Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Excellent Game: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Jun 26, 12 3:47 PM
This was an excellent game. I really enjoyed it. Having a map that indicated tasks to be performed and transport to the location was great. I always hate moving back and forth to many locations looking for the right one. The graphics were very good, cut scenes good and play level difficult enough for me and the mini games were fun.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re:Reviews for Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 27, 12 11:51 AM
i think this game started out better than it finished in the bonus section. it left me feeling kinda flat. somewhere in the middle i just wasn't into it anymore, and basically finished it because i paid 2 credits for it. makes me wish i had waited for the se. i don't really know why. maybe it's just me???

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 2, 12 12:33 AM
Beautiful graphics and animations.

However, there were way too many cut scenes. Having an annoying little dwarf or gnome or whatever he is interrupting every two minutes to tell some more of the story.was extremely irritating.

The game cursor was so jittery, I could barely control it except, strangely, in the HOS where it seemed to work fine.

Between the gnome and the cursor, I gave up.

[Post New]by Rombus on Jul 4, 12 6:36 AM
What should I say more to the great words from other reviewers?

Gorgeous, fantastic and awesome!

Love this game!

rayhnee
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by rayhnee on Jul 6, 12 6:42 PM
I totally enjoyed this story. The scenes are great and I love the statutes! The storyline is very good. The only problem is some of the wording. The best example is when that after the 'hero' 'died', the detective says "I'll forget his courage.".

[Post New]by The_Desert_Rat on Jul 12, 12 12:43 PM
rayhnee wrote:I totally enjoyed this story. The scenes are great and I love the statutes! The storyline is very good. The only problem is some of the wording. The best example is when that after the 'hero' 'died', the detective says "I'll forget his courage.".

I agree with that wording.... I had to re-read it to make sure I wasn't missing something...

Edited on 07/12/2012 at 12:44:48 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 12, 12 4:52 PM
Yeah. I'm sure that was supposed to be "I'll never forget his courage". They were probably working on a tight deadline. Good game other than that, though. I'll be looking forward to more games in the Royal Detective series.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 14, 12 7:53 AM
Wow!!! What a phenominal game! Great story & different! I love Elephant games, they truely are the best! I highly recommend the game....the bonus was good but kinda short but that is the ONLY bad thing I have to say!!! Excellent game Big Fish!!!!!!!!

FLYNDER
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by FLYNDER on Jul 14, 12 9:00 AM
Rombus wrote:What should I say more to the great words from other reviewers?

Gorgeous, fantastic and awesome!

Love this game!

I agree - more like this, please

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 17, 12 7:31 AM
This is a great game. DO NOT miss it.------doug & lisa

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jul 28, 12 9:16 PM
A very fun and cleaver game with some unusual elements and great plot twists. The artwork was beautfiul, the animations and voice over flawless, and the bonus content very nice (including saveable soundtrack). I'd like to see more like this. It was a good fantasy game without being too "girly". The storyline was refreshing, and it's a game that can be played by anyone. I woldn't have trouble reccomending this one for a pre-teen. I enjoyed playing one of these games without there being overly girm material and disturbing violence. Two thumbs up!

The bonus chapter was a bit short and really doesn't add much to the story, so I'd say that a person who didn't care about the artwork and music and integrated strategy guide would be able to enjoy the SE without missing out on much. I'm glad that the game had a satisfying ending without someone having to buy the CE version.

Will we be seeing princess again in another adventure?

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Aug 2, 12 1:08 PM

Edited on 08/02/2012 at 1:51:12 PM PST

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Aug 5, 12 1:46 PM
This game was grande in every sense! The colors, the graphics, the voiceovers, the HOS scenes were top notch. I only found 25-26 miniatures so at some point I'm going to try this game again. It has my vote 110%. Awesome Elephant games!

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Oct 13, 12 7:59 AM
this was a awesome game very entertaining all the way through love all the animation great story line thank you BF and the makers of this game..well worth the money

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Nov 4, 12 10:46 AM
What a beautiful game, the graphics are excellent, the game play is fantastic and I love the way the mystery develops.

This one is a winner as usual with this games and I will be buying.

Go to: