birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 2, 12 6:44 PM
Hi gingergal - I was trying to get the results too to no avail. I don't think they are available yet. I am keeping notes of things I cannot get yet.

I am still on Day2 - long day so far and where is my partner, the mysterious Nick???

Congratulations on finishing Mr_Russ and TideWaters!

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 7:35:35 PM PST

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 2, 12 7:37 PM
GingerGal - Have you put the phone back together. Re picking up reports did you run the analysis? If so, the lab computer will say report #????? Click on it and then look at the computer in Nicole's office.
Just wanted to check and see if it worked out ok or if I gave you enough info.

Tide

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 2, 12 7:44 PM
Congratulations Mr_Russ and Tide on finishing the game

WOW! You both was very fast with this one

I finally arrived to Cuzco, Day 5, Looking forward to continue tomorrow after work, but need to go to bed now

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 2, 12 8:04 PM
You're on the downhill side Harlequen. You're buzzing right through. Good Night!

Birdie - There isn't much you can do in the Lab until Day 3.

If I interpreted GingerGal's question right she should be in Day 3.

It's helpful to know exactly where you are at as there are a number of lab tests to complete.

Tide

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 2, 12 8:56 PM
hi birdie, was wondering if that was the case.

Tide
- sorry haven't tried or played anything as went out for a meal. Will try tomorrow. But I hadn't tried that and it sounds logical so know it will work. I don't know what day I'm on.

**I've been around the house with police tape on it, and talked to a drunk then came back to FBI headquarters, did a few things. Finally was able to pick up the supplies from the closet and went into the lab and was trying to pick up results. I cut the wires but haven't fixed the phone yet.**

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Sep 2, 12 10:56 PM
Marianne, I was stuck fiddling with James phone for ages, til I read your post **
clear the screen before trying again! Duh! **Thanks!

I'm progressing rather slowly. I've spent most of the past 2 days outdoors. Our nice summer weather is so short lived here, I want to make the most of it.

Congrats on finishing Tide and Mr_Russ.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 10:56:39 PM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 3, 12 3:52 AM
congrats on finishing Mr_Russ & Tide

Having a hard time getting into this game, but probably also because I am rather exhausted and haven't done much with the game yet
I am still at day 1 and still in the museum
I have managed **to find a portable X-ray, investigated the heavy sealed crate with it and knife was not there. Been in the orangery and got me some potting soil, no clue what I need it for Also filled the vases with potting soil, took one vase, but then I can't leave the orangery so left it there after all Found an archive room with a magnifying glass or something. Nicole won't leave the museum so there is more to find/do there **

Waiting for a brainwave I guess

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 3, 12 4:10 AM
CfG...Did you see *** the gold headless figurine. Talk to the porter about getting it. When you take it, a small light flashes red and the spot needs to be replaced with a vase. I did what you did. I filled all the vases...made sense to me. Well, empty them. The right vase worked for me with one scoop of dirt, but it could be different for you. ***

BTW - Did you put the metal case that held the portable X-ray back where you got it ? Need to do that.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 3, 12 5:20 AM
CfG, you have missed a crate.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 3, 12 7:29 AM
Thanks marianne & Mr_Russ, this will certainly get me going again

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Sep 3, 12 8:27 AM
CFG-In the storage room and upstairs in the exhibit room,
you will find two things to combine together to help move crate
that she would need "muscles upon muscles to move".
Hopefully by the time you read this you would have moved on.

Some of this game is just getting on my nerves, quite
truthfully. Whenever I cannot figure something out, her
"What would Nick do" comment has me wondering why she
wants to know that, since he is never there.
When she says "Well, what should I do with this", you do not
want to know my answer!

I am in Cusco now. She wants to go "rumble in the jungle".
To bad she can't see what's coming. Its obvious.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 12 8:34 AM
I am on Day 4 now and except for the end of Day 2 I am enjoying the game and find it intriguing.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 12 8:39 AM
Yes, I agree luvtoread, that the comments when you are trying to combine items does get somewhat annoying. At least you can click through them.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 3, 12 8:56 AM
I have finished. I liked the game. For me, the toughest part was *** the vase puzzle when she was on the balcony outside of Alvarado's house. *** I screwed it up so badly that the game even got confused and I had to go back to an earlier Save.

The game ends with (don't look if you haven't finished) *** a "why". I don't have the answer to that and wish I did. *** Now I'll need to find the order of the three games and wonder if the next in the series tells me.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 3, 12 9:32 AM
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS MARIANNE ON YOUR FINISH!!!!!

I felt the same way about the ending??? Mr. Russ mentioned in an earlier post that Hunt for the Puppeteer is the next in the series.

Are you waiting on everyone else to begin Syberia II?

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 3, 12 9:39 AM
Thanks Tide. I was wondering if there was a specific time for a Group Play of Syberia ll, but I haven't heard anything, so I may start it now.

I should have added that stusue thinks I'll likely finish it by Saturday or at least be close to finishing.

ETA #3...I just looked it up. FBI was 2008 and The Hunt for the Puppeteer was 2009. Cards of Destiny was 2010.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 9:46:06 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 3, 12 9:51 AM
Congrats, Marianne!
I forgot to mention it but there is a trick to the vases. As they are to start with, it's nigh-on impossible to put one back if you choose the wrong one. The solution is to take one from the cluster at centre left and move it to top right first. That way you have a path to every vase.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 9:52:19 AM PST

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 12 10:45 AM
Congrats Marianne on finishing!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 3, 12 11:05 AM
Thanks Mr_Russ and birdie...

Mr_Russ...I finally got the 'trick', but had to go back to an earlier Save. It took me long enough. I just plain did not grasp what that puzzle was all about. I assumed I was supposed *** to stack them so that she could climb up, but I made so many wrong selections and she would say she was 'too tired to do this'. After awhile Nicole started walking around without me telling her to, so then I thought I was wrong in my assumption. *** I went around and around, placing them in the wrong spots. Even the game didn't know what to do with me and started acting up. By this time, I had figured it out, but wasn't able to proceed, so I went back to the earlier Save and got it. Whew !

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 3, 12 11:13 AM
LOL luvtoread about your remark about "What would Nick do", that is driving me up the wall too As if we girls can't do anything without male support
Found out myself what to do with the dinghy after Mr_Russ gave me some male support and pointed out the crate I missed

Getting the hang of the game, it is day 2 now and I am back at the mueseum

Congrats on finishing marianne!

Go to: