things.. like bad music...awful dialog..mis spelled words.. wrong names.. like a recorder for a flute.. ( well, it's wrong to me )... but when you tie my hands and make me play your mini games, force me to perform in a time frame, punish me for clicking, hide things so thoroughly that they may as well not exist.... then I just can't play with you anymore... !! Too many games like that and I'd need a psychiatrist... !

I"m getting tired of hearing myself complain... I just hope you are too and are going to do something about it... ( please )

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 2, 09 8:40 AM
RIGHT ON!!!!

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Feb 2, 09 9:08 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for The Broken Clues.

Happy gaming!

SueB990
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by SueB990 on Feb 2, 09 11:55 AM
Phew, thank goodness, I thought it was my eyesight, I'm not the only one who could NEVER find some of this stuff! Very frustrating game, forget it.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Feb 2, 09 1:18 PM
I agree!!! I played it for maybe 5 mins and dumped it. I'm ususally pretty good at the HO games but this game doesn't give a person a chance. I won't be purchasing this one for sure!

shastac2

[Post New]by karmaqueen15 on Feb 2, 09 1:33 PM
Great poem Celery, terrible game Big Fish. I thought BF had testers for their games. If they don't, maybe they should get a panel of players to critique and rate their games.

Celery's poem

Broken game

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 2, 09 2:05 PM
How could BFG have made the mistake of releasing this?? It is the most amateurish attempt at a computer game I have ever seen! The English is utterly appalling, the item names are a bad joke, the penalties for incorrect clicks are outrageous, clues are extremely limited, items are very poorly defined (graphics), and the find-the-difference scenes are a nightmare. I have, on several occasions, spoken up in defense of games with minor errors in grammar because I realize that many of the games we all enjoy are developed by people whose first language is not English. This game, however, is a completely different matter. Not only is the grammar an affront to anyone who even attempts to speak English correctly, but the item names are terrible. A couple of examples are: vessel (in the dining room), the item was actually a a covered serving dish on the table; dish (in the same dining room scene) the item was a satelite dish.

Edited on 02/02/2009 at 2:06:58 PM PST

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Feb 2, 09 2:34 PM
Great poem Celery...You hit the nail on the head...I never trash a game because I figure someone will like it...But.....Usually I get a kick out of trying to figure out an item when there is a language barrier but in my first scene I needed to find a bag or sack (not sure which it was) when I used my hint to find it it was a styrafoam take out box...Right then I knew I was in trouble...I used all my clues on every scene..And don't get me started on the spot the difference....What a joke...For once I am not in the minority about a game and it feels pretty good...lol..

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Feb 2, 09 3:48 PM
Once again the pond has saved me time and I won't go anywhere near this game. I always come and check out the comments about TGT games.
Thank you too everyone!
giggyann

[Post New]by bailey104 on Feb 2, 09 4:40 PM
This game is awful. Isn't there a screening process? Not to mention the murder of the English language... Who talks like that? Do not waste a minute on it.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 2, 09 4:55 PM
WTG! Love it and so well done.

Good job Celeryhart!!

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Feb 2, 09 5:12 PM
Wonderful job Celeryhart. Seems to me that BFG releasing a game like this cost them more in computer down loading and trashing canning than any profit they will ever make on it. Maybe one game a day is to much? I'd rather have quality instead of quanity. Just my opinion.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 2, 09 5:22 PM
Thanks again everybody...glad you enjoyed my little poem.

My purpose was not to demean the developers in anyway. I understand there is a language barrier so I avoided being too critical of that... but the basic game features that we all seem to want ( need I repeat them again ? ) seem to go unheard and unfurled... into the depths of the universe...scattering in cyberspace.... and fragmenting into tiny mutilated pieces....never to be seen or heard by human ears again....!!

I have a great respect for the makers of these games as I have a small idea of what it takes to make them. All we ask is that you make the game 'playable" and enjoyable for us... and heed our wishes. It's to your advantage in the results of sales you guys and dolls.

Give us the choice of whether we want the passive ( no timer ) version or if we want the stress me right out - refill my valium prescription mode ( timed version)

Instead of having bubbles or smoke or some other rediculous thing start floating or the screen going out of focus.. when we have clicked too much... give us more hints , unpunished... ! I 'd think it would take less effort to do that than all the smoke and whistles you produce when we click too much. Oh mercy, I don't want to get into all this again.. you should know what we want by now.

Please listen to us okay...? We would be very grateful and you would be richer.

For this we thank you...Amen...

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Feb 2, 09 10:41 PM
Thanks for the warning, everyone. Now I know I won't waste my money on this poor excuse of a game. I like a challenge too, but for pete's sake don't make it absolutely insufferable.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 3, 09 12:42 PM
I'm sorry about my little angry diatribe a couple of days ago. I DID buy the game without downloading the trial version first, and that was my mistake. I don't think I was one of only two people who actually bought this game, even if only for $6.99, but it was so disappointing, it was late that evening, and I think perhaps I'd had one too many "shrimp cocktails" that night. I was also upset at the poor grammar in the game (and several others), I'm way too picky about that. I wasn't putting BFG down in any way though guys. I LOVE BFG! I love the company, I love tech support..and I really do luv all you guys in the pond. I will see if I can get a coupon for something else. Again, sorry for sounding a bit too snipey. I'll try to be a better fishie from now on. Abby

Edited on 02/03/2009 at 12:50:06 PM PST

Go to: