smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post any 1 Moment of Time: Silentville technical issues here only

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Jun 16, 12 5:25 PM
I am also getting the runtime error for the refrigerator magnet game. We shouldn't all have to contact technical support. Is there a fix yet?

[Post New]by Strwbrydelisus on Jun 16, 12 5:51 PM
hi everyone i didnt get to far in the game cause it wasnt full screen so it cut off most of the bottom...went to options put ful screen nothing so as i see other ppl having trouble not worth buying gets too frustrating......

teeney12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by teeney12 on Jun 16, 12 5:55 PM
Add me to the list of game freezing/crashing, only mine freezes when I try to set the clock at the train station. Please BF help us out.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jun 16, 12 6:17 PM
I run Windows 7 and I have the same problem putting together the kitchen magnet. As soon as the puzzle is complete, my computer freezes. i have go to the Task Manager to end in order to get out of the game. When it goes to shut down, I do see an error message box but I never get the chance to see what the message is.

Too many of us getting this particular problem. It needs a patch and an update.

[Post New]by mickeykris on Jun 16, 12 6:23 PM
I too have the same problems at the clock and the fridge puzzel. Since so many others have the same problem, and my computer is upto-date, I will wait for the fix.
Loved playing this looking forward to finishing!

[Post New]by superkay on Jun 16, 12 7:16 PM
I was getting a run error in the kitchen when putting the puzzle together. After trying a few times I left to do a few other things and when I returned to the puzzle, it worked.

Now I get the error when I am trying to set the clock in the courtyard to 16:04 and the games freezes on me.

[Post New]by mlisica on Jun 16, 12 7:26 PM
I'm getting the same error when doing the kitchen puzzle.

[Post New]by lauralpurcell on Jun 16, 12 7:30 PM
cutter1 wrote:Same issue in kitchen with frig magnet puzzle and at clock while setting in train station. Game freezes and an error appears on the windows screen. Something about a runtime error with C.
same for me also

[Post New]by faybes13 on Jun 16, 12 7:44 PM
Hi, I figured out how to not to get the runtime error on both the fridge magnet puzzle and setting the clock time. As soon as you place the last puzzle piece, click on the X to exit and as soon as you set the correct time click on the X. It worked for me hopefully it works for you all.
Cheers.

Gamer_7
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gamer_7 on Jun 16, 12 7:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Firstly, a Great Big Thank You!! to kathey12 for posting a "work around" to the Runtime floating point error.

I hit mine at the clock and decided to search through the forum before reinstalling the game. kathey12 has posted something for both the fridge/magnet and the clock that will allow you to get past those points.

I figured since, at the time I checked the forum, there were 87 posts in Tech issues, I would point this out to save the rest of you the time.

This is one of the biggest reasons I love BFG members....you guys are all so smart!!!

Off to get past that floating point error and once again, Thank You kathey12!

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Jun 16, 12 7:58 PM
Same problem as "Letmetry". Can't get past the first scene. Keep clicking, but nothing happens. This game really needs a fix! Too bad, it looked like a good one, too.

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Jun 16, 12 8:27 PM
Faybes, I tried your trick of exiting the puzzle as soon as I put the last piece in. It worked to some extent as I didn't get the Error message. But there is a safe combination inside the refrigerator and each time I go back to open the fridge to get it, the same Error message pops up and boots me out again. Add me to the "very frustrated" list! grrr!

cutter1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by cutter1 on Jun 16, 12 8:29 PM
Kathy's solution worked for me. As soon as you solve the frig puzzle click the X to close it. No error. Worked on the clock as well. Thanks Kathy.

[Post New]by nowunder on Jun 16, 12 8:53 PM
having same issue with fridge magnet game.

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jun 16, 12 8:56 PM
kathey12 wrote:Possible solution to fridge magnet "floating" and "runtime" errors:

Game crashed with the above errors, same as everyone else after completing the magnet puzzle on the fridge.

I went back into the kitchen and to the stove BEFORE completing the puzzle.
Turn on the stove, and knock the tiles off above the kettle to reveal a safe.
Then go to the table, pick up the puzzle pieces, and complete the puzzle.

When I did the above action, the puzzle was completed successfully, along with the combination shown in the journal. I was able to then open the safe and proceed in the game.
I don't know if this will solve the problem for others, but it did for me.

Thanks,
Kathey

Thank you so much for your help.. it hasn't worked yet for me but it is late at nite and I am usually in bed way before now.. so I will try again tomorrow and contact CS if it doesn't work.. You are so kind for trying to help us frustrated, game addicted fishies in this huge pond and I thank you! Will let you know if it finally works.... or if not

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jun 16, 12 8:58 PM
mickeykris wrote:I too have the same problems at the clock and the fridge puzzel. Since so many others have the same problem, and my computer is upto-date, I will wait for the fix.
Loved playing this looking forward to finishing!

ditto!!! will contact CS tomorrow after one more try... HELP!

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Jun 16, 12 9:05 PM
Well, we can contact CS/Tech Support ON MONDAY. So am I correct in assuming there will be no fix at least until next week?

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jun 16, 12 9:35 PM
This game has way too many issues. Do not bother downloading and if you do just do not purchase it.

Edited on 06/16/2012 at 9:36:06 PM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jun 16, 12 9:59 PM
So far the demo has been doing okay as far as playing the game. However, I don't think I want to purchase this game due to all the tech problems; which kinda negates the buy 1 get 1 free sale for me. Ho Hum

teeney12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by teeney12 on Jun 16, 12 10:01 PM
Thanks Kathey12, solution worked. YOU DA MAN!!!

Go to: