Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

Re:group play for Pahelika: Secret Legends started Aug 18th, all welcome

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Aug 24, 12 4:49 AM
Just popped in to say Hi - see you're doing fine and whizzing through. ancy you having played the whole game before , Popla.

Anyway, looks like no help with the game needed - so just a little hug so you don't feel too lonely, if the other one isn't around.

Back to Syberia, now.

GMum x

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 24, 12 7:12 AM
LOL Thanks GMUM , have fun with Syberia, I loved that game!

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 24, 12 10:17 AM
I'm still playing... workweek and the last dregs of pneumonia combined kept me down for the past week. Now I'm going back in to play... not sure if anyone else is still playing or if I'm on my own, but thought I'd check in just in case somebody was still there.

EDIT: just went in and discovered i'm actually on machine island now which I think is chapter 5.

Edited on 08/24/2012 at 10:19:05 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 24, 12 10:52 AM
You are not alone Jofer ,popla and myself are still playing too And right now you are leading the pack Sorry to hear about your pneumonia, hope it heals very soon.

I can not stop laughing, I am just past the cabin (still working on the ice halls) there is this one number lock, which is really easy, but I kept reading it wrong
*The hint was EGG and there were a bunch of numbers above the bed, there was E=7 and G-1, so I put in 771 Did not understand why it didn't work so I thought the solution must be more difficult and tried numerous complicated mathematical equations and finially DUHHH I was spelling EGG as EEG
Seriously could not stop laughing, no idea were my brain went ROFL

Maybe someone can explain the letter puzzle to me, because I could not find any hint to it * and have absolutely no idea why it was all O's * Like to understand, cause I hate it when I don't get it.

Anyway still stuck somewhere in the ice chambers

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 24, 12 11:06 AM
CfG...Which letter appears in each row.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 24, 12 11:12 AM
@marianne thanks, but was there a hint to it being THAT solution????? Like to know what i missed
Anyway, I am now *above ground, saved the melting snowman, a chest appeared and have another number puzzle to solve* and have either not yet found the clue or again missed it

ETA I am passed that bit now, another chapter finished Next one is for tomorrow, going to watch some tele.

Edited on 08/24/2012 at 11:18:05 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Aug 24, 12 11:59 AM
CfG...You're zipping right along. And could you please mark me as finished on page 1. Thanks.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 24, 12 12:56 PM
Oh good, I'm not alone! I'm STILL underground on the machine island world... frustrated... off for a nap.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 24, 12 1:29 PM
@sunshinej did I miss you finish? Sorry Going to rectify that

@Jofer No, you are certainly not alone! Just finished my chapter with all the ice chambers, so looks I will be joining you tomorrow, so hang in: help is on the way ROFL, afraid I am NOT that much help, but I can at least keep you company

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 24, 12 5:11 PM
I finished machine island at last... saving the next part for tomorrow. Gotta recover from my frustrations first. That last chapter was the hardest one I've come across one what up to that point I had considered a fairly easy game. LOL
So CatfishGirl maybe I'll be able to help you tomorrow.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 25, 12 7:38 AM
I'm off to play my next part this morning. This game has been frustrating at times and yet I find I'm enjoying it so much I may have to go buy the other Pahelika game!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 25, 12 9:12 AM
LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing Jofer
Thusfar I've had no time to get back to the game today and not sure that I will have time today or tomorrow.
But will get back to it as soon as i can!

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 25, 12 9:33 AM
I meant to get back in to my last chapter this morning but I sidetracked myself - first trialing (and buying) the DD and then buying the new awakening and started play which I really shouldn't have. Got lost LOL I gotta get back to it... but I gotta get some other stuff done too so it may be tomorrow for me too.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 26, 12 6:48 AM
I woke bright and early thinking about this game so I went straight into it this morning. Wow! I'm surprised - the last chapter was waaaaay easier than the machine island one. I figured it was going to be harder! But I'm done and will check in here on and off today to see if anyone else still playing (Catfish Girl?) needs any help and will try to help as I can
Now... do I want to get that other Pahelika game? Hmm....

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 26, 12 8:58 AM
Hi everyone

I came earlier to post apologies for not making it after all, especially when Catfish_girl & Gingergal had taken the trouble to answer all my questions about how group play works. But then I saw that some of you are still playing so I decided to start playing after all .

I am now about up to where I got to last time I think - I'm not sure what chapter number (sorry) but it's the ice room.

I got there with only one look at the walkthrough but that may be because (and I was very surprised by this since it was May 2011!) I found that remembered odd details from when I first played.

It was outside the fairy garden that I had to resort to the walkthrough and I turned out to be so close already!

I had remembered ** that I had to fish something out of the water ** so I had tried ** combining the magnet and the rope/string** but it wouldn't let me yet. I simply hadn't included the **stick** DUH!

Luckily, the first words I spotted in the walkthrough after finding the right bit were something about **'after assembling the fishing rod'** and that was enough so I went back to the game without spoiling any next bits for myself.

Sometimes it's daft things that hold you up - such as (still outside fairy garden) ** needing to put the pot on the ground before being able to combine things to make the potion**... I tried to combine things so many different ways before realising that .

After that, with a combination of remembering a few details and finding others by a lot of clicking as well as sometimes figuring things out LOL, I got to the ice room.

---------------

Now I seem to be stuck on the (in the ice room) **machine with the symbols on it**.

Having taken a break from the game, answered some PMs and so on, I'm going to try it once more before I come back and ask for help..........

(I have seen *** what is written on the wall about it** and tried to **use that sequence** but I wasn't getting anywhere) .

---------------

Catfish_girl - I'm glad you are up and running again!

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 26, 12 9:15 AM
Jofer wrote:I woke bright and early thinking about this game so I went straight into it this morning. Wow! I'm surprised - the last chapter was waaaaay easier than the machine island one. I figured it was going to be harder! But I'm done and will check in here on and off today to see if anyone else still playing (Catfish Girl?) needs any help and will try to help as I can
Now... do I want to get that other Pahelika game? Hmm....

Congrats Jofer - I started writing my other post ages ago, then went off to answer PMS, and hadn't seen that you had finished.

I may be back asking for help in a minute - I already went back and tried again and had started typing to ask for help in this post but as I was typing out what my problem (in the ice room) is: **couldn't follow the sequence from the wall on the machine because only 3 characters show up at once on the machine**..........

it occurred to me (ETA because sometimes ** after resetting the puzzle, the first symbol of the sequence isn't even visible**) that maybe **clicks just move it around unless you use 'O' to select a symbol **.

So I tried again based on that thought. This time it tells me 'that might work if it is done right' LOL so maybe I am getting there
(v e r y s l o w l y !!) .

ETA YAY - got it! LOL - having the group play thread (and the expectation of someone, thx Jofer , still being around to answer today) helped even though I never finished posting the question .

I wouldn't have started to type the question, which is when I got the moment, if not for there being a still active thread here.

Cheers! I'm going back in .......

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 9:34:14 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 26, 12 12:12 PM
Congrats on finishing Jofer!

I've been away most of the day and had no time yesterday, so I just got back to the game now and already stuck on the beach at Machine Island

@Daisy_May hi there Glad you made it after all, I am still playing, very slowly (not much time ) and it doesn't seem we are far apart; so I am pretty sure that together we will make it!

ETA Got myself unstuck and am now entering the last chapter

ETA2 I finished! Very nice game!

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 1:17:35 PM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 26, 12 1:18 PM
Hi Catfish_girl

I nearly asked for help twice more in chapter 4 (which, after finishing it, I now know it was):

First the bit with the **wooden mould** - I was sure I needed **the other bits and couldn't see how to free them** LOL

Then just now at the teleporter with the **snowman**. The number lock there had me for a while. I had spotted ** the groups of pillars to take the numbers from** just hadn't realised that ** I would have to rearrange them** !

I must have got that far before because I remember looking that up in the walkthrough before (but didn't remember the solution).

That was maybe where I took a break last time because the next bit - Chapter 5 - doesn't look familiar at all.

I will be interested to see how I get on now that I am past the areas where I had used a walkthrough last year..........

Don't think I'll be catching up with you before you finish though as it's already way past dinner time here. I am eating something different to DH tonight so I don't have to go and make dinner until I want it, but I will be joining him soon for some TV before bed. ETA Oops - seems I was right about that LOL

Good Luck with the last chapter

ETA but I would have got stuck on the word puzzle in the ice section if not for your & Marianne's posts above - which I had noticed as I skimmed earlier. Thanks to you both .

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 1:41:35 PM PST

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 26, 12 3:12 PM
Checking in to see how everyone's doing....

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 27, 12 5:28 AM
Hi Jofer, thanks for checking yesterday .

I ended up finishing it last night - see what you meant about the last chapter being much easier.

I don't know if I should have taken a break instead of ploughing on, but I kept going after posting last night and finished (must have finished before you posted as I didn't see that post until this a.m.).

I didn't enjoy the inside parts of Machine Island at all.

The outside bit was OK but I would have used a **firestarter** on something beneath the **coal** so it would never have occurred to me to **light a plank of wood** first.

I ended up thinking maybe I had a glitch as mentioned by a couple of others so I ended consulting the walkthrough only to find that I did have everything.

So that was OK and I got the **lever order** for myself through trial and error, but found myself checking the walkthrough a lot for the inside rooms.

Like I said, I don't know if it was because I should have taken a break, but I was completely missing things (like thinking I had ** clicked in every possible section of a small machine, only to find that I missed the plain panel which housed the puzzle that I needed**)

Also I thought the **boiler wouldn't work because I was missing a piece**, it didn't occur to me to **light a plank again** - definitely should have taken a break I think, but I wasn't sure if I'd get any playing time today

& I got impatient with the last couple of rune sequence puzzles and looked them up too

I love slider puzzles but didn't find those particularly challenging (I wish we could get a PC game here that is nothing but those as are available for some mobile phones - I'd definitely buy one for the PC).

So my favourite part ended up being the jigsaws - with only getting a few pieces at a time and having to look at shape and relative shading of the detail since not in colour on the pieces.

Overall though, I enjoyed the game and I'm now half way through the demo of the sequel . I will take a break before looking at the walkthrough when I get stuck on that one .

Thanks again to those who organise these group plays. It added something to the enjoyment, even though I only made it at the tail end .

Go to: