bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 4, 12 10:07 AM
Hi lovemybook,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble playing this game!

If you haven't already do so, I'd suggest changing to the system cursor, rather than using the custom one that comes with the game. That will sometimes help with the kind of issues you described. You should be able to change that feature in the Settings Menu.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support so they can take a look at things and see what other adjustments might be made to get the game working better for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MelanieW09 on Sep 4, 12 12:11 PM
I am a long time Big Fish customer, so I have tried all the usual fixes. Problem I am having is in a hidden object scene in the entry to the castle. There was a piece of paper that was to be used with a charcoal stick to trace a pattern on so that the cypher key can be found. The piece of paper has vanished from it's post on the column and I can't trace the pattern requested. I have unistalled/reinstalled the games, cleared all temp files, checked for all available updates. Please help!!!!!Running windows 7, 64 bit

[Post New]by JediTHumper on Sep 4, 12 4:49 PM
I am having similar problems to other posters with objects that need to be used going missing and hidden behind others or going off screen.

Does anyone know where the save game inf is for this game and whether its possible to use this to reset to start of the HOG or reset the chapter. better than starting from scratch.

Thanks

Alan

[Post New]by wrongkey on Sep 4, 12 9:35 PM
I made it thru the bear, have had not too much trouble going from one place to another (however the puzzles need a LOT more explaining). My problem is i need the fire thing to open the pipe up, but for some reason it is stuck in the freezer and I cannot go any farther in the game. What fun...................NOT

HELP!

[Post New]by raffishtenant on Sep 4, 12 10:41 PM
I see that one other Mac player (also running Mountain Lion) has posted that they're not hearing any sound from this game...same problem here. Obviously, I checked the sliders under settings. Sound otherwise seems to be working fine: I can hear sound from other apps, as well as the alert sound when I adjust the system volume with F12, and everything in the Sound preference panel looks as I'd expect. I don't consider music essential to this type of game, but no sound at all is a little too weird: I've enjoyed the other games in this series but don't see myself purchasing this one unless this problem can be resolved.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 5, 12 4:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

I would like to provide some advice that will see all of your issues resolved as soon as possible.

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck to you all, we look forward to working with you on this!

bfgBaikal

Deeme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Deeme on Sep 6, 12 2:08 PM
I just tried to re install the game, and now I can not even play it because it is now crashing completely, and my computer as well. It's a shame that this is happening. I just might leave this site all together !!!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 6, 12 2:39 PM
Hi Deeme,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Issues with games crashing can be caused by a couple things, but our help article here can be useful when troubleshooting problems like that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the recommendations in that help article aren't working, please let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to assist you further.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by musicplay on Sep 7, 12 10:56 PM
Sorry to hear that others are having problems with this game also. The hos with the charcoal rubbings took me forever to get it to work finally. Now I was in with the navigator and when I found the chalk it disappeared when I tried to draw the mustache on the navigator and now I can't find it and cannot advance through the game. The hint sends two circles around the navigators head but no amount of clicking helps. Like I said, I have had a few problems with this game but it has still been fun, challenging and the graphics are beautiful. I really dont want to start over,,,,what to do?

[Post New]by Nachojack9 on Sep 9, 12 6:00 PM
HELP !! I cannot heal my unicorn. I have daubbed in all the injured places - even one not shown in Strategy Guide and when I ask for a hint, the owl shows me to use the same colour poltice on cuts and/or bruises I have already healed.

Is this me or a glitch ??

Do I have to dab more than once on the same injury ??

I really don't want to have to start again at this stage ....

I love this series of games but this bit is really doing my head in

jackee1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jackee1 on Sep 9, 12 6:56 PM
manatee1442 wrote:Help! During the game in the scene where you need to make the dress the scissors have disappeared and now I can't continue the game because of this glitch. Is there anyway to fix this or do I have to start over from the beginning. (This has already happened once early on in the game with another object disappearing)

Edited on 09/09/2012 at 6:58:23 PM PST

jackee1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jackee1 on Sep 9, 12 6:58 PM
jackee1 wrote:
manatee1442 wrote:Help! During the game in the scene where you need to make the dress the scissors have disappeared and now I can't continue the game because of this glitch. Is there anyway to fix this or do I have to start over from the beginning. (This has already happened once early on in the game with another object disappearing)

Edited on 09/09/2012 at 6:59:07 PM PST

[Post New]by deathusmortalis on Sep 10, 12 7:15 AM
I have had no problems with this game until I put the fire amulet thingy in the freezer and now I cant figure out how to get it out and I was soooooo wanting to finish this game I was getting to the good part!!!

anybody help me please!!

[Post New]by YeahNewGame on Sep 11, 12 6:38 PM
I also lost the scissors and can't go on. I tried exiting and restarting and tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing worked. This happened so far into the game that I have no interest in replaying right now, especially as I could replay only to have the same problem. I am very disappointed to have spent the money on this game.

[Post New]by Mizz_Adamz on Sep 13, 12 3:42 AM
YeahNewGame wrote:I also lost the scissors and can't go on. I tried exiting and restarting and tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing worked. This happened so far into the game that I have no interest in replaying right now, especially as I could replay only to have the same problem. I am very disappointed to have spent the money on this game.

I am also in the same boat here, I've also updated everything as well.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 12 4:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am very sorry to see how many of you have run into trouble with some of the puzzles in the game.

If the advice we have already suggested does not help and you are unable to glean any clues form the SG, I would encourage you to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

One of our Reps will be happy to help and provide dedicated support for you particular issue.

Wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Nachojack9 on Sep 14, 12 1:05 AM
deathusmortalis wrote:I have had no problems with this game until I put the fire amulet thingy in the freezer and now I cant figure out how to get it out and I was soooooo wanting to finish this game I was getting to the good part!!!

anybody help me please!!

Use the broken chair leg to get the Ice Charm out and the Fire Charm should come also ... good luck

[Post New]by beyondelsewhere on Sep 17, 12 2:28 PM
Oh, dear. I appear to have lost my watering can in the Aviary HOS. I need to water that last little yellow flower but before I figured out what to do with the watering can, I clicked incorrectly and it vanished. Now I can't find it. When I click the owl for the hint, I get a circle around the flower I need to water and somewhere in the tree above it - but there's no object.

Before I try uninstalling and reinstalling this game... will that make me have to start all over? I really don't feel like playing the game again up until this point.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

I was having a blast until I lost an object. That's a first for me.

Thanks!

Deeme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Deeme on Sep 18, 12 2:58 PM
Been trying to re download ,and install this game on my old computer using Windows XP, and it refuses to activate, and then I get an 810 error. What the heck is wrong with this game. I paid for this game, and have yet to be able to finish playing it, because I have had nothing but problems with it. I already went through all the tec, stuff, but still it refuses to activate. I have another Awakening game, and it works just fine.

Deeme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Deeme on Sep 18, 12 5:50 PM
Deeme wrote:Been trying to re download ,and install this game on my old computer using Windows XP, and it refuses to activate, and then I get an 810 error. What the heck is wrong with this game. I paid for this game, and have yet to be able to finish playing it, because I have had nothing but problems with it. I already went through all the tec, stuff, but still it refuses to activate. I have another Awakening game, and it works just fine.

Ok, I just tried to re install this game again, and now I am getting a 703 code.

Go to: