mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Group play for Nancy Drew: The Final Scene starting 19th January - All welcome to join!

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 25, 13 5:36 AM
CfG...Glad you're a little better...hope you are all well real soon.

GMum...Congrats on finishing Holmes...I LOVE that game...in fact, all his games. Be sure to Save frequently in Day 3 with ND.

Aquatic...Sorry your remake with ** the key ** didn't work. I had to give it a few tries.

After I finished Nancy, I started Paradise. Awesome game. Altho, very difficult. I spent 2 days in the ** tree village trying to find the ladder. ** and that's just one example !!! Whew... I won't say more cus this is off-topic.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

Re:Group play for Nancy Drew: The Final Scene starting 19th January - All welcome to join!

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 25, 13 9:17 AM
Just starting ND: The Final Scene. So far, just wondering around trying to figure out what to do. Hope to get quite a bit of game playing in today. Just wondering, how many days does this game have?

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 25, 13 9:24 AM
Teresa...It has 3 days and be real sure to Save a lot on the third day.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 25, 13 1:04 PM
aquatic - I panicked at that same *puzzle as I did the same thing then realised by what CFG said about clicking in the area after you return your key worked. Then I realised you can tell quickly if you get the wrong key or not*. by *seeing if there is any letters on it before you pick it up if you don't have any it's the wrong one*

Teressa although day 3 is contained and quite short once you realise what you are doing lol figuring it out can take a while.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 25, 13 8:04 PM
I have played two Nancy Drew games before. But it seemed like it took me forever to get anywhere in this one. I finally figured out where the secret passage was and the basement.
I am tired of thinking for the night so I am going to play a straight hidden object game before bed.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jan 26, 13 7:23 AM
Finally made a start yesterday - and hope to get a couple of hours in this afternoon. Haven't really got very far, just wandering round trying to make sense of things. ** Spoke to the actor and Nick and the woman on the phone who wouldn't talk to me right now and picked up a coin and a magic wand. Have finally made sense of the layout, but some things are puzzling me e.g. the rope backstage that I untied and messed with and there was a Clunk, but I've no idea what went "Clunk"! Found a secret passage from the Men's Dressing room, but there didn't seem much in it. Finished up at a puzzle I found in the Lobby, so need to do that first when I go back in. Oh phoned the police and Bess as well. **

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 26, 13 8:06 AM
I am just wondering around too. Getting kinda frustrated. Just started playing yesterday. Made a little progress. Just started again this morning and can't seem to get anywhere. Just going around in circles.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 26, 13 10:39 AM
I finally made it to Day 2. Going to take a break for awhile. Then back to it.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 26, 13 4:10 PM
Teresa - We're still here, just call out if you need anything

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 26, 13 5:39 PM
I got to the part on Day 2 where I am trapped under the cage. A good time to stop and play my hidden object game for awhile before bed.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 26, 13 5:41 PM
Thanks Ginger. May be calling on you guys later tonight or tomorrow. May not have much time to play tomorrow though so it might be Monday.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jan 27, 13 10:31 AM
Hi Teresa, I'm still here, but am way behind you now as only had an hour or so since my last post. ** Found the projection room and some bits and pieces and played the puzzle in the lobby, that's about it really. ** Hope I can get more time tomorrow

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 27, 13 2:06 PM
G'mum - So sorry, just noticed your post before Teressa's! Didn't mean to be rude. Glad you both are playing at the same time, it's more fun although the rest of us are still around. Will pop in more often knowing you both are playing.

Edited on 01/27/2013 at 2:06:43 PM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jan 27, 13 3:10 PM
Thanks Gingergal - as if you coud be rude, you dafty- always nice to know you're around. Might just have another half an hour before I go to bed

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 28, 13 4:54 AM
Grand, where are you at in the game? Are you on Day 1? I didn't get a chance to play yesterday but will get back to it today.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jan 28, 13 2:39 PM
Whew I played for about 6 hours today, the longest I've been able to play for ages. I actually began to think I was Nancy!!!

Teresa, so nice you're still playing too. After my long stint I'm now near the start of Day 3. ** Made the key, got caught by the police 3 times and am now locked in the Projection Room. ** Where are you now?

Aquatic , I know you collect second chances - LOL I'm doing well - 5 so far!!

Can't see that anyone's mentioned it - are there any Easter Eggs in this game?

Loved being able to get immersed in the game today and am proud that so far I've worked my way out of things. The puzzles, I love - just challenging enough, without being too easy.

Look forward to getting back to it tomorrow. At this rate I might actually be able to start Still Life with everyone else on Saturday - that will be the first time for ages that I'm not starting after everyone else has nearly finished!!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 28, 13 3:08 PM
G'mum - You are doing well, think you will be fine no problem by Saturday!

I was wrong! (I thought to get easter eggs you had to have achievements in the game) There is an easter egg, I just looked it up but it *doesn't cluck or anything like some of them as sometimes they do it literally*

If you want to try and find it yourself will give you a big tip *go back to an old save BEFORE you get the library of congress phone number*

If you want to know what it actually is -

easter egg spoiler *If you phone the library of congress before you get the phone number (I guess you would have had to play the game at least once to get that info!) you get a list of numbers if you input that into the phone you can hear different things, I looked it up at a video place online and saw it. **

I rarely get them and didn't get that one.

Edited on 01/28/2013 at 3:29:27 PM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 29, 13 3:45 AM
Ohh so there was an easter egg after all! Shoot, I like getting them (but rarely do ) and I really thought there weren't any in this game

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 29, 13 6:02 AM
I am still on Day 2 (trapped under the cage). Didn't get a chance to play yesterday. Today I am taking my mom to see her great granddaughter. She has not seen her yet. I may get a chance to play some later today.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jan 29, 13 7:56 AM
Yay!! Finished!! Managed the last bit quite well - only 3 second chances! I was lucky, because I chose " the pink key first because it was the prettiest, so after I was demolished once, I had a fair idea what to do. Although I didn't use the hatchet I picked up - wonder what it was for? "

Thanks for the info on the Easter egg Gingergal, but, I saved so many times I had written over all the ones before the action you mentioned, so no way to go back.

Now i can look forward to starting Still Life on Saturday with all of you. What shall I play until the - LOL only have about 100 + unplayed games to chose from!

Go to: