Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:Serpent of Isis - BF, don't hide your "Aces"!

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 27, 09 6:18 AM
For CeleryHart:

Okay the cigar gave you an extra hint because it was associated with a particular suspect and you were in his cabin, each suspect has a different object that's associated with them, like the next one likes fortune cookies. If you go to your inventory and look on the suspect sheet it will tell you.

Lol I'm stuck trying to heat up that darned water for his stinking cup of tea. Sheesh he's in the middle of searching somebody's cabin who may come back any minute and he wants a cup of tea?!?!?!?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Feb 27, 09 6:20 AM
mojave, you'll need to click on the map and go to the kitchen, fill with water and heat. Then take it back to fill the tea cup. Fun game!! Good Luck

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 27, 09 6:20 AM
Celery - The only thing I can suggest is sloooooow down girl! (assuming you are playing relaxed, if not, well why not? ) The only time you lose hints for misclicks is when you do too many too fast. The cigars are in the first chapter cuz that guy smokes cigars. I didn't find more than one per scene. When you get back on the train and encounter the asian woman it switches to fortune cookies and then poker chips when you get on the train 3rd time for gambler guy and so on. I think if you just slow down and take your time maybe you'll have better luck. Are you using the hints to find objects or to help with inventory stuff? If you get stuck and can't find something and have other scenes to work on switch for a while. That helps me. Every so often more hints are added, so if you are a little more stingy with them maybe that will help.

As for darkness, can you adjust your screen to lighten it? I am having no darkness issue but I did recently get a very clear LCD monitor so that probably helps. On my old CRT I almost always had to pump up my gamma for HO games.

Hang in there. It really *is* a good game.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 27, 09 6:41 AM
Ooooooooooooh thanks Cesse! Lol the whole water concept never occurred to me geez I just kept trying to get it hot, woulda burned out the bottom if I had been able to!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 27, 09 6:48 AM
If I remember correctly, you also need a tea bag. That dern tea bag drove me nuts as I recall.

Damn I wish I could play the game. Got up early so that I could play it some before work. Now it's time to work and I still can't play it due to that game won't start bug.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 27, 09 7:24 AM
You are right POODLE..... I rip into these games like I"m hell bent for heaven... !!
Yes, I can see that every character has it's things to find for more hints..and I know you can switch between scenes if the map is showing.... I guess I was clicking too much cause things were hard to find and I used up all the hints... Slow down is right..breath.....LOL.

I am very stingy on using hints.. believe me... I only use them as a very last resort. I had to start the game again.... and so far so good.. There are different things to find this time too. I even have 13 hints hanging around....LOL. Wouldn't even think of playing anything but the relaxed mode... I"m not relaxed so something has to be... !!

Thx Mojave..... I see you found the solution for the water... LOL.. Yes, this is a fun game....
So for others, like me, that don't have the patients of a saint and the grace of Mother Theresa... do what Poodle says.. slow down.. take a breath.... and it wouldn't hurt to read the instructions... You'll get thru it and find that it is great fun... !!

Whew... off my soap box now... and back to the game...

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 27, 09 7:29 AM
Where is the snake disc for the garage drawer? Started this game again cos ran out of hints - now have a tick on all places except the garage and cannot find the snake disc (more likely can't remember where I found it last time!). Was it in another scene because it won't allow me back into completed ones! Duh - I'm an idiot!

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Feb 27, 09 7:47 AM
The snake disc is in the vent above the work bench.

I've been playing and throughly enjoying this one, not terribly difficult but a lot of thinking to do.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Feb 27, 09 8:31 AM
Thank you BFG for a good HOG. I played the full hr of the demo and then purchased the game.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Feb 27, 09 8:36 AM
I just finished the demo and will be purchasing the game. Thanks finally a good HOG!

Edited on 02/27/2009 at 8:37:17 AM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Feb 27, 09 10:12 AM
Played the demo and purchased. Am really enjoying the game.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Feb 27, 09 10:35 AM
BTW - Margie of walkthough infamy did a great walkthrough of this game for BFG on our blog:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/serpent-of-isis-game-walkthrough/

Picman

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Feb 27, 09 10:47 AM
Really enjoying this game. Another happy that played the demo and purchased. Thanks , the shakes from HOG withdrawal have subsided!

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Feb 27, 09 10:50 AM
Well of course I purchased it, after all my begging, and I love it. I am going to take my time and try and make it last.

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Feb 27, 09 11:00 AM
Am I the only one who didn't know there was a walkthrough blog site on BFG, I found a walkthrough for Isis there.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 27, 09 11:03 AM
Smits - I love you! Thank you!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 27, 09 11:04 AM
Enjoyed it, bought it, great.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Feb 27, 09 11:26 AM
lordkalvan wrote:If I remember correctly, you also need a tea bag. That dern tea bag drove me nuts as I recall.

Damn I wish I could play the game. Got up early so that I could play it some before work. Now it's time to work and I still can't play it due to that game won't start bug.

Mine won't start either. I've tried everything. Is it because we had a demo from another site?

Going to contact tech support after I'm done cleaning up the registry. I've never had this type of problem before. The demo worked with my config, why won't the full version? I get the black screen for about 3 seconds and then "thanks for playing".

And I've waited so long in this famished land.Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 27, 09 11:33 AM
I don't even get thanks for playing, and I downloaded the beta test directly from BFG.

Well, it does help with my productivity at work today at least.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Feb 27, 09 11:37 AM
lordkalvan wrote:I don't even get thanks for playing, and I downloaded the beta test directly from BFG.

Well, it does help with my productivity at work today at least.

Beta testing is very appreciated.
The way our DRM (Digital Rights Management) works we do not have control over this as it considers the Beta and the final version the same game. It is the smae mechanism that prevents people from uninstalling and reinstalling to get an additional 60 minute free every time it expires.

This is the way it works today but we plan on improving it in the future.

Picman

Go to: