Re:Post any The Theatre of Shadows: As You Wish technical issues here only

[Post New]by Goggakop on Aug 26, 12 4:34 AM
This game just will not save my progress. Every time I log off the game goes back to the beginning. I have tries to re-install the game but still no luck. I have played TWO other games in the mean time and they worked perfectly which means the problem is with Theatre of Shadows and not my computer or Game Manager.
Could you please help me with any advice.

[Post New]by joolssq on Aug 26, 12 8:40 AM
I have played the demo and bought the game, but when I try to play the full version, it goes straight to the exit screen. Any help would be appreciated, it is doing the same thing on another game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. It would appear to be a problem with game manager except all the rest are working fine. It is very confusing.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 26, 12 10:34 AM
Hi Goggakop,

I'm sorry to hear this game has not been saving your progress correctly!

Sometimes when we see this happen, it means the computer wants the game to have additional permissions before it will allow game files to be saved. In that case, the first thing to try is running the game in Administrator Mode, which we go over in the help article here.

If you try making that adjustment, but the game is still not saving your progress, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They can take a look at how the game is running on your particular computer and suggest some more specific troubleshooting steps. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 26, 12 10:39 AM
Hi joolssq,

I'm sorry to hear the game is crashing on you now, especially after everything worked OK with the trial version. It does look like the full game file is quite a bit larger, and likely includes more intense graphics and other features.

So the first thing I'd try is checking for an update to your video card and graphics drivers, which we go over in the help article here.

If you get those updates and are still having trouble, or if you'd just like some help going through the process, it's definitely a good idea to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into the issue and can work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

gailssong
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by gailssong on Aug 26, 12 11:25 PM
very sad...this game has great promise but it hadsproblems. I was not able to get back into the back of the theater to put the glass vase there. and i could not go anywhere .kept saying go somewhere else. Makes me sad as i was going to buy it.This problem happened in the demo.They need to fix these problems. I would have liked to have bought it.

[Post New]by TraceyH1011 on Aug 27, 12 8:37 PM
I have played the game through once and really loved it. However this time around, I am having difficulty clicking on objects in the HO scenes which are located at the perimeter of my computer screen. I cannot see them, and occasionally the hint button will circle them enough that I can click on them, but now I find I can't do that...thus I can't move forward in the game. It's in the dressmaker's shop. I tried to change screen size in game options, but message tells me my computer can't do that. Any suggestions please?

Cannot complete game

[Post New]by mhelfand on Sep 1, 12 9:13 PM
I running Win 7 Dell Laptop with 1st gen i7 processor. I had no problems installing or playing the game until now. I have only 2 areas left with red x's. I stopped playing and closed the game as usual. When I try to play again, the game runs as usual to the "Play" screen. I click on play, the screen goes black as before, but instead of the game starting, the "Play" screen returns. If I enter a new player, the runs normally. I tried uninstalling & re-installing the game to no avail. I would like to finish the game. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Markdoc

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Sep 2, 12 10:47 PM
This game takes forever to download, reaching 34% in about as many minutes..

I know this because this is the 2nd time doing so. Tried to play the game & could barely get past the log on & did not get past the intro.

Having read all the video card issues & stuff, I am now wondering if I will get to play at all...

Edited for spelling & an additional

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 10:48:38 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Cannot complete game

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 5, 12 11:43 AM
mhelfand wrote:I running Win 7 Dell Laptop with 1st gen i7 processor. I had no problems installing or playing the game until now. I have only 2 areas left with red x's. I stopped playing and closed the game as usual. When I try to play again, the game runs as usual to the "Play" screen. I click on play, the screen goes black as before, but instead of the game starting, the "Play" screen returns. If I enter a new player, the runs normally. I tried uninstalling & re-installing the game to no avail. I would like to finish the game. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Markdoc

Hi Markdoc,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble now after everything had been working OK before!

Along with uninstalling and reinstalling, another thing I'd suggest is checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers just in case something's going on there that is now affecting the game. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting steps.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 09/05/2012 at 11:44:16 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 5, 12 11:49 AM
318Pisces wrote: This game takes forever to download, reaching 34% in about as many minutes..

I know this because this is the 2nd time doing so. Tried to play the game & could barely get past the log on & did not get past the intro.

Having read all the video card issues & stuff, I am now wondering if I will get to play at all...

Edited for spelling & an additional

Hi 318Pisces,

It definitely shouldn't be taking so long to download this game!

There are a few different things that could be causing things to go slowly, and you can read over some troubleshooting steps in the help article I'm linking below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

The full version of this game is also about 3X larger than the trial version, so it will need a lot of space! If you have any other older game still installed on your computer, I'd also suggest uninstalling a few of those to free things up a bit.

But if you try all that and are still having trouble downloading, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can see what else might be causing the trouble. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Sep 6, 12 7:29 AM
Hello bfg Monongahela!
Hello Fishies!

Thanks for responding, you Mod's are the best!!
Despite the crazy, long downtime, the game is running very smoothly now...
Every now & then, when I open a game & it is not responding properly, I will close down & re-excecute and that usually works for me, In this case, I had to delete & download....

Turning my previous 's to 's...
Karen

[Post New]by Plummie1066 on Sep 10, 12 6:03 PM
MarkAlan wrote:I have a standard 4:3 monitor and played the game full screen with 1024 x 768 resolution. The picture was shifted to the left, but I was able to correct this by pressing the Auto-Adjust button on my monitor. Hope that helps.

Thank goodness for this poster. I have the black strip on the right nonsense, and I've been adjusting resolutions until I was blue in the face. No go. Then I read this post....turned my monitor sideways, and pressed the Auto Adjust Button on the side of my Monitor. Everything shifted to the right and now that horrible black bar on the right went away. I am in 1280x1024 resolution (the recommended one in Win7) and now three hours later, I can play this doggon game. Why the heck doesn't Vogat make the screen auto adjust like all the other games they put out. I love Vogat, but was ready to ask for a refund.

[Post New]by Plummie1066 on Sep 12, 12 4:45 PM
So fed up with this game. Spent hours changing resolution to get rid of black bars, finally figure out Auto Adjust on side of minitor got rid of that. Now I have to give up on the game, because like others, I am in the HOS that wants the spider which is off the left of the screen, and no matter what I do the cursor won't go there. THIS GAME NEEDS TO BE FIXED SO THAT PEOPLE WITH STANDARD MONITORS CAN PLAY IT AND NOT GET RIPPED OFF.....SHAME ON VOGAT...., complained to customer service last night (after I figured out Auto Adjust got rid of the bars), and they gave me a game credit for the fustration. And now that I thought it was fixed, I find out some 5 hours of play time later that you can't get past the HOS scene with the spider in it.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Sep 18, 12 11:58 AM
I am very cranky now....I have been playing this game for a couple of days and the screen issues were annoying but I am now in the cave at the HO scene where there is supposed to be a plum....there is no plum on the screen, it is out in the left somewhere and no matter how much I played with the screen resolution it is just not there. I already had several mini-games that skipped due to the skip button being right where a part of the game needs to be played....*eye roll. Lots of complaints here but no fixes...I expect more than this from Big Fish....and Vogat

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 18, 12 12:11 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that there are objects not appearing on your screens after adjusting your screen resolution. If this is happening in your game, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can look into that for you. There may be other tips they can provide to get that working so you can continue the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 27, 12 7:44 AM
bubbles10013 wrote:I'm not sure if this is classified as a technical issue or a bug but it is a problem. On the level The Psychic, the room behind the waterfall has a pedestal in the middle of it with a book on it that needs to be opened up. Also on the pedestal is the puzzle piece that is used in the room after you find the psychic. I didn't know that the puzzle piece was on that pedestal and opened up the book first. Now I am currently stuck because you can't close the book and there is no way to pick up the puzzle piece now. So basically I have to start the game all over. I just wanted to let yall know because there probably will be other people like me who don't see the puzzle piece first and will be stuck too and unable to complete the game without starting over. Thanks!!

Thanks for posting this, bubbles10013! I am sorry that you had this problem but soooo thankful that you posted it here so that I would not make the same mistake buying the game. I am checking all Vogat games for technical issues BEFORE buying because I have had two other Vogat games (Guardians of Beyond: Witchville & Otherside: Realm of Eons) do the same thing, ie, have items missing from inventory and no way to get them. Guardians I was about half way through and Otherside I was almost to the end. It is soooo frustrating getting so far into a game and then being unable to complete it because the developer refuses to fix the programming! Getting a replacement coupon for another game is not the solution... fixing the game is! Unfortunately, I do have some Vogat games that I haven't played yet and am hoping I don't have the same type of problem with them because I know from previous experience that Vogat WILL NOT FIX THEM!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 27, 12 7:45 AM

themouse020 wrote:I am aware that troubleshooting is best left to the support team. However, I think it is important for us to communicate game problems with other players. We can either help each other, or at least lobby for a fix to a game that clearly has coding issues. Tech support has been zero help for me with this game. I was told I could get a credit - I do not want a credit - I want BigFish to work with their game suppliers and get us fixes for the games they've sold us. I see that at least one person has declined to buy the game after reading this form - that means the forum is doing its job communicating problems to other customers. I have tried in the past to post a review of a game that had coding problems, and the review was not accepted for publication. At least so far, the forums have not muzzled players who have negative experiences.

That makes at least two people because I will not be buying this game either. I did demo the game before coming here but because of tech issues reported and ones that I encountered, I will not waste my money. Vogat will not fix problems so no reason to encourage them by giving them more money for another game that does not work!

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Oct 5, 12 9:04 PM
From demo on Mac 10.6.8: Lots of intriguing detail in this game. Alas, I don't see "smoke" in scenes, but lots of overlapping white squares where smoke would be. Assume that this is not what Vogat intended. . . Too bad, would have very much liked to buy. Thumbs down on this one.

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 9:07:31 PM PST

northpolejo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by northpolejo on Oct 13, 12 3:19 PM
Like one other poster, my script at the top of the screen is cut off, making play impossible. I've already adjusted screen resolution, made sure my video card is updated, etc. I did all that stuff just a month ago (maybe two), when I was troubleshooting two other games with the techies.

Running Win 7, 32-bit, Intel card.

Anyone else figure out how to fix this??

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Aug 10, 13 2:16 AM
Can't download. Code 766.

Go to: