Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles technical issues here only

[Post New]by janniemax on Jul 12, 12 11:46 AM
Adding myself to the list - nothing new, but maybe the volume of comments will help get this more attention. I have problems with the image being off the screen on one side and with the fast forward on the Nickelodeon. I have tried the resolution resets - didn't get the image fixed, but DID mess up my regular desktop (sigh).

Big Fish - when you get this many of the exact same problem - time for a fix.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 12, 12 2:10 PM
Hi janniemax,

Thanks for letting us know that's happening. So we can look at more information regarding this problem, and so we can track these issues to find a solution, I do recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team to let them know what you're experiencing. That's the best way for us to track problems and find fixes for game issues.

Hopefully they can get you back to gaming shortly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by rummyryu on Jul 12, 12 3:57 PM
I can't access the toolbox in the very first scene on Chapter 2

Issues with the Bird Cage in Chapter 6

[Post New]by jrenee25 on Jul 12, 12 6:00 PM
RivenWolfe wrote:
The problem I've come up against is in chapter 6 where you need to take the cloth off the bird cage. I took the cloth off, the small window appeared and I took something off the bird swing in the cage. Thought everything was ok but it seems that I've picked everything up in all rooms currently open to me and all the hint button says is to "take the cloth off the bird cage" which I've already done. There is nothing more to click around the cage since I already have what was inside it and I cannot use anything in my inventory to continue on with the game..

I'm having this same issue. This is a bug in the game, not an issue with my computer. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but when I go back in the bird cage is empty and the bird is not in my inventory.

This is a software issue - have the devs come up with a patch for this yet?

ImKit
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ImKit on Jul 14, 12 11:19 AM
I see in the forum, many many people have the same or similar problems that I am observing.

Beside the issues of the heavy processing that causes my game to be jerky and the HD not displayed well on my PC (3GB RAM, Dual Core 3.00 GHz, XP OS with latest patches, 512MB ATI video), In chapter 7, I attempted to grab a ladder under the observatory stairs. The initial time it worked and I could get into the area; but because of the jerky preformance of the game, I could not grab it and somehow got out of the area. Now I can no longer get back to this same area anymore (as if I was successful in initially grabbing the ladder). I am now stuck at this level.

Edited on 07/16/2012 at 6:57:31 PM PST

LuckyLin1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyLin1 on Jul 14, 12 4:48 PM
Hi. I hope a new version will be released soon that is free of these issues. Of course,some of the problems might reflect a game that requires a computer that will handle it. That typically means a RAM of no less than 2 gig (Windows takes one gig by itself to run), a reasonably fast processor, and quality screen resolution--a lot of this relates to having a graphics card --I like Nvidia but everyone has their pref. At one point, I had 512 and had to retire that computer--I am sure I will have to do that before long with the 4 gig RAM I have and dual core. Amazing how fast graphics, speed, etc. are advancing---but the results are really amazing on some computers. Good luck gaming, all!

izarod
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by izarod on Jul 15, 12 4:32 AM
I am experiencing the same problems as others. I am in the second chapter and cannot zoom into the toolbox, I can look with my magnofying glass, but nothing happens. Could you please fix this problem? I thoughouly enjoyed the other two flux games, vut if this is not fixedm, I will have to turn it in fir another game. I upgraded my graphics driver and ininstalled then reinstalled without sucsess. What can I do different?

Tryssya2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Tryssya2 on Jul 15, 12 5:36 AM

Hi, this is an up date to my last 2 posts of Jul 9th and Jul 10th.

I did play the game through in the end and found 2 more problems:-

(i) In the x-ray mini game the cursor stuck as a hand and it was difficult to skip or even close the game.

(ii) The end game (twinkling stars) didn't seem to work even though I checked the correct sequence in the walkthrough.

So I uninstalled the game, updated the drivers on my computer and played the game through again! This is the report from my Amilo Desktop.

(i) The movies still took seconds before continuing to play.

(ii) The problem with the cursor in the x-ray game remained (although the earlier problem was resolved).

However the end game did work readily this time.

Overall I found the cursor was often slow to change between magnifying glass and hand etc.

Lastly the game is now playing up against the left of my screen (which it wasn't before)! I only managed to obtain one object by clicking blindly while the cursor was off screen.

So my computers all up to date and still the game has faults! But I won't be playing it again. It is now permanently uninstalled and I won't be buying games from this designer in the future.

Edited on 07/15/2012 at 7:57:43 AM PST

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 16, 12 9:46 AM
So, still no fix? Oh well, guess I'll be avoiding future Flux games, which is too bad because the first 2 were great.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 18, 12 2:12 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that many of you are experiencing issues with certain scenes in the game and not being able to interact with objects. As there could be a few different things causing this to happen, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team so they can look into the issue further. I also recommend running a Dr. Felix Report so that our Tech Support team has as much information as possible to help figure out what's causing that to occur.

In the meantime, you can give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that may help. Here's our help article that covers how to do that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Thanks, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Tryssya2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Tryssya2 on Jul 19, 12 7:21 AM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that many of you are experiencing issues with certain scenes in the game and not being able to interact with objects. As there could be a few different things causing this to happen, I recommend getting in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team so they can look into the issue further. I also recommend running a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix Report</a> so that our Tech Support team has as much information as possible to help figure out what's causing that to occur.

In the meantime, you can give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that may help. Here's our help article that covers how to do that:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

Thanks, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

I have sent a Dr Felix report to your technical support as requested in case it helps to resolve problems, but as I said, I am just about all Flux Familied Out and have no further interest tin the game.

[Post New]by chrissy0531 on Jul 19, 12 12:23 PM
i am having problems in chapter 6 with the xray not working right

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 19, 12 3:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is an update to this game available now. More i information about it can be found here.

To get the update you can just uninstalling and reinstalling your game. If you click the blue text it will take you right there.

However if you try this and the game still gives you trouble, then don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team. It will help us track any issues and a rep will be able to take a closer look at your game with you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Best,
bfgCimarron

[Post New]by jacqjeff on Jul 28, 12 2:18 PM
Come on Big Fish! These problems are NOT computer related. The game is full of bugs!!!!! Repeatedly telling to contact Tech Support is not helpful. There needs to be an update posted and soon! I want to finish this game. I love this game series. I am stuck in Ch. 6 because whatever was in the can disappeared as soon as I opened it. Obviously need whatever it was to go on. I either want an updated, de-bugged version of the game or my money back or credit(s) issued. Everyone who is stuck should get the same thing. Maybe if we all demanded this something would be done about this terrible version.

I wouldn't be so upset about this except that it seems most games I've purchased lately have had some sort of technical issue -- some bad, some not so bad. I've love Big Fish so far but am having second thoughts about my membership here.

[Post New]by TweedleDum on Jul 31, 12 8:08 PM
I had to replace my computer with a new one. This one is Windows 7 64bit. I have reinstalled Big Fish Games and the Flux Family Secret Hidden Object games plus this new one Book of Oracles. In all cases I cannot see my mouse cursor. It does not change to the special cursor. I cannot reach any of the options to change the cursor to the special cursor because I cannot see to click on any options. I need serious help to even get started playing my games again. I know that this latest game Book of Oracles is Windows 7 compatible so I don't understand why I don't have a cursor to move around? Can anyone help me?

mpg1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by mpg1 on Aug 4, 12 4:06 PM
Great game! some of the Ho's were quite small, & you had to look in other areas so you could put items together. Graphics were bright & clear. the history tips were very interesting.

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Aug 6, 12 9:44 AM
tsenones wrote:I can't "click here" to forward the movies. I have to wait until the screens change by themselves. Additionally, when you reach the mini-game to enter the Control Box, I am able to move the numbers in the correct order but then I can't enter the code. Had to wait until skip filled to by-pass the game.

These are the exact same two issues I had (inability to click through movies and inability to click code once number pad was arranged). It doesn't make the game unplayable (the movies aren't necessary to watch for the game play to continue, and you can skip the number puzzle), but it is certainly irksome.

izarod
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by izarod on Aug 6, 12 9:43 PM
Hey, Big Fish Techs,
I finally checked in to see if you resolved the toolbox issue and noticed that you had an updated version. I uninstalled and reinstalled from my games and nothing is fixed, Same issue with the toolbox. I am beginning to lose hope with you lately. I own over 300 games from BFG and normally do not have an issue, But lately the newest Flux, and now newest Redemption Cemetary game. You need to get on the developers butts to please be more careful. Guess I am just going to write these two games off and uninstall them from my computer and leave them to wither on the vine on my games list. Sorry. Just very frustrated,

[Post New]by ulricaverdi on Aug 11, 12 4:20 PM
I'm having a "disappearing" item issue--the thing-a-ma-jig that is in the well and goes into the device in the pavilion. I re-installed, but still not there. I'm not interested in re-playing.

No more Flux games for me.

I never, but never, have technical issues; so, this is a first.

Xbob2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Xbob2 on Sep 8, 12 4:00 PM
Played the game through once on easy level on my Mac. Playing the game again on hard level so I can see the end scene but hung up outside Enistein's apartment. The nickelodeon will not give up the handle! Uninstalled and downloaded again to no luck!

Dang!
Bob

REPLAYED the game up to the office in the hanger ... game froze on the "babies" poster. NEW game new profile ...

Edited on 09/09/2012 at 11:10:40 PM PST

Go to: