rikazarai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Stuck in the tunnel

[Post New]by rikazarai on Jan 19, 13 4:59 AM
Hi there!
Like some of you, my cursor disappears when I want to have a closer look at the drawing on the wall. The only way to go from the window (and the game) is Ctrl+Alt+Suppr.
As I've been stuck with the corkboard too, I try to reinstall the game (and DirectX and Flashplayer) but nothing changes.
Anyone can help please? (for I'd like to finish this game without having to change my computer).
Thanks.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 24, 13 9:57 AM
Hey there rikazarai,

I'm very sorry to hear about those issues!

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, at least for the corkboard, have you tried clicking on it with the knife? That work around seemed to help some other Fishies here.

If the cursor is still not showing please go ahead and write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and they'll work with you directly to help get that figured out!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by garner9837 on Jan 26, 13 8:40 PM
I am not able to access the bonus chapter about the quarry. I am able to access the top two pieces (interview & background, but I can't get into the bottom 2. Is there a special way to do this?

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Jan 27, 13 8:29 AM
This game is one of the buggiest ones I've ever bought from Big Fish. Some of the letters from "Hint" periodically go missing, my notebook and sometimes the strategy guide periodically aren't visible on the screen. Sometimes spots I have to zoom in on are randomly inaccessible.

Worst of all....the game decided to crash on me, and then my entire progress was erased. Really makes me wonder if they did any testing at all before releasing this. I would have expected much better from MCF.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 30, 13 5:07 PM
Hi Bhilithinn,

I'm sorry to hear you've had such trouble with this game!

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and work with you directly to get everything straightened out.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 13 11:19 PM
garner9837 wrote:I am not able to access the bonus chapter about the quarry. I am able to access the top two pieces (interview & background, but I can't get into the bottom 2. Is there a special way to do this?

Hi garner9837! Welcome to the pond!
I'm not sure what you mean by the "top two pieces...interview and background" and the "bottom two", but did you find the key for the quarry? If you'd like a spoiler for it's location highlight the text between the arrows below:
SPOILER >The key is on the warden's desk.< Good luck and happy gaming!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 13, 13 10:53 AM
Hey there Horselover50,

I'm not sure why the game won't let you continue, but one of our Reps from Customer Support will be happy to take a closer look!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by KatWithAttitude on Apr 11, 13 7:52 AM
I bought this game right after Christmas but only got around to playing it a couple weeks ago. I didn't have some of the issues people have been talking about, such as in the coroner's office, but I did have a different problem, and I thought I'd share how I solved it. For the record my computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop with 8G memory and everything up-to-date.

The first time I started Cassandra only gave me one drawing for the first group, and it wasn't the first one you use on the prison window. This made it impossible to make any progress, so I started again with a different name. This time I got all the way to the library before I again didn't get all the required drawings. This started several days of repeated uninstalling and reinstalling and using different names. Each time I would get to different points before I would have one or more missing drawings. I was unable to get further than the library. I didn't contact Customer Service because I wanted to try and figure things out for myself first. I read through the forums and tried the fixes for other problems but nothing did it. I was just about to concede defeat and contact CS when I decided to try one more time with a different name, only this time I closed the game and stopped for a while right before each trip back to Cassandra. This did the trick and I was able to finish with no further problems, and I did enjoy it. I never had problems with any of the other MCF games, not even EFR. I look forward to the next one.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 11, 13 9:19 AM
Hey there KatWithAttitude and welcome to the Pond!

I'm so sorry to hear about those issues in the game, but am so impressed at your persistence and skill in getting through! You must be one tough gamer!

While I certainly understand wanting to figure things out on your own, if you would ever like any assistance with technical issues like you were experiencing please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Thanks and happy swimming!

bfgIzara

bgcaam79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bgcaam79 on Apr 23, 13 3:52 PM
Hi,
another frustrated fishie here.
I had previously purchased this game from the BFG website, but due to ongoing troubles with the disappearing cursor and no solution even with support of the customer service I ended up giving up and having it refunded (I tried virtually everything from updating to rolling back and un/re-installing until I was sick of it).
A week ago I spotted the game as a DVD at my local supermarket and thought surely this glitch would not be present on a "solid" game disc. Was I wrong? Of course. Yet again everything stopped when clicking on the cork board in the coroner's office.
I then read about the "solution" of clicking on the board with the knife. At first I was happy as a fish in water to discover I could actually proceed, but yet again I was proved wrong.
Clicking on the board with the knife seems to cancel out the next step: Cassandra handing over the next drawings, therefore process is impossible and yet again, money was wasted.
I cannot understand how the normally really solid developers seem to completely ignore an obviously major glitch that many players seem to face without ever providing a solution.
It's such a shame as I really loved all the MCF games, and this is the only one I couldn't play.

pacific46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by pacific46 on Apr 25, 13 8:18 PM
I too have had the problem with the cursor on the cork board - Big Fish have advised that as none of the known fixes work, there is nothing they can do at present. They are still working on a fix, so I will get a replacement, and hope that it may be fixed sometime. It is a shame, but the only consolation is that the game is so ordinary it does not matter that much. If it had been one of the Ravenhurst or really GOOD games, I would be really upset!
Any ideas as to what I should get as a replacement?

[Post New]by Helice on Jun 11, 13 6:49 PM
I've arrived at the point where I'm turning in the drawings of the library to the psychic. The drawings automatically leave my inventory and stack on the desk, she goes into her trance and the game freezes. It makes the noise as if it's displaying the neuron cinematic, but it just freezes on her with her hands on the desk.
I've force-quit and restarted the game several times, but each time it goes directly to the "Whenever you're ready, Detective" cinematic of the drawings stacking on the desk, and then the game freezes.
I've already reinstalled the game and my video settings are up to date.

[Post New]by Hiroshi_Mishima on Sep 18, 13 3:46 PM
Like some of the people in the first page, I'm having problems with the game apparently freezing up when I click on the message board in the doctor's office. I already emailed customer support the other day but haven't heard back yet.

I looked around online but didn't appear to find any solutions that I haven't already tried, including reinstalling and even clearing my cache.

What's the typical response time on customer service requests? I don't often need to ask them for assistance so I'm a little distraught that I still can't get back in and play the game yet.

It's especially frustrating because I was really enjoying this one, after the previous two disappointed me.

Edited on 09/18/2013 at 3:47:45 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 20, 13 12:59 AM
Hiroshi_Mishima wrote:Like some of the people in the first page, I'm having problems with the game apparently freezing up when I click on the message board in the doctor's office. I already emailed customer support the other day but haven't heard back yet.

I looked around online but didn't appear to find any solutions that I haven't already tried, including reinstalling and even clearing my cache.

What's the typical response time on customer service requests? I don't often need to ask them for assistance so I'm a little distraught that I still can't get back in and play the game yet.

It's especially frustrating because I was really enjoying this one, after the previous two disappointed me.
Hi Hiroshi_Mishima! Typical response time for tech support is 24-72 hours, not including weekends. You should have received an automated response including that information shortly after you sent in your report. I'm sorry to hear this is still an issue with this game. It really should have been fixed by now. BFG is, unfortunately, notorious for allowing glitches to remain unfixed with their own games unless every single player is having the same problem. Good luck! I hope it gets sorted soon!

[Post New]by Hiroshi_Mishima on Sep 20, 13 9:55 AM
I did get a response, and good gods was it ever helpful. The advice to try deleting the save folder didn't work, BUT the second reply included the suggestion to try clicking on cork board while holding the knife.

It worked! It allowed me to interact with the board, but the game didn't trigger the next segment like it should have. But simply closing out and reloading the game allowed it to work just fine afterwards.

Later on, when I ran into the glitch in the train tunnel that some others had mentioned, the same workaround came through for me. So I've been able to finish the game. Still think this was a really great game, despite the technical issues. I enjoyed it far better than Escape From Ravenhearst or 13th Skull, that's for sure!

Hopefully if someone runs into the message board or tunnel issue, they'll see this post and try the workaround that I was given.

EDIT: This is only like the second time I've really had to contact customer support and both times they've been extremely friendly and supportive. It's refreshing after the way some other companies treat their customers, that's for sure!

Edited on 09/20/2013 at 9:56:10 AM PST

[Post New]by Naggingdragon on Oct 14, 13 2:40 AM
Hi, I am playing on the iPad edition. I have a problem with the screwdriver - I played the machine, didn't notice that the key was behind the panel and wandered off thinking well, what was the prize......

I decided to try the screwdriver in the door of the sheriff's office. Well, it went in but now won't come out! Reading the strategy guide I understand I need to have a bobby pin....which is Dr's office...the key to which is behind the panel for which I need the screwdriver for.....

Any ideas? I hate the idea of starting again!

Oh, and I started looking around the quarry game not realising it was the bonus game, stopped at safe....

[Post New]by Game_crazy_sg on Oct 17, 13 5:32 PM
I'm at the town library screen where I need to pour the bottle of alcohol into the car fuel tank. I have previously unscrewed the fuel cap and went on to another screen. Now it will not let me select the fuel tank at all. Please advise as I cannot proceed on with clearing this.

[Post New]by Naggingdragon on Oct 18, 13 5:26 PM
Hmm, no one has made a response. I restarted game under new profile and haven't had problem until trying to use screwdriver in grille. All that happens is I get that irritating noise. I can't get it open.... So far in and now stuck.....frustrating!

[Post New]by Tr1xiehorse on Oct 21, 13 11:21 PM
I can't seem to get the stethoscope to open the safe. Any suggestions anyone?

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Nov 4, 13 8:47 AM
I originally bought this game in November 2012 and played without any glitches whatsoever. Since then I have uninstalled it, and today I reinstalled it to play it a second time, but now it won't work! It starts out OK for a few minutes, allows me to create a new player and I get to the first scene and am able to do a few things, but then it stalls and the screen is black and all I have is sound (similar to the problem I experience with the Torment of Mt. Triste). My driver is up to date, yet the error message says my display doesn't support the minimum requirements of the game, which doesn't make sense since I was already able to play it last year!

Very frustrated! Any one have any ideas?

Go to: